Looking for a Romance VN I have not read

Naterocks2000

As for Sanoba, the sex scenes was only at the prologue and after that it's more in line with normal Yuzusoft VNs. After that, the sex scenes will happen at the characters routes so yeah while the premise it's like nukige it's more or less just charage. I think you have the point though that the premise need to be more subtle, because it can cause misunderstanding that Sanoba is nukige. Well since you already pick Crescendo there, have fun playing it and the VN itself is indeed quite old. Oh and seeing that Mangagamer will release Suki Suki at December 13th later, may as well recommend that to you.

Edited by littleshogun

Sanoba is nice, but so far (just finished common and entered Tsumugi's route) it fails to move me emotionally - it feels a little bland, I can't connect with characters as much as I did in some other moeges I've read. So far the most entertaining bits for me were comedic scenes, especially chibi/SD ones. They were cuuuute :) But I'm not dropping it, as I feel it has potential.

As for Crescendo, I'd like to also mention music in it - it did really great job at creating the mood.

Edited by adamstan

Having played through Kaho's route on Crescendo. I have to say it holds up well for being 17 years old. I actually feel that the characters are more expressive than some modern VNs I have read and that really surprised me. And yes the music generally did do its job well in creating a certain mood for scenes.

And on that note, time to start Kyoko's route.

Edited by Naterocks2000

I also started with Kaho/Kyoko route. It is nice as an introduction into the game. From these two I slightly preferred Kyoko ;)

Those two routes are most light-hearted, typical high-school romance stories. Remaining routes are much heavier. I think Yuka's was the best.

Edited by adamstan

22 hours ago, adamstan said:

Those two routes are most light-hearted, typical high-school romance stories. Remaining routes are much heavier. I think Yuka's was the best.

The twist in Yuka's route got me. Hits close to home because I actually once went out with a girl who tried to use a wristband for that purpose. It said "Never give up hope.".....

You weren't lying about these routes being pretty heavy.

Just read like for like five more minutes and after hearing her past was like "Oh....".

Oh wtf is the rest of her route? Wow I thought gal cleaning(a manga, if you can even call it that) was showing enough of "that" and it somehow is in this story.

Edited by Naterocks2000

17 hours ago, Naterocks2000 said:

The twist in Yuka's route got me. Hits close to home because I actually once went out with a girl who tried to use a wristband for that purpose. It said "Never give up hope.".....

Just read like for like five more minutes and after hearing her past was like "Oh....".

Oh wtf is the rest of her route? Wow I thought gal cleaning(a manga, if you can even call it that) was showing enough of "that" and it somehow is in this story.

Oh.....I was not ready for that last route. I haven't teared up in a long time. Didn't know this had an Utsuge route.....

You guys set me up. Since I said Eden* was too tragic for me you went and gave me an equally depressing story (I kidding btw)

On 11/17/2018 at 3:02 AM, Naterocks2000 said:

Spoiler

Is her rape from her past or while she's with the mc?

Yeah, it is, and I suppose that's the purpose of it. Man, how I felt anger at those bastards, mixed with sense of powerlessness (just like protagonist)...

Spoiler

Especially since this kind of happens BECAUSE she's gotten closer to protagonist. They raped her because earlier she refused one of them as she decided to quit being a prostitute if I remember correctly.

Edited by adamstan