Looking for help with Sakura no Uta extraction

Hey! I'm looking to extract basically everything from Sakura no Uta (script/assets/UI stuff) and I'm running into some trouble. The two main problems I'm running into are (a) ExtractData is telling me that the .arc files don't exist and (b) I have straight-up no idea what I'm doing. Would anyone mind giving me some pointers?

Somewhat. I was able to extract the audio and images fine, and I was able to locate the script files, but garbro isn't extracting them properly. They just end up as generic files. Is this the bit where I'm supposed to use bgi tools/ethornell editor?

EDIT: I also have no idea how to repack the game once I'm done fiddling with it, but I suppose I can cross that bridge when I get there.

Edited by kooritsukai

Yeh, if the script files are in some proprietary format then Garbro won't open them, and the creator of Garbro has said he isn't interested in adding script decompiling functionality to the program. Supposedly this will do it for you: https://github.com/xupefei/BGIKit

I don't have any Ethornell engine games to try it on though.

As for repacking, Garbro has some limited repacking capability but idk if it can do anything for Ethornell.

An excellent question. Not once have I ever gotten a Github project to compile, and this one is no different. I really wish all projects would just have an official release.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got to build in Sharp Develop. This is actually a first lol. Anyway, get that and use it to open the .sln file in the main folder. Then press F8 or go to the "Build" button at the top. The .exe files will then be in the bin/Debug folder for each of the given pieces of functionality. So, if you're looking for the script decode you'd go to ScriptDecoder/bin/Debug. Are you familiar with using command line programs?

Edited by tahu157