Evangelion coming to Netflix worldwide in spring 2019 (yes, really)

Funyarinpa

Before we begin, I would just like to say one thing... (Evangelion spoiler)

Spoiler

Omedetou. *smiles blissfully* :sachi:

Man, it's been such a long time since I first watched NGE. Brings back all kinds of nostalgic memories.

At first, reading the title, I thought Netflix was going to make some kind of dumb live action series, and all the warning bells inside my head went off. This is much better, of course, and it's nice to know the entire world finally get to experience this epic saga. How they will respond to it, however, is an entirely different story, considering that the main reason NGE was so brilliant was because of its deconstruction of the mecha genre. Released today, on Netflix, to a western audience... I don't know. Seems like a lot of people "won't get it," won't understand why this is so popular.

And then, you have the "monster of the week" formula that drags through the first-half of the series. And then and then, you have that ending, that 

Spoiler

ambiguous omedetou ending, not to mention "The End of Evangelion" movie.

But I would like to have faith in people, since you do have a lot of Evangelion fans in the western market even now, not to mention Ghost in the Shell and Serial Experiments Lain fans as well, so I'm sure it's just my cynicism talking.

Now, when you get Bokurano on Netflix, that's when you'll have my full attention.

Good if you watch Netflix I guess, although technically speaking Evangelion here is already pretty old so some reaction like Seinfeld is Unfunny trope is inevitable, especially when Netflix subscriber did exposed to either TTGL or Kill la Kill as their first anime hypotetically speaking. That said, some of those may getting interested with Evangelion though, so let's see whether this is the right move from Netflix or not.