Could you recommend me a romance VN to read for 2019?

Happiness+

I am 5/6 the way done with SeaBed and for some reason, I have a strong urge to read lots of lesbian romance. So, I am looking for the best romantic lesbian visual novels to kick start my 2019. 

Bonus points if it’s plot heavy visual novel. SeaBed has reminded me as to why I can’t really tolerate too much slice of life stuff. 

I'm reading Nurse Love Addiction at the moment. It is VERY much not what one would expect just from the title. There is plot!

I strongly second Flowers.

17 minutes ago, Happiness+ said:

for some reason, I have a strong urge to read lots of lesbian romance

The finest of urges! Also one I've been discovering, too. :Chocola:

Edited by Sayaka

Kindred Spirits on the Roof is simply the best Yuri novel I have ever read, and one of my favorite VNs overall! However, I'd wait for a while, because they are releasing a full-voiced version soon(ish) - and believe me, it is totally worth waiting, as the few voiced lines that are in the game are great.

I'd disagree with Sayaka, as Nurse Love Addiction is - not - about romance, at least not in the sense I think you are expecting. It is, however, great for its story, art style and overall quality, but I would not recommend it if what you want is just romance. If you do end up reading it, I highly suggest you to follow a walkthrough, because some routes spoil things from other routes.

31 minutes ago, Silvz said:

I'd disagree with Sayaka, as Nurse Love Addiction is - not - about romance, at least not in the sense I think you are expecting. It is, however, great for its story, art style and overall quality, but I would not recommend it if what you want is just romance. If you do end up reading it, I highly suggest you to follow a walkthrough, because some routes spoil things from other routes.

That's a fair point re: NLA, but I think there's a trade-off to be made with plot and "typical romance". Still got plenty of nice lesbian flirting going on at the very least. From what I recall reading of SeaBed there's not a whole lot of typical romance going on either.

Kindred Spirits is indeed fantastic, but arguably pretty damn light on plot. I still think it's worth a try for @Happiness+, especially thanks to the structure of the VN. There's a calendar and you unlock scenes, which needn't be read in any particular order once they're available. It delivers SOL in neat little bundles and I found this advantageous! You can, for example, at that time, jump about between the different couples being followed, or progress one couple's story for a while in order. Whatever amuses you!

I'd say like others Kindred Spirits is a good choice along with Nurse Love Addiction. Both volumes of Flowers are great as well especially the second one based wholly one the strength of the one of the best protags out there. Katahane is also a underrated vn that deserves a mention as well. Aoishiro has some romantic moments though it is more plot heavy than anything else(Best be prepared though, for long, long discussions about food and Japanese mythology) 

Fatal 12 has some good yuri moments in it and it is one of the best VNs I've played all year.

On your EVN side you've got some pretty decent picks like Highway Blossoms, Starlight Vega, Butterfly Soup, Love Ribbon.

Anyway, welcome to the yuri club! Enjoy as it slowly starts taking control over all aspects of your life.

So....

https://i.postimg.cc/wvB50LNH/Capturesdfsdfsadf.png

As for Hakuai aka Nurse Love Addiction, yeah I would like to recommend that like the rest of the user here. And if you want to play it, like Sayaka here I'm strongly suggest you to play it following the walkthrough (Personally I would recommend you to save Sakuya's route for the last though). Other than Hakuai, well there's underrated VN called Pygmalion in which it did have battle and plots there, while the romance did take a bit of seatback. Have fun with the yuri there.

20 hours ago, Sayaka said:

That's a fair point re: NLA, but I think there's a trade-off to be made with plot and "typical romance". Still got plenty of nice lesbian flirting going on at the very least. From what I recall reading of SeaBed there's not a whole lot of typical romance going on either.

Kindred Spirits is indeed fantastic, but arguably pretty damn light on plot. I still think it's worth a try for @Happiness+, especially thanks to the structure of the VN. There's a calendar and you unlock scenes, which needn't be read in any particular order once they're available. It delivers SOL in neat little bundles and I found this advantageous! You can, for example, at that time, jump about between the different couples being followed, or progress one couple's story for a while in order. Whatever amuses you!

Yeah, you’re right. It’s a yuri, but there’s not a lot of romance happening. There’s barely any plot: when there’s any plot. I am like, “Oh shit. Stuff is actually happening!” I want less of that :rubycry:

My only exception to the plot heavy preference is that it’s a comedy. 

But I am willing to try KS because of the consensus I see before me.