Finished Aeka's route [Yume Miru Kusuri](SPOILERS)

Naterocks2000

First off, sorry for the repetitive thread name. 

Now to my thoughts+a little recap. Her route was probably the most emotional rollercoaster ride I have partaken in. 

The start to this route was very rage inducing to me as Kouhei proved to be an imbecile and being a pushover even after promising to protect Aeka. Once he started to actually fall in love with her is where it picked up, and then the plot twist with suicide and Aeka asking Nanjou to kill her. I thought he was honestly the biggest moron and wuss ever during it until he protect her. I share a similar experience stopping a bully but not a bully who does things to this extent. The humanity levels in these bullies were just sadistic. Relentless on Aeka, then on Kouhei. The fact that even teachers were part of this was an all too realistic depiction of how reporting bullying usually goes, or the fact that if you're targeted your "friends" will show their true colors. Now lets move onto the ending sequences. One phrase. WTF. All of that was such a plot twist, and really shows how quickly humanity can be destroyed in a person. I sincerely thought Kouhei was gonna get Nanjou to promise to not mess with them ever again. They got me with the sadistic twist, never thought they both would choke her at the end. Truth be told I felt a little queasy during the choking thing and was like "no way they're actually going to kill her" then came the "Lose control of bodily functions" right before death. Then it turned out she survived. That queasiness went away quickly! I understand why Kouhei started choking her, I mean if your gf was being sexually assaulted in front you, you'd definitely want to kill the person doing it and their accomplices (AKA Nanjou and her bf). But man, for an older title, this was especially gruesome, realistic, and beautifully written.(Also it came out near the same time as School Days so I mean) 

Now I am afraid to go to the other routes because I know her situation and what is happening if you don't do her route. Makes you feel guilty.

How did you guys feel about that twist at the end of her route. Did you think similarly to me(thinking they were not going to actually kill her) or did you foresee them doing what they did to Nanjou?

Forgot to mention that CG where Nanjou is literally dying, like foam out the mouth and eyes rolling back in her head. I think I'll remember that CG for a long time.

Edited by Naterocks2000

It was so satisfying :sachi: 

Yeah I remember when I first read it, it also took me by surprise. But, the more I think about it, the more sense it makes that it was handled in that fashion. Aeka was really unstable and she could burst at any point. "I don't fucking care anymore, I'm gonna kill you and be done with it." No ill intentions, not even a scrap of hatred. Just a girl who can't withstand that situation anymore. 

Just now, Thyndd said:

It was so satisfying :sachi: 

Hide contents

Yeah I remember when I first read it, it also took me by surprise. But, the more I think about it, the more sense it makes that it was handled in that fashion. Aeka was really unstable and she could burst at any point. "I don't fucking care anymore, I'm gonna kill you and be done with it." No ill intentions, not even a scrap of hatred. Just a girl who can't withstand that situation anymore. 

I agree, I understand she was at the last ounce of her sanity, and just wanted to be done with the situation and move on. Though they didnt understand what they were doing at the time, something about innocence, I can see why they did it too. It was also well justified to be honest, where did Nanjou ever gain the right to ruin someone's life? Do you still remember that CG though? That will stay in my memories for a good while.

Just now, Naterocks2000 said:

Hide contents

I agree, I understand she was at the last ounce of her sanity, and just wanted to be done with the situation and move on. Though they didnt understand what they were doing at the time, something about innocence, I can see why they did it too. It was also well justified to be honest, where did Nanjou ever gain the right to ruin someone's life? Do you still remember that CG though? That will stay in my memories for a good while.

that I do. I still remember when she pooped herself and Aeka started to laugh. 

Messed up, but I can't say I feel sorry for Antoinette. 

Just now, Thyndd said:

Hide contents

that I do. I still remember when she pooped herself and Aeka started to laugh. 

Messed up, but I can't say I feel sorry for Antoinette. 

I didn't feel bad but also thought she didn't need to die. I mean she ended up surviving and I bet never once mentioned their names ever again. I had the mindset that whatever happened was her fault alone though, so I would have accepted her dying if she indeed had. Strangulation though just gave me flashbacks of an anime I watched a while ago. Just the choking sounds were way too realistic. 

