Happy Thanksgiving, What are you thankful for and why?

Happiness+

Cliche. I know but I am sincerely thankful for my family. Even though, they don't share half of all my interests or even one fourth of them. Despite that, I swear I will get at least one of my family members to read a visual novel with one. Something basic. Something small. But something like Air Pressure. They have been there for me through thick and thin. I've learned so much from them. I literally wouldn't be here if it wasn't for my family.

So fun fact, I'm an argumentative person. I get into arguments a lot, and so my aunt told me that one day, she got into an argument with my dad; He just stormed out into the middle of the cold night, then, the next thing she knew, my mother was pregnant. This is so surreal to me. My dad would yell at my Aunt, you're why "Happiness+ is here!"

What are you most thankful for and why?

As I don't know when Thanksgiving is or care what it really is about (seriously, it's one of the more arcane American customs from my perspective) I'm thankful for everyone that puts up with me despite my messed up priorities and chronic lack of time for "serious" stuff. Especially for my family and girlfriend, who somehow can live through me spending all my free time today writing that stupid Steam Sale blog post, instead of spending time with her. I'm lucky to have these people around me, although I'm not sure whether they're lucky to be on the other side of these relationships... :P

And, well, I'm obviously thankful for Fuwa and all the awesome people I communicate with within the VN community. You guys make all this whole VN business truly worth it. :mare:

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

I'm thankful for having experienced 428 Shibuya Scramble. It's not everyday (literally) that you get to experience an amazing game like this that emotionally shook me to the core. I mean, I literally have to wait for two or three years before something this impactful pops into my life, you know? Be it a movie, anime, or a video game. The last time I was this emotionally moved was... maybe six years ago, when I experienced the consequences of all my decisions in the previous Mass Effect games. Man, that was... nerve-wrecking, having to contemplate all that I've done for my crew-members of Normandy, and having to live with their deaths (or survival).

428 was something similar, but on a much more simpler scale. It's more traditional and idealistic, but in that sense, it's also more heartwarming. Your role in saving Shibuya feels just as important as the many wonderful characters in there trying their best to help out, no matter how small their role might be.

Anyway, I'm not going to go into too much details here. I'm just thankful I got to experience something like this, and perhaps lament a bit that I probably won't experience something as impactful for a long time to come.

I'm also thankful that I got Fate/hollow ataraxia to work on my computer at last, after the many bugs and errors I previously experienced. The long-awaited sequel to one of the greatest VNs of all time has finally been voice-patched. Now we just need to get an anime adaptation...

On a similar note... ROOT DOUBLE IS FINALLY WORKING TOO! I thought I would never get to play this game yesterday because I kept experiencing some weird bug. It's not exactly expensive since I got it 60% off, but still. Thankful, thankful, thankful.

I would also like to thank Sekai Project for translating this, along with the many, many VNs they've translated, and the many VNs to come. Keep up the good work, SP.

Finally, I would like to thank @Ramaladni for commenting on my newly-created blog. We might not have been able to come to an agreement regarding our views of VNs with choices, but I'm thankful he commented on it, since new blogs like this often get ignored.

I am thankful that I decided on a whim to read a visual novel. I never was an anime fan, and I'm still not, but I saw Sodapoppin on twitch playing Princess Evangile (I still have no idea why he was playing it lol) and it looked like a nice little feel good story. So I gave it a shot and liked it. When I looked for another good VN to read after finishing PE, I learned about G-Senjou no Mao. That one cemented my interest in VNs.