• Yataka 'Dude' Chiho
  2. 2. What is your favorite route?

• Himekami Ayame
    • Yataka 'Dude' Chiho
    • Komachi Mahiru
    • Rinka
    • Goshogawara Yukki

3 hours ago, TexasDice said:

Any chances of that translated walkthrough ever happening? I've been trying really hard to get Ayame's reverse confession, but it's just not happening.

For Ayame’s one u need to get Yuuki’s grandpa to teach volleyball and also have her affection up to atleast ‘like’, much easier to get than Yuuki’s one

Glad to see I'm not the only one with a beef for the dating sim elements.
In my case, i'll just wait patiently till a kind soul, well versed in these types of games (or just a lot of free time)
concocts a proper walkthrough. Meanwhile, skipping text and trying different choices seems to be the only effective way to explore the routes.

6 hours ago, Freestyle80 said:

For Ayame’s one u need to get Yuuki’s grandpa to teach volleyball and also have her affection up to atleast ‘like’, much easier to get than Yuuki’s one

That's some 4D chess level pathfinding, good god.

52 minutes ago, Helvetica Standard said:

Glad to see I'm not the only one with a beef for the dating sim elements... skipping text and trying different choices seems to be the only effective way to explore the routes.

I would find it a lot less appalling if I could open the menu in the choice screen. Being unable to load from there is the worst. 

59 minutes ago, TexasDice said:

That's some 4D chess level pathfinding, good god.

I would find it a lot less appalling if I could open the menu in the choice screen. Being unable to load from there is the worst. 

Afaik just do the scene 'Greatest crisis of my life' followed by 'Grandpa attacks' that should trigger the additional volleyball stuff (Btw important scenes are always labled with a '(!)')

On 12/24/2018 at 11:57 AM, SunnyDay said:

Clear all movie and all scene, except for 1 scene from Mahiru.

Someone knows to finish this scene?

Done All Movie

Mahiru missing scene

That's the one I was missing.
Before you get onto her route you have to complete the Macra Puaba quest, which unlocks after completing the Almocorn quest.

I don't think the quest appears before the reverse confession event, so you'll be forced to confess near the end of the common route

Edited by Hiashi

On 12/24/2018 at 10:03 PM, Freestyle80 said:

How about Yuuki's reverse confession? I haven't been able to get that one yet

Seems to be a bug with the game and CGs where loading previous saves that haven't completed certain sections would reset the CGs. The game knows you've finished those sections cause you can skip them entirely but you have to not skip them and read through them again for you to unlock the CG again. 

Other than that: 

Spoiler

I was pretty confused about Chiho's route since I had no idea which part was a dream and which wasn't. Entire story didn't make sense to me in general and I didn't particularly like the route since she had no interaction with anyone. They just seemed to insert her randomly in the story and the whole situation felt really weird and awkward. At least with Rinka I got to see other's reactions and it was fun.

Definitely my order for best routes would be Yuuki > Rinka > Ayame > Chiho > Mahiru (even though I haven't finished Ayame or Mahiru yet). I'm mostly just interested in the past with Mahiru but I can't take her seriously in this game. Ayame's that classic airhead that I don't really like either and what made me choose Yuuki over Rinka was the dumb career over love stuff. I kinda wished confessing would just lead to a bad end instead since I didn't think ignoring QP's warning should just allow MC to try hard and regain everything. 

57 minutes ago, Dunyum said:

How about Yuuki's reverse confession? I haven't been able to get that one yet

Yuuki's reverse confession is fairly complex, first you need to plan her birthday in Naturale and then you need to watch Mahiru on TV on a cooking show which unlocks the scene that you need to help her cook and as a reward she gives you concert tickets, thats the key to getting the reverse confession.

I suggest following the Japanese walkthrough (just google translate it) because it took me a while to do it alone lol

Edited by Freestyle80

There is also MTLed version of that walkthrough already floating around (but because it's MTL, it won't align perfectly with choices text in-game - you have to guess which one fits the best ;) )

Also, for some strange reasons, the expected playing order isn't reflected in walkthrough's structure - you have to jump between sections.

Order expected by walkthrough is Ayame -> Chiho -> Yuuki -> Mahiru -> Rinka

Edited by adamstan

I'm started to think that Chiho's route here might be just added because of the difference creative between the writer and the director just like Mangagamer post did tell, and perhaps it would be better if I can see whether my assumption here is true or not. Let's see if I can comment about Suki Suki here later on.

On 29.12.2018 at 7:15 PM, neverending0 said:

Other than that: 

Hide contents

I was pretty confused about Chiho's route since I had no idea which part was a dream and which wasn't. Entire story didn't make sense to me in general ...

Don't worry, Barney is I am here to save you, by explaining how Pepe Silvia Chiho works

Spoiler

Summary of the route's events:

1. Chiho gets bear from mom
2. Chiho loses Bear
3. protag finds bear and brings it to the police
4. Chiho gets back bear from Police
5. Chiho wants to find protag at school, but doesn't talk to him (in love I guess)
6. Chiho stalks protag to work, but is too shy to enter
7. Chiho stalks protag again with her mom and sits in way to watch the kitchen
8. Chiho and mom go home, Chiho loses bear on the intersection
9. Mother attempts to pick up the bear, but gets kissed by a truck (which is what QP shows protag as a dream)
10. Chiho has amnesia now and loses the bear again
11. protag finds the bear again brings it to da police one more time
12. Protag meets Chiho *CUE COMMON ROUTE*
13. They get together *CUE ROMANCE*
14. Chiho remembers a bunch of shit (half of which isn't true in the end)
15. Chiho retraces her steps back to the police, gets the bear back
16. Chiho almost gets hit by a car but the protag saves her
17. The protag now has amnesia and Chiho's amnesia is gone, but she has amnesia to all things she learned during the initial amnesia
18. protag goes through some more stuff and realizes it's a dream
19. protag wakes up from amnesia
20. protag and Chiho meet each other and she remembers what happened during her amnesia because of the automated phone message
21. Chiho explains the route in the epilogue via a giant exposition dump
22. Chiho's mom is alive, she was just in a come before
23. Chiho and protag confess once again, the END

So, what happened and what didn't?

This didn't happen:
Everything protag assumed happened at the age 5 or 6
Chiho and protag going out to wcdonalds and Naturale (she did that with her mom)
the rooftop H-scene
The phone not working and Chiho not remembering Protag
Protag saving Chiho's mom (QP's dream)

This did happen:
The bear gets lost, found, lost again
mom kisses a car
Chiho had a crush prior to protag knowing her
Protag hits a car
Everything else

zs9eE2G.jpg

As we see here, it's not that complicated of a story. The execution of it all is just pointlessly confusing. Everything happening between step 14 to 18 happens in a span of 20 minutes and Chiho's epilogue is basically just her attempting to tell you what happened in 15 minutes of straight expository dialog.

I don't think would've been a bad story if someone ironed out those clunky parts in a second draft, but the real issue with Chiho is that both she and her route feel really out of place. The tone, content and character has nothing to do with anything else that is happening in Sukisuki. (Even QP fucks off for almost the entire thing, although they did adress that.)

Edited by TexasDice

Some decent fellows at otakulair.com translated walkthrough from seiya-saiga, and put it in correct order. Enjoy:

http://www.otakulair.com/english-visual-novel-walkthroughs/if-you-love-me-then-say-so-walkthrough-mangagamer/

That should clear all confusion about missing CGs and conditions for routes.

Edited by adamstan