• Himekami Ayame
    • Yataka 'Dude' Chiho
    • Komachi Mahiru
    • Rinka
    • Goshogawara Yukki

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/29/2019 at 3:20 AM, Resurgence47 said:

does anyone have a guide to get all of the CGs?

http://www.otakulair.com/english-visual-novel-walkthroughs/if-you-love-me-then-say-so-walkthrough-mangagamer/ I guess

Other than that go through this thread if you are stuck on something specific, its probably been explained already

• 10 months later...

Just started on this game recently and I've noticed in the option menu for the sound, where you can adjust volume of the characters' voices, it seems you can adjust the volume for the Protagonist's voice. But even though I set it to max, I still don't hear the Protagonist's voice in the game. Would it happen to be that the Protagonist's voice is not fully-voiced or something?

Edited by Kaito1

1 hour ago, adamstan said:

Yes, that's the case.

Thank you for the confirmation. It's kind of weird that the Voice actor for the Protagonist is not credited at all, not even atleast under a different name or alias. Well, atleast according to VNDB. Don't know about the actual in-game credits.

Edited by Kaito1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Unfortunately, after reading Ayame's route, I'm going to drop If You Love Me, Than Say So/SukiSuki.  I loved Ayame, her innocent and curious remarks and love of fast good and gaming made for some great interactions. She definitely had that 'weirdo' vibe I like without being too over the top and had a pretty good explanation for why she's the way she is. And is just generally a sweet girl.

Sadly I didn't really like... just about anything else. A lot of the humor (outside Ayame) sucked. Yuki and Aoi basically bullying the MC almost all the time was insanely grating. Mahiru being a typical loli tsundere with immature physical hitting wasn't good either.

The route structure in general is just kinda dumb. The common route skit system is nice for getting certain interactions with characters you want. However, the fact you need a certain amount of points to do a proper "Confession" for a girl who clearly likes you is kinda weird. The main routes have two branches with another "Confession" part that deals with drama. Apparently these ending branches eventually reach them same conclusion anyway but just with different paths and slightly different takes. There's a "Cupid Flower" version of each main route but all it does is put more romance slice of life scenes before the original confession. In theory that's fine but you can ONLY do it after seeing the main ending of the route. To me it makes more sense to have these available before the main route ending somehow since the tonal shift is too weird after seeing the drama then going back just to see slice of life only to realize the Cupid Flower version of the route still has the same endings anyway.

Speaking of Cupid Flowers, I'm not really a fan of how the "random supernatural" was included. This setting easily could without QP and love fairy shit. And doesn't help QP is annoying as hell and part of the bad humor. To me a lot of the stuff could have happened without this stuff being included but I guess they needed a way for this to stick out compared to typical moege. Just felt like they wanted a way to have some KEY-lite nakige supernatural shit when they felt like.

Speaking of KEY, Ayame's route is supposed to be one of the weaker ones. While her 'drama' was interesting, I thought the way it was resolved in both of her endings was way too rushed and had way too much supernatural. It pretty much reminded me of a typical KEY true ending but happening way too quickly. Apparently almost every route is better, but considering I didn't like the other 2 main girls, I didn't bother even if they supposedly have better stories (but I'm going to assume the structure is similar).

Speaking of routes, apparently Chiho and especially Rinka have pretty good routes. However, you have this super long ass common route, and they don't even appear until you finish 1-2 of the main routes! How am I supposed to care about them until you force them after others with no screentime? I'm already forcing myself through a drawn out game with shitty humor.  Doesn't help likable characters like Eri and Maya get plenty of common route screentime and don't get routes.

Overall, I did not like this VN much at all, but I loved Ayame and her interactions so much that alone got me to continue reading this VN, to the point I started skimming a lot of non-Ayame dialogue. I had no expectations, but was still pretty disappointed. Damn, what a shame. 4/10

• 2 weeks later...

I would say that Chuable may have a problem with managing their financial and their setting, especially with the reason on why they can't implement Maya's route that was supposed to be playable if you rejected by Miharu (Maya's little sister for the reminder) was because of money. While granted it might be the truth for almost all of the companies, considering that they manage to hire Chiho's VA even despite so-called budget problem it should be obvious that they really have the problem with managing their setting (Especially when you consider that Chico only appear after you finished the VN once), and I did already said in here that the staffs may have some problem in regard of creative diference.

Also since Ange did mention the addition of QP is unnecessary, I believe that the director may not like it as well and I assume that the idea of QP may came from the scenario writer who as the director said 'running wild on us' (It's more on him commenting on the out of ordinary heroines idea though, but you get the idea), although of course it's just my assumption here. In any case they could allocate the budget for QP VA's along with Chiho's VA in order for Maya to have more lines as the heroines, although of course reality is more cruel than ideal especially with the creative difference that they may need to deal when they created Suki Suki.

Lastly I want to say that the writer did a good job on Haretaka, especially when he manage to had all four main heroines available in the first playthrough which evidently is quite contrast with Suki Suki here. Also even with problem in Suki Suki, I want a certain other work from the author here got translated (It's Apeiria in which it has some science fiction element).

Edited by littleshogun

After having played through the Ayame route, this game seems to be one of the more disappointing. Disappointing in the routes that we get, the two girls that really stood out to me eri and maya both do not get routes where the most annoying character in VNs Mahiru gets one.  Did not mind the way it was set up with the events every day and the humor was both good and bad but just the route selection is terrible. The main character himself was a detracting factor during a lot of it too. 

• 4 weeks later...

I wish I didn't play Ayame route. I mean, the route is wholesome and I really love Ayame, but that is what make it's painful because even at the end, Ayame is still have to live like that. At first I thought that there's still that something cucumber QP said to be able to cure illness, so I tried my best replaying a lot of time, hope that there will be an ending where Ayame's illness can be cured. But then I was wrong, the cucumber only help a little bit. I am still heartbreaking now, would have rate this game 9/10 if Ayame didn't have that cruel fate.

• 2 weeks later...