Pokemon Detective Pikachu - LIVE ACTION POKEMON!!!

LemiusK

They finally did it. Never would I thought to see the day when Pokemon finally goes live action. It felt kinda like seeing dinosaurs in the first Jurassic Park for the first time. I could hardly believe my eyes.

Well, okay, so half of it is blatant CGI, but close enough! Just look at that fur on Pikachu! Holy molly! And Ryan Reynolds voicing Pikachu to boot!

Now, the stage is set. If this movie is a hit, we'll pretty much see our first live action Ash Ketchum for the first time in cinema. lol Cast Tom Holland!

Edited by LemiusK

Yeah it strangely doesn't look awful. They look a bit eery though like those drawling of what pokemon would look like if they were real that's been floating around the net for several years. Not sure about Ryan Reynolds voices Pikachu though. Shame they didn't give it to an actual voice actor.

Also

6 hours ago, Ranzo said:

Shame they didn't give it to an actual voice actor.

Yeah, Ryan sounds nothing like a 'detective' at all. lol Compare this to the original Japanese voice from the Detective Pikachu game, who sounds deeper and more mellow, like a veteran detective.

Would have been funny if they got Liam Neeson to voice... :makina: