Nekonyan's Two December Announcements

littleshogun

1 hour ago, Freestyle80 said:

Sekai hasnt released a decent VN in almost a year or more so something's definitely wrong with them

That depends on what we consider to be "decent", but they released Koikuma in October, Koi ni, Kanmi o Soete in September, and Maitetsu in June, so "a year or more" is definitely wrong.

1 hour ago, adamstan said:

That depends on what we consider to be "decent", but they released Koikuma in October, Koi ni, Kanmi o Soete in September, and Maitetsu in June, so "a year or more" is definitely wrong.

All nukiges or very short VNs which was my point, maybe some people like 'em but they are boring to read for me

As for Sekai, while their releases was not as big as last year, actually they still release some interesting VNs such as aforementioned Maitetsu (If you can see past the loli and censorship mess) and Fatal Twelve. Also as for nukige, I admit that Bokukotsu there did have some good production value compared to most of Mangagamer's nukige. And as for releases number, actually it rivaled Mangagamer's release number looking from VNDB list. I agree though that even with the numbers here, Sekai releases for this year is very underwhelming compared to both of Nekonyan and Mangagamer's releases, moreso because I'd find the releases from the latter two are more interesting to me.

PS - As for Makeover, yeah it's quite obvious that they'll release it at December 2019 later for the earliest simply because there'll be a lot of work to do, and we still didn't see the progress yet. About Makeover, I decided to use that nickname for Making Lovers because just shortened it as either ML or MakeLover sounds wrong lol.

Edited by littleshogun

3 hours ago, Freestyle80 said:

maybe some people like 'em but they are boring to read for me

Your opinion on them doesn't matter though? Neither KoiKuma nor Maitetsu are all that short or low-key. With a logic like this I could say that even MG didn't release any games for almost a year and choose something that interested me from a year ago. Everything else is boring to read for me so they must be going bankrupt!

Though I do hope Sekai will do a much, much, MUUUUUCH better job next year, gosh :notlikemiya:

Edited by novurdim

17 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

As for Sekai, while their releases was not as big as last year, actually they still release some interesting VNs such as aforementioned Maitetsu (If you can see past the loli and censorship mess) and Fatal Twelve. Also as for nukige, I admit that Bokukotsu there did have some good production value compared to most of Mangagamer's nukige. And as for releases number, actually it rivaled Mangagamer's release number looking from VNDB list. I agree though that even with the numbers here, Sekai releases for this year is very underwhelming compared to both of Nekonyan and Mangagamer's releases, at least that's what I think.

PS - As for Makeover, yeah it's quite obvious that they'll release it at December 2019 later for the earliest simply because there'll be a lot of work to do, and we still didn't see the progress yet. As for Makeover, I decided to use that nickname because just shortened it as either ML or MakeLover sounds wrong lol.

That was my point Nekonyan made 2 big releases and a third already has a release date in only a month with a Fandisc coming somewhere in between as well, Mangagamer has been steadily releasing stuff the whole year with some being nukiges and short releases but had 3 major releases, started off strong with Socery Jokers, then Hapymaher and ended with the very decent If You Love me then say so

and then there's Sekai who still doesnt have a release date for Leyline 2 when they said they they aimed for Q2 2018, i pity anyone who crowdfunded that and thats just one example

On 22.12.2018 at 1:13 PM, littleshogun said:

aforementioned Maitetsu (If you can see past the loli and censorship mess)

It kind of IS a big deal, when Sekai's one, out-of-the-box, big release doesn't even release properly and the dumb fuck responsible for the company's PR tweets "What did you expect, I hated this project from the start lul".

At least Koikuma happened. 

On 12/22/2018 at 7:49 AM, adamstan said:

koikuma is nothing but a moedriven nukige (not neccessarily bad), koi ama bland as it could be & maitetsu a boring behemoth, not even counting in its issues upon release.
though not even being its biggest fan, i´d definitely put walk among zombies leagues above the aforementioned in terms of quality/writing.

