Hello Good Bye English Release (January 25th)

littleshogun

HGB Poll  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best girl in HGB for you?

• Rindou Natsume
    • Hiiragi Koharu
    • Saotome Suguri
    • Yukishiro May
  2. 2. What's the best route for you in HGB?

• Hiiragi Koharu
    • Saotome Suguri
    • Yukishiro May
    • Rindou Natsume

Yeah finally we have the Steam store for HGB was finally opened, in which it's been delayed for a while here and ironically still manage to have summer release for Australian people lol. What I can say is that we should just expect this as charage with the MC focus instead of spy action VN, even though the premise was definitely make people expected that. If anything, at least this isn't Grisaia in which they need to rely on the FDs in order to resolve Yuuji's past.

PS - I don't know if this is the good time or not, but I figure may as well try to open the thread about HGB here. As for the casts, let's just say that all four of them were pretty interesting.

Edit (12/13) - I decided to change the thread title simply because Steam did removed HGB from their store, and apparently they'll try to explain their behavior about this at weekend later.

Edited by littleshogun

1 hour ago, Wildbreed said:

Hmm:yumiko:

Dont you find something odd here?..
You should probably correct this mistake before it causes any misunderstandings  

Yeah I find it odd that I managed to mistaken HGB as Hello Lady without realizing it lol, so thanks for noticing it. Anyway, the next release here is still HGB instead of Hello Lady in case you already misunderstood about that.

So apparently it's removed from the Steam store, and obviously it'll be affected the release time thanks to Steam being fickle here. Let's still hope that we can still get HGB released here, and if possible by not using Steam anymore in which they proved to be quite a fickle one.

Speaking about Steam, well to tell the truth I'm kind of wary when they say that they'd allow 18+ VN to be sold on their store, because there's a chance that they revert to their stubborn policy and looks like my paranoia is founded after all with the removal of Imolicious and now this. I just hope that all of the developer still managed to sell their game through Steam, although it may be hard though considering that Steam being fickle now and probably will in the future.

Edited by littleshogun

Hopefully so, although for now we wouldn't know for sure about their reasons though.

As for the news, here's belated one in regard of HGB from Nekonyan here.

Moving on, or rather back, let's talk some more about Hello,Goodbye.

We hadn't disclosed that so far, but the reason Hello,Goodbye got delayed is that we've been developing our own engine in Unity, and we have ported Hello,Goodbye to our engine. We're sure you can imagine what the advantages of that are, and also for what purpose you definitely need a different engine for visual novels, but we'll discuss that at a later date. 

Everything is coming along greatly, and we should be ready for a release by the end of the month, but we figured we should take some extra time to make sure everything is 100% working, so the release is going to be the 25th January 2019. We'll also open pre-orders within the next few weeks (this time for sure!). If you want to support us and the developers, this the way that will get the most money directly to us. We'll also make sure to throw in some neat pre-order bonus.

Also, good news for both those who like mosaics and those who can't stand mosaics. As some of you have suggested, we're adding an in-game option that will allow you to toggle mosaics on/off.

As for my comment well let's just hope that my old laptop here can run HGB well, because there's a worry that HGB might not run at low spec laptop from one of the post at their forum. Although if I may say something, perhaps it would be for the best if they can release the demo in the new engine, but I'm sure that they probably think about that as well. As for mosaic, well I'm pretty much neutral about this but good if you want to have no mosaic I guess. For the last word here, I'll look forward to January 25th later.

PS - Since Steam did removed HGB from their store front, perhaps it would be better if I changed the topic title.

Edited by littleshogun

• 3 weeks later...

Quite late to announce this, but as of now we have HGB pre-order store opened here which mean at least the release plan was still on track even with Steam throw some wrench by deleting the store page for it. If you get pre-order right now, you'll get the bonus in form of soundtrack album so if you want that than you can pre-order right now.