Spoiler

I actually found the scene of them choking out that terrible girl to be one of the most romantic moments I have ever read in a VN. That girl was the definition of a socio/psychopath (idk if she was born without empathy or developed it through abuse). When Aeka says she wants to join in and they do it together it legit made me go "awwwwwwwwww". I really wish that that girls boyfriend got killed or something. He needed to be punished severely. I absolutely loved this VN and I am so glad I saved Aeka's route for last. My only problem with this VN was how the most random chpices would lead to bad ends. Oh you didn't pick the right book at the library? Bad end. You chose endure cumming and then end up doing it anyways instead of choosing to do it right away? Your gf dies from an overdose with your child inside her. Kinda fucked tbh lol. I wish the writer for this did more VNs. This was a hidden gem to me and I am so glad I randomly decided to read it out of the sea of VNs I have in my backlog. 

Oh and the sprites of the characters facing forward were so funny to me. I see why no one ever does that with their art in VNs. At first I found it annoying. However I soon came to find it endearing in a way. It gave a unique feeling to it that no other VN has. 

The music was pretty good as well. "The plot thickens" was actually really awesome. It perfectly summed up Mizuki's route and their crazy relationship.

I looooove the way this VN handles routes, in that Aeka really suffers badly if you don't go for her route. I feel like hers is the worst fate compared to the other three if you didn't pick her (Mizuki was the safest, I think). Key's Kanon pulled off the same thing too, but with less tragedy involved (I think). It's a realistic way of handling harem VNs, almost a deconstruction really. Gives you the message that "Not everyone can be happy at the same time. You can't save everyone."

I felt especially bad for Nekoko, my favorite of the three, because I kinda remember what happens to her in her Bad End, which leads me to wonder what could have happened if you didn't choose her... Yeah, let's just say it's an unsightly fate. 

22 minutes ago, namiultedjapanXD said:

Trust me, its worth it. You may want a guide though. The choices that lead to bad ends are really random.

Yep, I know. Actually, I default to walkthrough for most VNs I read.

5 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

Its not a cute bubbly vn

Yeah, and I'm not expecting anything like that ;) Now that I purchased it I'll definitely give it a try.

4 hours ago, namiultedjapanXD said:
  Hide contents

I actually found the scene of them choking out that terrible girl to be one of the most romantic moments I have ever read in a VN. That girl was the definition of a socio/psychopath (idk if she was born without empathy or developed it through abuse). When Aeka says she wants to join in and they do it together it legit made me go "awwwwwwwwww". I really wish that that girls boyfriend got killed or something. He needed to be punished severely. I absolutely loved this VN and I am so glad I saved Aeka's route for last. My only problem with this VN was how the most random chpices would lead to bad ends. Oh you didn't pick the right book at the library? Bad end. You chose endure cumming and then end up doing it anyways instead of choosing to do it right away? Your gf dies from an overdose with your child inside her. Kinda fucked tbh lol. I wish the writer for this did more VNs. This was a hidden gem to me and I am so glad I randomly decided to read it out of the sea of VNs I have in my backlog. 

Oh and the sprites of the characters facing forward were so funny to me. I see why no one ever does that with their art in VNs. At first I found it annoying. However I soon came to find it endearing in a way. It gave a unique feeling to it that no other VN has. 

The music was pretty good as well. "The plot thickens" was actually really awesome. It perfectly summed up Mizuki's route and their crazy relationship.

Actually didnt know some of this happens , as I only finished Aeka's route but all you mentioned were the bad ends and what I already know about Mizuki so its whatever.

I also got bad ends at first for Aeka too so I get the random choices thing.

Edited by Naterocks2000

YMK routes were ambitious, but they didn't really grab the prize.

Aeka's full of drama, but it turns out they were being overly retarded, when the realisation they could change schools came too little too late. With this degree of bullying, even dropping out of high school is an option, because life is more important than that shit (well, maybe Japanese people would hesitate...).

I think, in fact, that protag enjoys being the unsung hero, because IRL there are more things you can try before physically confronting your bullies (or your girl's).

Also, did you really expect they were going to kill her? Man, this isn't an utsuge, and this level of cruelty isn't common in VNs unless it's a Clockup VN (or similar), which it isn't.

17 hours ago, Naterocks2000 said:

Actually didnt know some of this happens , as I only finished Aeka's route but all you mentioned were the bad ends and what I already know about Mizuki so its whatever.

I also got bad ends at first for Aeka too so I get the random choices thing.

I usually like to do bad ends first and then do the good ends since I like to experience everything but end on a good note, but for this one it isn't worth it in my opinion to get the bad ends. I couldn't bring myself to do it for Aeka's route especially.