An Official Farewell

UnlimitedMoeWorks

Apologies for making this thread in the "Introduce Yourself" section, but I see nowhere else to put it.

Anyway, after taking the time to regather my thoughts considering my recent mental state, I've officially decided that I will be leaving Fuwanovel. This isn't out of personal malice, but considering everything I have directly and indirectly caused on both this forum and on the discord, my stress level is at an all-time high, and I could not take the pressure anymore. You guys were good people, and it was fun to hang out with you while it lasted.

That being said, I was never into VNs to begin with. For this whole time, I felt like I was forcing myself to read a medium I do not particularly enjoy in order to fit in with the community, and it just felt unnatural. Don't forget that I never joined this community for VNs alone, but that I just wanted to mingle with people, and that's about it really. Obviously, this backfired on me as I had no idea what you guys were talking about 90% of the time, and I only made myself known talking about non-VN related stuff. I'm more of an anime and video game type of guy, and VNs are just not for me. I'm very sorry. The only VN I'll continue to read after this is Fate/stay night because, you know, it's Fate, but that'll be my last VN ever.

Take care guys. I'll still remember you for a long time to come.

Edited by UnlimitedMoeWorks

Hey, never say never. Maybe VNs will come back to ha... I mean, entertain you yet. ^^

And, well, no hard feelings for sure. I know how hard it can be to deal with a place/topic connected to bad memories and anxieties, moving on is sometimes the right choice. If you ever feel like giving VNs and this place another go, don't hesitate to say hello. No one will mind the "inconsistency". :)

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

What I can say? I guess take your time to mull over whether you'll take a liking to VN again or not, and if you regain the passion for the VN then you can come back here. In any case, just take your time to resolve your own personal issue there, and hopefully you'll getting better after you resolved it for some times later in the future.

Edited by littleshogun

Well, as Lesiak said, you can drop by whenever you feel like it. It's not like we are "enrolled" in fuwa or anything. You shouldn't be feeling any type of pressure or obligation about reading VNs, talking about VNs or simply fulfilling some kind of participation quota. 

Anyway, you probably have your reasons so I won't meddle more than necessary. If we never come in contact again, I wish you the best of luck in your future affairs :sachi:

That sucks. How did you end up here in the first place if you didn't like VNs? I don't mean it in a rude way, but it just sounds kinda sad to me. Wherever you end up you should get to be yourself and do the things you enjoy though. If you're into anime and videogames and stuff I really wouldn't be surprised if someday you enjoy VNs more. I used to always hate reading, but loved videogames and anime, but since I've started reading books more and more I've found that VNs are kinda just the perfect blend of all my favorite things. Maybe help keep the off topic keep going if you get bored and wanna stop in from time to time. Either way I hope you find the place you belong and keep working to be a better person. /salute