2. 2. What is your favorite route?

• Himekami Ayame
    • Yataka 'Dude' Chiho
    • Komachi Mahiru
    • Rinka
    • Goshogawara Yukki

9 hours ago, adamstan said:

[had to keep away, but I guess it won't hurt to discuss the game itself ;) ]

I suppose that you have to use one to get the next? Walkthrough at seia-saiga doesn't mention using them - it seems that they are meant to be used as kind of "shortcuts" to get to the girl's route by instantly giving you one "relationship point", so you would miss bunch of scenes that way.

Nocturnal Illusion's biggest problem was that translator apparently just sucked at English ;) But then, that translation is like 20 years old :o

Nah if you use Cupid's flower you get into a relationship early so you get a bunch of new scenes with the heroine, some pretty adorable ones too :vanilla:

thanks @ArgentstR you were right, this game is a bit confusing and the only walkthrough available is in Japanese lol 

almost fully completed Yuuki's route now, that was pretty good actually, onto Ayame next

btw anyone got Rinka to appear yet? Got Chiho on 2nd playthrough but no sign of Rinka 

8 hours ago, Freestyle80 said:

Nah if you use Cupid's flower you get into a relationship early so you get a bunch of new scenes with the heroine, some pretty adorable ones too

Thanks, good to now. Will try that on second playthrough.

8 hours ago, Freestyle80 said:

almost fully completed Yuuki's route now, that was pretty good actually, onto Ayame next

I started with Ayame. Got to the beginning of her route (succesful confession).

Joined the fight. Thoughts after 6 hours:

- I refuse to accept that 2 of the 5 heroines really exist

- this choice system is the second most annoying thing I've ever seen. Whoever thought releasing this without a walkthrough was okay should be held responsible in court. 

- How and/or why did they waste this much time and that many resources for Maya if it doesn't lead to anything?

Edited by TexasDice

4 minutes ago, TexasDice said:

- How and/or why did they waste this much time and that many resources for Maya if it doesn't lead to anything?

Similar question as with Ruriko in Princess Evangile ;) Well, at least she got a route in W/Happiness. Looks like Chuable just went belly up before they could do one for SukiSuki. I'm sure that Maya's route would be there. And maybe Eri's too?

4 minutes ago, TexasDice said:

- this choice system is the second most annoying thing I've ever seen.

Yep. I'm not a fan of "dating sim" mechanic it seems. Prefer typical "branching story" structure.

As for EN walkthrough - if there isn't one by the time I finish playing this, I may attempt to "translate" JP one linked above.

Edited by adamstan

So wasnt planning on this, Rinka spoilers:

I accidentally entered her route by just running out of 'My room mode' and not confessing, wasnt expecting them to show Souta's 'soulmate' like that 

Was again a pretty fun route, the true end kinda bittersweet though but still decent. All the dream talk was getting dumb though :makina:

This game trolls you a lot, in the tutorial they were saying if you dont confess you'll get a 'bad end' of sorts lol

34 minutes ago, TexasDice said:

Yep asked the exact same question, they spent way too much resources on her, why didnt they finish the job? We really didnt need Chiho instead sloppy business decisions guess thats why they went bankrupt 

Edited by Freestyle80

29 minutes ago, TexasDice said:

Joined the fight. Thoughts after 6 hours:

- I refuse to accept that 2 of the 5 heroines really exist

- this choice system is the second most annoying thing I've ever seen. Whoever thought releasing this without a walkthrough was okay should be held responsible in court. 

Spoiler

My thoughts about Maya is that she doesn't fit with the system. The system is about girls falling in love with mc. She already is in love with mc without you doing anything for it. Well, same can be said about Yuuki, but she goes "sorry, but i don't know about love" or something when you confess early, but goes "I've always loved you" bullshit when you've gained enough apples. It's truly a shame that they weren't able to write a story which was supported by the gameplay system. Anyway, Maya is in love with the mc from the start.

Yuuki route ending spoiler:

Spoiler

For anyone who have done Yuuki. Which ending did you like best? I personally liked best the one which fit their original dream best (where you don't confess at the end) and they worked for it together, instead of mc trying to fix her family's bullshit (Honestly, i can't respect someone having to fix 2 grown men's relationship like that) and her going to college for x amount of years before they start working together. In my eyes there was exactly 1 proper ending. Only bad thing was her not knowing her father.

1 minute ago, Stormwolf said:
  Reveal hidden contents

My thoughts about Maya is that she doesn't fit with the system. The system is about girls falling in love with mc. She already is in love with mc without you doing anything for it. Well, same can be said about Yuuki, but she goes "sorry, but i don't know about love" or something when you confess early, but goes "I've always loved you" bullshit when you've gained enough apples. It's truly a shame that they weren't able to write a story which was supported by the gameplay system. Anyway, Maya is in love with the mc from the start.

