Hello Good Bye English Release (January 25th)

littleshogun

HGB Poll  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best girl in HGB for you?

• Rindou Natsume
    • Hiiragi Koharu
    • Saotome Suguri
    • Yukishiro May
  2. 2. What's the best route for you in HGB?

• Hiiragi Koharu
    • Saotome Suguri
    • Yukishiro May
    • Rindou Natsume

Hey-ho, captain slowpoke strikes again! I had almost forgotten that I was reading this :notlikemiya:

So, yeah, I have reached Koharu's true-ish ending... And sorry, guys, but I definitely wasn't impressed.

Spoiler

Koharu is fun for random banter but is very lacking as a romantic interest. She would make a great side character so it's a pity she wasn't present at the other routes.

At the same time the "true" route is surprisingly light on core story content. Sure, we got a few infodumping scenes, lackluster revelations about the nature of things and an inexplicably ideal happy ending but the resolution of the main storyline feels like such a short simplistic cop-out. Somehow it was even more anticlimactic than in the romance-oriented Suguri route. Like when Koharu suddenly started her "ohmygosh, nii-san, thanks to your efforts we have reached a brand new ideal future that I couldn't ever predict" speech, I could only answer with "wait, seriously, is that it?" At that point it became fairly obvious that the writers wanted you to stop thinking about the overaching storyline and just go HNNNNG over how cute the ever suffering Koharu is.

I also don't appreciate how they tried to underplay the significance of other heroines and their stories. Boo.

Oh well, at least there was that one good route, I guess.

Waifu Ranking:

Natsume > Suguri > May > Koharu

Route Ranking:

Natsume >> Suguri > Koharu = May

Edited by novurdim

Yeah, i cannot for the life of me understand why they didn't use Natsume as the true heroine. Too many pedo vn's with "true" routes with loli's. Utter shit. Not all tells you it's a true route, but it's obvious with the amount of attention and plot revelations in it and the way it ties stuff together.

This is excellent news! I can read it again on Steam, but maybe when I finish reading more of the vns I'm curently reading. I'm glad it got approved though. I really want to read Aokana and other vn releases by Nekonyan. I wonder if there will be achievements since it already has some you can unlock on the uncensored version. I also want trading cards. 

Edited by yelsha57

56 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

Steam is likely upping its game now when they have competition

I wouldn't call this "upping their game "

The only way they can up their game is by reducing the per sale revenue cut that they take from Publishers..

All VN publishers NekoNyan, SolPress etc only get 70 % of the per sale money and steam takes 30 %

For NekoNyan all the sales that take place on their Own Store are considered Best sales tbh

11 minutes ago, novurdim said:

Yeah, that's why they've banned Rance and a bunch of other random VNs earlier today.

They DID NOT APPROVE them for the store, not banned them after initial acceptance like they did with HGB or Maidens of Michael. And with Rance, I think everyone knew there was a pretty slim chance of it ever being allowed. I mean, it's Rance. It's probably better for everyone if it stays off mainstream distribution platforms.

This case is important because while SonoHana 11 and Rance have stuff in them that could logically warrant not letting them in, HGB didn't. It'd be awesome if Steam set clear guidelines and acted consistently, but it seems they're at least starting to use common sense and if they can keep up with that, VNs will still be in a much better position.

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

15 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

They DID NOT APPROVE them for the store, not banned them after initial acceptance like they did with HGB or Maidens of Michael.

True for Rance, false for others, I dont really see any difference, to be honest, like everything else these always seem random, they probably just somehow don't inspect some games on the upload, it's steam. What's even a reason for NOT APPROVING  Kara no Shoujo 2 and Cartagra a few weeks back? What logically warrants not letting them in with the first game happily selling? Any clear guidelines and consistency would be good but I don't see much reason for optimism, let alone the "steam is upping its game" slogan. HGB's case was one of the most absurd but I still suspect that they have made another slightly different build and somehow bypassed the ban by making another staff member to review it, feels very much like a lucky draw.

The line around the legality of 18+ games will always be blurry so yeah, it'd be nice for at least "all-ages" versions to be able to consistently avoid the ban hammer like before but I'm not ready to take this case as an indication of even that yet.

Late to comment here, and as usual Steam being fickle here. Although at least they have banned Rance in exchange of unbanned this, which make sense seeing that Rance is something that was too hardcore for most of the people out there (Granted the content was mostly not as extreme as euphoria, but still). What I can say is that I guess it's good that Nekonyan can distribute HGB there, and hopefully their next releases could be at Steam without too much fuss like this.