Seeing that Nekonyan already introduced the four heroines at their Twitter, I decided to introduce the heroines cast as well along with the VA/seiyuu commentary (A bit special case for HGB).

1. Yukishiro May - She's more or less a very kindhearted person, albeit an airhead one. Not much I can tell for now other than she's not very picky when it came to food so much that there's only two category of food for her (Delicious and edible). Her seiyuu is Ryouka Yuzuki, in which she's been well know for voicing Kiryuuin Satsuki from Kill la Kill, Arcueid from Carnival Phantasm and Melty Blood (Nabatame is still interesting VA for her even though she's voicing Arcueid in 'non-existence' Tsukihime anime), Eruru from Utawarerumono (Her tone should be the closest one to May), Yamanaka Ino from Naruto franchise, Nakuru Akizuki from Cardcaptor Sakura, and Minagi Tohno from AIR.

2. Saotome Suguri - Best friend of May, and at first mistaken Kaito as Suguri's childhood friend before beat him up for clear up the mistake. That said while the first impression of her may be not so good, actually she's kind as well albeit not as much as May. She's also the one who easily embarrassed every time she'd receive a praise, and that she's keep watching her calorie intake very much because even a small change in her scale could attract very different extreme reaction from her. Her seiyuu is Yuuko Gotou, also known as eternal 29 old woman. As for the roles, she voiced Fuyuo Kaede from Shuffle (No idea why the anime writer change her personality, so much that it's very vastly different), Tonya (Her full name is too mouthful) from Ayakashibito, Shikikagura Suzuhiro from Princess Waltz, Asahina Mikuru from Haruhi, Riannon from Tears to Tiara, and Mayuzumi Yukie aka Mayucchi from Majikoi.

3. Rindou Natsume - Her setting is that she's the lieutenant colonel in the military and that she's very capable in physical education. That said to balanced it, she's very easy to embarrass here because basically she's a shy person and that she always depend to Kaito to help her. While at first she didn't have any favorite food, after trying a cake in a cakeshop she became addicted with that and always want more. Her seiyuu is Akiko Yajima in which her roles are Shinosuke Nohara aka Shin-chan form Crayon Shin-chan (We obviously shouldn't expect his tone for Natsume here XD, and Akiko did retire for this role), Mipple from first Pretty Cure (FwPC), Diva from Blood+, and Himekawa Ayumi from Glass Mask 2005 version.

4. Hiiragi Koharu - A kouhai character that like to call Kaito dude Nii-san despite not being his little sister. She's quite knowledgeable in regard of the trivia, although most of the trivia would be underappreciated in real life though. Unlike the other three heroines, she did quite picky with the food in that she didn't want the food with little to none taste and that her favorite food is meat. Koharu's seiyuu is Kadowaki Mai, in which we should knew her as Illyasviel von Einzbern from Fate franchise. Other than Ilya, her roles are Aomi Isara from Koichoco, Mare from Hoshimemo, Reina from Maitetsu, Ayasaki Nanoha from Harenochi, Shikisima Kyou from Irotoridori, Sanya from Strike Witch, and Satomi Hakase from Negima.

I think that's all for the heroines info here (More like seiyuu info though), and what I can say is that I'm looking forward for the release here.

Edited by littleshogun

It would have been nice if they made all-ages version available outside Steam as well (as it looks that Steam isn't willing to un-ban it :(). I really liked how they handled that aspect in Sanoba, and if HGB was done in similar way, then I think I'd prefer such version.

As for now, only adult version is available for preorder at Nekonyan's store.

I'll probably get it either way, but if they already went to trouble of making AA version, might as well publish it too...

Edited by adamstan

4 minutes ago, Freestyle80 said:

Seems like they've given up on Steam? I hope it doesnt hurt their revenue too much

Well, it's more like Valve never gave them any chance to appeal the banning of the game, at least from what I heard about it. Hopefully, the publicity from that whole mess will boost their sales at least a little bit.