Yuuki route ending spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

For anyone who have done Yuuki. Which ending did you like best? I personally liked best the one which fit their original dream best (where you don't confess at the end) and they worked for it together, instead of mc trying to fix her family's bullshit (Honestly, i can't respect someone having to fix 2 grown men's relationship like that) and her going to college for x amount of years before they start working together. In my eyes there was exactly 1 proper ending. Only bad thing was her not knowing her father.

I agree with you, i did the normal end first and that felt much better, it showed how much Yuuki cared for Souta better, kinda same for Rinka tbh, her true part gets too dramatic, normal is better

7 minutes ago, Freestyle80 said:

Hide contents

I agree with you, i did the normal end first and that felt much better, it showed how much Yuuki cared for Souta better, kinda same for Rinka tbh, her true part gets too dramatic, normal is better

Spoiler

Must be some Japanese mentality of duty, family and enough money at play with that ending. At least from my viewpoint it's impossible to view the first ending as the best one. BUT i don't think necessarily the confess ending is the "true" one. I read somewhere that confessing is not necessarily the best way to go about things. I think they're just endings a and b.

Edited by Stormwolf

So first of all hello everyone, this is my first post after lurking for a few years! 

I saw a lot of discussion about Maya so I would like to point to the Directros Comments part 2 posted by Mangagamer.link

They did want to make her into a heroine but run out of budget (or if I want to be cynical they were gunning for the fan-disk). I think this is the reason why so much energy/work was spent on her. She is definitely the best choice out of the initial three. Shame. 

Just now, adamstan said:

I'd much prefer Maya over Mahiru. Mahiru as a heroine makes me uncomfortable - she's way too childish, both in appearance and behaviour. I'm scared to do her route.

I love Mahiru as character, but I would've much preferred they'd taken a different approach to framing her. Instead of being young and childish and spoiled as a result, they could've made her a reasonable age and have her be pampered and simple-minded as a result of her actress status.

Without big spoilers, a simple yes or no answer from someone who say the/an ending: I've finished the first read without picking anyone out of sheer scientific interest and now I'm wondering

Spoiler

Do we actually find out who Souta's "fated" girl is?

I initially assume(d) it's Rinka, but then towards the end of summer there was a lot of focus on Eri. 

1 minute ago, TexasDice said:

Without big spoilers, a simple yes or no answer from someone who say the/an ending: I've finished the first read without picking anyone out of sheer scientific interest and now I'm wondering

Reveal hidden contents

I initially assume(d) it's Rinka, but then towards the end of summer there was a lot of focus on Eri. 

Spoiler

Sorry i don't have an answer, but it does have the "one true end" tag to it. I'm assuming it will actually have a proper ending, but without a coherent walkthrough, it doesn't make it easy for anybody.

1 hour ago, Harag said:

So first of all hello everyone, this is my first post after lurking for a few years! 

August 26, 2015

wow

I have been reading the discussion and have yet to see a comment about the quality of the translation/text itself. I mean, besides the "problems" already mentioned, how good is it?

1 hour ago, Silvz said:

August 26, 2015

wow

I have been reading the discussion and have yet to see a comment about the quality of the translation/text itself. I mean, besides the "problems" already mentioned, how good is it?

The translation is pretty good. All those criticisms regarding localization are some galaxy brain thinking bullshit. I welcome the "dude" change because it makes the game memorable, and it's fun.

4 hours ago, TexasDice said:

Hide contents

Its Rinka

8 hours ago, Mr Poltroon said:

Instead of being young and childish and spoiled as a result, they could've made her a reasonable age and have her be pampered and simple-minded as a result of her actress status.

This. The way she is now, she's clearly designed for hardcore lolicons only.

Spoiler

I already felt uncomfortable looking at her in the onsen CG, and that peeing scene in the garden during "Almocorn" event (QP magic created a vegetable that was highly diuretic...) that I stumbled upon while aiming for Ayame's route was definitely uncalled for and creepy.

I feel totally creeped out when I think about the possibility of h-scenes with her. I mean, Tina in SakuSaku was pretty much borderline for me, and I started to skip thru her scenes halfway thru her route, but at least they had some excuses for her - and still her body wasn't as childish as Mahiru's if my memory serves me right. With Matsuri in Kazoku Keikaku they waited a few years, so by the time of h-scenes she clearly wasn't a child, even if still petitte.

8 hours ago, Stormwolf said:

Yikes, we fully agree on something! And the protagonist isn't that bad tbh

Yep, as for now he's pretty decent.

27 minutes ago, Naterocks2000 said:
1 hour ago, TexasDice said:

15 hours in and I haven't even seen dudegirl. I will end up with an eyepatch, a new continent and a national holiday after navigating this VN.

I literally just hit the 14 hour mark five minutes ago and haven't seen her either lol. I am enjoying the humor though. 

Maybe it has something to do with her being side heroine, outside from the main three. I guess, just like with Rinka, there are some conditions for meeting her?

Edited by adamstan