Song of Memories ?

Antera

It escaped many, because initial release was only JP and CN. English translation was added recently, and, since it is published by developers themselves, with no information about who did it, or how was it done, it is understandable to be afraid of bad or machine translation.

Also, the developer is pretty new (4 years old), all their previous games being PSV exclusives.

If this gets on winter sale, I'll my give it a try, but for full price I'm not ready to take a risk ;)

Edited by adamstan

17 minutes ago, adamstan said:

~25GB?? :notlikemiya: Nah, I'm going to pass then. It would take whole day to download...

How did they "achieve" such ridiculous size for VN?

I think this is because everything is animated and has 1920x1080 (native?) resolution. Sprites, CG, and etc.

Also, forgot to mention, this is one of the bad port of console game (even though its yet to came on Switch). You can't change resolution, there is Switch buttons in UI, and UI is pretty much made for playing with gamepad. Take that and bad performance and we got typical port.

Edited by ShinRaikdou

Well Danganronpa and Shibuya Scramble also suffered the bad port as well seeing that we need keyboard to play the VN, and the latter case is more annoying because it didn't really have many control so actually they can use the mouse to control everything. Anyway as for this VN yeah it did escape my eyes because the size was quite big and I guess they need it in order to allow the game supported three language (Symphonic Rain Steam version and Danganronpa V3 also did have the same problem if I remember), and the release was quite sudden. Besides the premise while it's quite unique it's more or less just an ordinary high school life that was thrown into disarray, although the way to restore it was quite unique by using the song. In the end I guess you should buy this for the vocal song alone, along with some well known seiyuu that have the role here such as Yui Horie and Sakura Ayane.

PS - Speaking about spec, let's just say that my old laptop here wouldn't be able to handle it so more or less I just pass on this.

Edited by littleshogun