Hello Good Bye English Release (January 25th)

littleshogun

HGB Poll  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best girl in HGB for you?

• Rindou Natsume
    • Hiiragi Koharu
    • Saotome Suguri
    • Yukishiro May
  2. 2. What's the best route for you in HGB?

• Hiiragi Koharu
    • Saotome Suguri
    • Yukishiro May
    • Rindou Natsume

2 hours ago, Stormwolf said:

Its just something truly saddening with nasty looking loliish characters as true heroines. She should have been swapped with natsume. 

I dont like the concept of true heroines, feels like other routes waste of time and have to treat them like "what if?" and of course one cant help but disappointed if not fav girl got that status

2 hours ago, Swim Swim said:

I dont like the concept of true heroines, feels like other routes waste of time and have to treat them like "what if?" and of course one cant help but disappointed if not fav girl got that status

That is true. But if they HAVE to have a true heroine. Dont fucking make it a imouto or onesan type. Onesan is not the worst, but the somewhat arrogance annoys me and imouto types are revolting.

17 hours ago, Stormwolf said:

That is true. But if they HAVE to have a true heroine. Dont fucking make it a imouto or onesan type. Onesan is not the worst, but the somewhat arrogance annoys me and imouto types are revolting.

Personally, once I found the truth out about Koharu her route became bearable and enjoyable (unlike kid loli in Suki Suki[I couldn't even read it]). Yeah it's slightly annoying that they make a young looking character (something most are not fans of) the true heroine but if you look at this way:

Technically, every route was the true route as they all really happened, just in different futures and such. Natsume is still true waifu for me dammit. ( Also, at least Koharu is near the same age as protagonist and not getting her first period after her first H scene *Suki Suki intensifies*.)

Edited by Naterocks2000

6 minutes ago, Naterocks2000 said:

Personally, once I found the truth out about Koharu her route became bearable and enjoyable (unlike kid loli in Suki Suki[I couldn't even read it]). Yeah it's slightly annoying that they make a young looking character (something most are not fans of) the true heroine but if you look at this way:

Hide contents

Technically, every route was the true route as they all really happened, just in different futures and such. Natsume is still true waifu for me dammit. ( Also, at least Koharu is near the same age as protagonist and not getting her first period after her first H scene *Suki Suki intensifies*.)

It's just kind of hard taking other routes seriously when they skip out on everything and suddenly the last deals route with everything the common route presented.

5 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

It's just kind of hard taking other routes seriously when they skip out on everything and suddenly the last deals route with everything the common route presented.

The other routes dealt with fragments of the prologue and common route but I didn't really appreciate the convenient "the others girls aren't your focus, so they're written out somehow". 

Also, that's why I don't usually take a true route as the true route unless it is done as well as Da capo 3's (It even was flawed but made sense in the grand scheme of the series)

Edited by Naterocks2000

8 minutes ago, Naterocks2000 said:

The other routes dealt with fragments of the prologue and common route but I didn't really appreciate the convenient "the others girls aren't your focus, so they're written out somehow". 

Also, that's why I don't usually take a true route as the true route unless it is done as well as Da capo 3's (It even was flawed but made sense in the grand scheme of the series)

Never read Da Capo 3 as the heroines looks just 1 step above loli characters, and i haven't really heard much good about it.

2 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

Never read Da Capo 3 as the heroines looks just 1 step above loli characters, and i haven't really heard much good about it.

It told one of hell of an ending though. Infuriating at some points but enjoyable overall, I have it rated pretty highly in my list along with the others. 

(Heroines really aren't as loli-ish as the pics on VNDB seem[Might be the devs preference but most are flat chested but all act nothing like a loli]{Rikka best girl btw})

Edited by Naterocks2000

2 minutes ago, Naterocks2000 said:

It told one of hell of an ending though. Infuriating at some points but enjoyable overall, I have it rated pretty highly in my list along with the others. 

(Heroines really aren't as loli-ish as the pics on VNDB seem)

Hmm. If it's not a non romantic or parting ending then i might consider it. I'm often wary of true endings. 

Just now, Stormwolf said:

Hmm. If it's not a non romantic or parting ending then i might consider it. I'm often wary of true endings. 

It's technically non romantic as it deals with time and other things (anymore and I'd be spoiling) but if the rest of the series is anything to follow, you'll know what happens later in life for MC(romantically).

11 hours ago, Naterocks2000 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Just finished up Koharu's route. Well, the route itself was good, but Koharu is just... I could do with a different heroine. Voice still bratty many years later and she stills calls him niisan after getting married and having children. I honestly find it super creepy. Otherwise it was a splendid route.

5 hours ago, Stormwolf said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Just finished up Koharu's route. Well, the route itself was good, but Koharu is just... I could do with a different heroine. Voice still bratty many years later and she stills calls him niisan after getting married and having children. I honestly find it super creepy. Otherwise it was a splendid route.

Yeah that "niisan" bit was quite odd years into the future, but putting the Japanese culture of calling others they highly respect and love "nii-san" into play makes a little more sense in this case (still I agree it's pretty creepy). Natsume is still waifu no matter what lol.

Edited by Naterocks2000

6 hours ago, Naterocks2000 said:
  Hide contents

Yeah that "niisan" bit was quite odd years into the future, but putting the Japanese culture of calling others they highly respect and love "nii-san" into play makes a little more sense in this case (still I agree it's pretty creepy). Natsume is still waifu no matter what lol.

Spoiler

Not sure the culture is part of it in this case. Mc was showing his displeasure of being called niisan quite a few times after they became a couple. He wanted her to start using his name so they could feel a bit closer, but she stck with the niisan thing. I think its more a fetish thing tbh. 

