• Yataka 'Dude' Chiho
  2. 2. What is your favorite route?

• Himekami Ayame
    • Yataka 'Dude' Chiho
    • Komachi Mahiru
    • Rinka
    • Goshogawara Yukki

9 minutes ago, Veshurik said:

So, as I can understand, they just can't sell game on Steam (because they can't get rights for that). It's logical, because Chuablesoft bankrupcy etc...

Nah, Steam is completely unrelated to Chuablesoft's bankruptcy. MG has license for SukiSuki, and solved all legal problems - otherwise they couldn't publish it anywhere.

Probably they aren't going to release it on Steam, because there's no all-ages version, and releasing adult high-school based VN there would be quite risky , if even all-ages versions aren't safe, as recent HGB ban has shown...

Edited by adamstan

As for the CG number, it was at 1,669 CGs looking from the posted picture. Keep in mind that I may be wrong though.

Anyway, we have Mangagamer did post another director comment in regard of Suki Suki here, and I did find that the reason of why there's no Maya's route is quite bleak knowing Chuuable's situation. Read the post here if you'd interested with it, and by the way it's the last part for the info.

I guess we can say that the director was probably still depressed after his company bankrupted, and thus he's became more cynical. Also probably both of the director and the writer did have some conflict when they made Suki Suki, simply because the writer and the director taste is different especially if you know that each people did have different taste in regard of the girls.

Anyway, quite depressing note from the director aside we finally have Suki Suki released today, although I'm reported about this very late. Go get the game from Mangagamer site, and have fun. Feel free to discuss the VN here, and perhaps I should make the poll later.

On 12/12/2018 at 5:23 PM, Stormwolf said:

Cant say that post makes the game more appealing

1 hour ago, Stormwolf said:

Weird decision to have a letter like that posted before release which makes the game seem, well a bit bad.

Why exactly do you feel like that?

When I read his commentary, I found the whole thing exciting. These girls are crazy. It should be crazy fun, too.

7 hours ago, littleshogun said:

I guess we can say that the director was probably still depressed after his company bankrupted, and thus he's became more cynical.

More like, he has nothing to lose anymore and can be 100% honest with his audience. :D

Though, I actually got curious after reading it. Even if it's hit and miss when it goes to heroines, I'll take that any day over 10000th identical moege that just does the same thing as every other one on the market. :P

39 minutes ago, Mr Poltroon said:

Why exactly do you feel like that?

When I read his commentary, I found the whole thing exciting. These girls are crazy. It should be crazy fun, too.

Crazy in what way? Likely only the usual bullying of the protagonist, because that's crazy fun! Super exciting! And even after seeing the same jokes and hitting scenes for the 500th time, it's still as funny!

I don't pay full price for something the creator says is not as good as it should have been. Not worth it, at least with the descriptions of it.

57 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

Crazy in what way? Likely only the usual bullying of the protagonist, because that's crazy fun! Super exciting! And even after seeing the same jokes and hitting scenes for the 500th time, it's still as funny!

I don't pay full price for something the creator says is not as good as it should have been. Not worth it, at least with the descriptions of it.

Crazy precisely because it's not that, according to what we've heard. One of them is super boyish and a pervert and not maidenly. A trope we see some of, but apparently some fans couldn't even see her as a girl, and that kind of unusual thing is fun!
What else? A girl that's really dumb? Oh, yeah! Yumina from Yumina the Ethereal was one of my favourite characters precisely for that reason.

Neither of these indicate anything about being jerks to the protagonist.

All those 'criticisms' are about the director not liking those particular tropes. Not about the product being bad.

I'm reading it, it's nice so far. Common route choice system is a weird mix between Majikoi and dating sims ;)

For now, I'm liking the characters. MC is okay too, although certain someone ;) probably wouldn't like him - he calls himself a "beta" or even "gamma, evolved form of beta" and seems to be proud of it :P

There's one translation choice I'm not entirely comfortable with - when MC speaks in Engrish, it's translated into broken Spanish. I don't like it, because it probably is more obscure to me than Engrish would be to Japanese readers. (And I say Engrish deliberately, as it's broken English, used for lolz). I mean, I can't understand almost anything of it. But that's a minor issue.

Edited by adamstan

24 minutes ago, Mr Poltroon said:

Crazy precisely because it's not that, according to what we've heard. One of them is super boyish and a pervert and not maidenly. A trope we see some of, but apparently some fans couldn't even see her as a girl, and that kind of unusual thing is fun!
What else? A girl that's really dumb? Oh, yeah! Yumina from Yumina the Ethereal was one of my favourite characters precisely for that reason.

Neither of these indicate anything about being jerks to the protagonist.

All those 'criticisms' are about the director not liking those particular tropes. Not about the product being bad.

Boyish CAN be fun, and perverted can also be good if portrayed in a good way. Sometimes the pervert heroines takes a 180 degree turn when it comes to sex though since its just a farce. But nothing wrong with those personalities if done correctly. 

20 minutes ago, adamstan said:

I'm reading it, it's nice so far. Common route choice system is a weird mix between Majikoi and dating sims ;)

For now, I'm liking the characters. MC is okay too, although certain someone ;) probably wouldn't like him - he calls himself a "beta" or even "gamma, evolved form of beta" and seems to be proud of it :P

There's one translation choice I'm not entirely comfortable with - when MC speaks in Engrish, it's translated into broken Spanish. I don't like it, because it probably is more obscure to me than Engrish would be to Japanese readers. (And I say Engrish deliberately, as it's broken English, used for lolz). I mean, I can't understand almost anything of it. But that's a minor issue.

I dont like the borderline hetare protagonists. As long as he's not an massive idiot and a doormat then im sure it'll be fine!

To be fair, isn't Chiho the boyish, "one of the guys" heroine? It doesn't really sound off how they speak irl but maybe that's just me :leecher:  only have to add some swearing and you'll get the full true bokukko experience! :P 

Of course, still sounds weird af using it during the hscenes instead of say, the MCs name. That would be a way better replacement.

Edited by MaggieROBOT

3 hours ago, ShinRaikdou said:

Someone kill Arunaru, please.

I'd be pretty careful about saying that. Normally I'd take it as a joke, but the fact that people are making full-fledged, genuine death threats towards localisers lately is... sad, to say the least. Not to mention a constant barrage of personal insults, among other things. I'm all for reasoned criticism, but whew lad

The translator has responded to criticism on Twitter, and it's pretty fair tbh. They talked about why they made the decisions they made, among other things. The majority of the game appears to be well-translated beyond the localisation decisions which are naturally subjective. These people are human beings doing their best to faithfully represent the text. They are not secretly plotting with localisation companies to cuck every last visual novel fan that gets off to seeing 'onii-chan' atleast it's relatively unlikely

Besides, 'dude' is hilarious. It spawned memes, it's great, and in context it even makes some sense.

A noble soul out there is working to produce a patch so that everyone can be happy. Bless them. Bless everyone. Be peaceful, be calm. Love each other. We're all humans. 

:Teeku: