Question for people who read a Sky Full of Stars, Steam version

NowItsAngeTime

I'm aware it's not censored as much as If My Heart Had Wings.

That said, is it generally really obvious where H-scenes would be on a route? Like is there an obvious romantic/kissing moment into a fadeout? And I assume there's fanservice-y CGs even in the common route (like bathing scenes or whatever) do those even show up or are those removed?

I wrote about it in the AFSOS thread. The cuts aren't obvious, as scenario has been rewritten and replacement dialogues have been recorded. There are two "fadeout" moments in Hikari's route, but they actually happen in slightly different places than the original h-scenes. Other scenes are hard to detect.

As for the fanservicey CGs - in onsen scene in common route nipples are censored, which looks weird, cause they were erased instead of being obscured by steam or whatever, but the scene is still there. Also, there's different CG for this scene when MC stands up, to not show his "rocket" directly - instead we see his back. But the scenario here isn't altered, so it's obvious what he has shown them :P

All in all - I consider this properly done all-ages (or rather +17) version, just like it would probably be done for console edition. Certainly not "butchering".

Edited by adamstan

22 minutes ago, adamstan said:

I wrote about it in the AFSOS thread. The cuts aren't obvious, as scenario has been rewritten and replacement dialogues have been recorded. There are two "fadeout" moments in Hikari's route, but they actually happen in slightly different places than the original h-scenes. Other scenes are hard to detect.

As for the fanservicey CGs - in onsen scene in common route nipples are censored, which looks weird, cause they were erased instead of being obscured by steam or whatever, but the scene is still there. Also, there's different CG for this scene when MC stands up, to not show his "rocket" directly - instead we see his back. But the scenario here isn't altered, so it's obvious what he has shown them :P

All in all - I consider this properly done all-ages (or rather +17) version, just like it would probably be done for console edition. Certainly not "butchering".

Thanks I noticed in the topic you noted in spoilers where exactly the differences are in Hikari route

Do you have a list of what happens in all the other routes, or at the very least where the original H scene would happen?

14 minutes ago, NowItsAngeTime said:

Do you have a list of what happens in all the other routes, or at the very least where the original H scene would happen?

Unfortunately I don't have the list. In my second post I wrote also about one Saya's scene.

But all transitions are very smooth, and I had to check with +18 version to see where would the removed scenes be - and often was surprised ;). Maybe @Infernoplex could make a list assuming he has the scripts extracted for his translation project? I'd have to replay it on skip again, and currently I'm too lazy to do it :P

Edited by adamstan

The truth is, I never compared the differences between the two releases. I myself don't know yet where the cuts happen. I have all the scripts from both, and I only know which ones are missing from Moenovel's release (the H-scene scripts, obviously xD... and 1 or 2 unrelated scripts, which I didn't yet check what they really are). Since I never actually read anything past the common route of Moenovel's release, I have no idea how censoring was really handled in ASFOS (other than what I was told here and elsewhere). At the moment, I am fiddling only with the JP release and porting Moenovel's translation to it (with extensive editing since I don't like the job they did).

2 hours ago, adamstan said:

The cuts aren't obvious, as scenario has been rewritten and replacement dialogues have been recorded. There are two "fadeout" moments in Hikari's route, but they actually happen in slightly different places than the original h-scenes. Other scenes are hard to detect.

Interesting. I wonder, how unofficial h-patch (with mtl h-scenes) handle those differences.