Well, it supposed to be Nekonyan new announcement topic, but we are talking instead about Sekai. Ahaha... 

Well, okay, but I'm really interested in Making Lovers... But, to be honest, waiting a year before release... 

I mean, so much releases in 2019, and I won't have a time to read them all... Though, some interest of me will disappear for some VNs... 

Seriously, how many times I feel like "oh, I will play that exactly!", and when it got released finally, you are like... "eh, okay, I will play... someday" (never).

I don't know what is wrong with me, maybe, it's is physchology or something... Like I see something fresh and new, and when it finally released, it is not new anymore... Because other announcements here with even more interesting titles... And so... so... circle... augh.

Yeah, I hear you. I sometimes wonder if setting up for a big announcement and then doing the release at the time of the announcement wouldn't actually be more effective than the current state, lack of publicity be damned... or at least maybe announcing just a week in advance of release or something. By the time anything comes out these days, from anyone, it's always like "oh yeah, that thing".

Well I guess something is always happen in the middle of the waiting, and in this case the happening here is lost of interest. That said, as long as there's no interesting announcements compared to Nekonyan's announcements at 2019 later I think the hype is still there, albeit dampened because of the wait time. As for the idea of announce it before a week of the release, that sounds like a good idea but then again it might be not practical to the company themselves (I'm also curious about this matter as well).

PS - It's still okay to talk about Sekai though, because Nekonyan founder is work for Sekai in the past and more importantly Senren Banka here is formerly Sekai's license.

PPS - As for the feeling of when the released announcement wasn't as fresh as back when it was announced, I would say that it's quite normal if we felt burnout for the waiting. That said, I would say that you'll probably can still felt hyped if you keep focusing on the older announcements instead of distracted by new one.

Edited by littleshogun

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, glupak said:

Making lovers main game and it's fan-disc are both vanilla(monogamous,heterosexual) games, right?

Looking at it's VNDB page, it fills that criteria. Initial game is a just a romance with the heroine of your choosing. The fandisc is just extra content for each heroine. No harem endings as far as the tags go.

1 hour ago, Naterocks2000 said:

Looking at it's VNDB page, it fills that criteria. Initial game is a just a romance with the heroine of your choosing. The fandisc is just extra content for each heroine. No harem endings as far as the tags go.

Alright, thanks. I just wanted to make sure it's a nice love story between two people.

For the people saying it's a long wait just focus on stuff that's coming out sooner. At least for me there's plenty to look forward to in 2019. Nekonyan has a progress page so check it out from time to time, play something else to fill the time, and at release we'll be discussing the game here at the forum.

Edited by glupak

It's all hype. Hype works with regular videogames, and it works with VNs.

I'm still hyped by some VNs I've been awaiting since 2013... The likes of Kud Wafter, Amagami, 12 Riven... In the meantime I became hyped by lots more.

I'm thinking of buying a big drive to house all my VNs and even eschew regular videogames for the most part. I'd only build APUs under this scheme. No point in paying big for a discrete GPU.

Edited by Okarin

2 hours ago, littleshogun said:

While I can't say abut Makeover's FD here, at least I'm quite certain that the main VN did only have monogamy (No harem) and normal sex (ie no GL or BL).

> normal sex

> no GL or BL

Terrible choice of words, and a very homophobic one.

4 minutes ago, Silvz said:

> normal sex

> no GL or BL

Well, the vast majority of sex in VNs is heterosexual. I'm sure he didn't mean that homosexual sex is "not normal".

So, homosexuality is a bit out of the norm, as far as VNs go.

43 minutes ago, Silvz said:

> normal sex

> no GL or BL

If you felt offended by that, then I'm apologise for it. What I mean no GL or BL here is pretty much only heterosexual one, and I think it's pretty much most people here (At least in Indonesia) considered as normal. I can try to explain the cultural difference here, but I think it could be going out of control so let me rephrase my post here that 'there's no BL or GL sex in Makeover'.