18 minutes ago, Freestyle80 said:

Seems like they've given up on Steam? I hope it doesnt hurt their revenue too much

To be fair, it would probably cause more issues to try to get it on Steam at this point. They said that the potential revenue on Steam(Or something to that point) wasn't really important for this release.

If it was me, I'd definitely steer clear of a platform(for a while) that constantly contradicts itself and removes VNs without giving a valid reason. Yeah the exposure is important for the industry to grow but until Steam figures themselves out, it's equally as dangerous for a VN to be there due to the possibility of it being removed randomly, thus negating the point of being on Steam in the first place. 

Edited by Naterocks2000

16 hours ago, Naterocks2000 said:

To be fair, it would probably cause more issues to try to get it on Steam at this point. They said that the potential revenue on Steam(Or something to that point) wasn't really important for this release.

If it was me, I'd definitely steer clear of a platform(for a while) that constantly contradicts itself and removes VNs without giving a valid reason. Yeah the exposure is important for the industry to grow but until Steam figures themselves out, it's equally as dangerous for a VN to be there due to the possibility of it being removed randomly, thus negating the point of being on Steam in the first place. 

I'm not sure I follow your reasoning. I think it's still in localization companies' best interest to at least try to release on Steam. If it gets approved, great - they'll see a little bump in sales. If it gets rejected/banned, I'm pretty sure their submission fee gets refunded. The only thing they have to lose is whatever time they spent on the submission/appeals process.

Steam issue aside, we finally have this release at Australian summer. Here's the tweet from Nekonyan for the proof below.

Go get HGB from either Denpasoft, Mangagamer, JAST store, Nutaku, or Nekonyan's own store. Have fun wiyh HGB if you already buy it, and feel free to discuss this here.

PS - While we have Myth Arc in regard of Kaito, I think it's still worth to make vote in regard of the girls so I'll add the polls later.

6 hours ago, Incynerate said:

I'm not sure I follow your reasoning. I think it's still in localization companies' best interest to at least try to release on Steam. If it gets approved, great - they'll see a little bump in sales. If it gets rejected/banned, I'm pretty sure their submission fee gets refunded. The only thing they have to lose is whatever time they spent on the submission/appeals process.

What I was saying was that after being denied once for no reason and just removed the game loses valuable exposure and creates a loss for the TL'ers. One, because the All-ages version that they worked on and spent money, time, and resources on is not going to be released, unless they release it on their own site. Two, because it adds to the stigma around VNs (look around in threads around reddit and steam and you can see that most people(who don't play VNs) think that VNs are the cancer of Steam[4 chan I'm looking at you too])

Furthermore, I sure as hell wouldn't want to deal with a company removing my products without even giving a reason to do so. Neko themselves said that there shouldn't be much worry on this release about the potential revenue lost from not being on Steam.

About the submission fee, it's supposed to be refunded, but some indie devs had to wait ages for it and some didn't get theirs back at all. (Source: Reddit users who were aforementioned indie devs. Some from an article I read in November) 

It seems interesting, but I am not liking how they took extreme liberties with the translation. They have added words and phrases many times that are not necessary. I know that you can't always do a direct translation, but even I know a little Japanese to tell when something they added or changed was not needed. For instance, when that are taking Natsume out to the shopping district for the first time, May clearly says "Let's go". The translator completely changed it to "We are off to see the wizard." It is extreme liberties like that I am bothered by.

14 minutes ago, Erogamer said:

It seems interesting, but I am not liking how they took extreme liberties with the translation. They have added words and phrases many times that are not necessary. I know that you can't always do a direct translation, but even I know a little Japanese to tell when something they added or changed was not needed. For instance, when that are taking Natsume out to the shopping district for the first time, May clearly says "Let's go". The translator completely changed it to "We are off to see the wizard." It is extreme liberties like that I am bothered by.

You can't criticize localization choices if you don't speak the language.