19 hours ago, Stormwolf said:

Hide contents

Not sure the culture is part of it in this case. Mc was showing his displeasure of being called niisan quite a few times after they became a couple. He wanted her to start using his name so they could feel a bit closer, but she stck with the niisan thing. I think its more a fetish thing tbh. 

I just saw it as he accepted it. (She seemed stubborn about it anyways)

Though, you're probably right.

Decided to come back to this yesterday and even read Natsume's route. And guess what, it was a much better experience all around.

Spoiler

This route flat out ignores the supernatural element and concentrates more on the military intrigues which largely works in its favour. Thanks to that action isn't soured by cheap drama and random psychic powers, the pacing is better (at least when we get to the main conflict) and surprisingly even romantic scenes feel more humane and touching despite the story itself being a lot less drama-centric. As much as I'd like to get some insight into the MC's situation, his arc appears a bit too nonsensical rn even by HGB's standards. It also helps that other heroines aren't as estranged in this route, May and Kaito seemed almost isolated in May's. Heck, this time even sex scenes fit into the mold better, most of them appearing in a sort of fandisk/epilogue fashion.

It wasn't amazing or anything but with how low my expectations had been by now, I certainly enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Definitely gives me the fuel to finish the novel sometime.

2 minutes ago, novurdim said:

Decided to come back to this yesterday and even read Natsume's route. And guess what, it was a much better experience all around.

Hide contents

This route flat out ignores the supernatural element and concentrates more on the military intrigues which largely works in its favour. Thanks to that action isn't soured by cheap drama and random psychic powers, the pacing is better (at least when we get to the main conflict) and surprisingly even romantic scenes feel more humane and touching despite the story itself being a lot less drama-centric. As much as I'd like to get some insight into the MC's situation, his arc appears a bit too nonsensical rn even by HGB's standards. It also helps that other heroines aren't as estranged in this route, May and Kaito seemed almost isolated in May's. Heck, this time even sex scenes fit into the mold better, most of them appearing in a sort of fandisk/epilogue fashion.

It wasn't amazing or anything but with how low my expectations had been by now, I certainly enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Definitely gives me the fuel to finish the novel sometime.

The supernatural element is meant to confuse the reader until they reach the true route. All explanations happen there. It isn't paced the best in the other routes but the true route makes up for it imo.

Edited by Naterocks2000

14 minutes ago, Naterocks2000 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The supernatural element is meant to confuse the reader until they reach the true route. All explanations happen there. It isn't paced the best in the other routes but the true route makes up for it imo.

Spoiler

Yeah, I guessed as much. I just hope the "smoke & mirrors" parts won't be as painful to read through in Suguri's route, they are certainly more silly and annoying than intriguing so far.

Edited by novurdim

Just now, novurdim said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hide contents

Yeah, I guessed as much. I just hope the "smoke & mirrors" parts won't be as painful to read through in Suguri's route, they are certainly more silly and annoying than intriguing so far.

Yeah, May's and Suguri's routes were let downs(So don't expect too much out of her route lol), Natsume's and Koharu's redeem it in my eyes.

Texas Dice quick-cuts: 3 Problems with Natsume's route

Spoiler

1. The political stuff is needlessly convoluted for such a simple script. You have faction A, faction B and the city being faction C in middle. All that is fine, but then we also have faction A rebels and faction B extremist traitors, both of which doing things the other As, Bs and Cs aren't aware of? Who belongs to whom? Am I playing Modern Warfare 2?

2. Unfired chekhov's guns in the form of the hand sign (which I expected to fire when their phone call got jammed?) and the Major character. 

3. The story had a great and concise ending... At the 80% mark. After which a bunch of stuff happens that could've been cut. Who wrote this, Tarantino? 

No deal-breakers by any means, just three things that are there. 

Edited by TexasDice

1 hour ago, TexasDice said:

Texas Dice quick-cuts: 3 Problems with Natsume's route

Heh, it's funny but after May's route I consider the 3-rd problem a relative positive. I'd much rather have a lengthy epilogue for h-scenes like this than three obligatory fucks in a row during the end of the story that would kill any goddamn flow of the ending. I know you could just skip them but gah, those are irritating still.

Also,

Spoiler

I'm not really digging the first. Yeah, two more sides appear in the second part of the story but their objectives are just as simple and straightforward so we basically have 5 very unsophisticated factions that are still pretty easy to follow. Except maybe Jin's, but we'll get to that later, I guess.

Edited by novurdim

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, right, I did finish Suguri's route. Short, sweet and simple romance, not much to say about it, to be honest. Low-stakes, low-tension, basically about a single predictable and rather silly minor twist (hence overaching storyline is almost non-existent), plenty of the overused cliches that mostly detract from the romantic part. If Suguri wasn't such a cute heroine, this could have turned into a real bore. But thanks to her the route in its simplicity ended up somewhat better than May's trainwreck. Though I am glad that I've read Natsume's route before it, I can easily imagine people dropping HGB if they read May and Suguri first. :makina:

Hopefully I'll have another urge to read a VN sometime next week and overcome the true route. I do wonder how they intend to clean up such a messy plot.

42 minutes ago, novurdim said:

Ah, right, I did finish Suguri's route. Short, sweet and simple romance, not much to say about it, to be honest. Low-stakes, low-tension, basically about a single predictable and rather silly minor twist (hence overaching storyline is almost non-existent), plenty of the overused cliches that mostly detract from the romantic part. If Suguri wasn't such a cute heroine, this could have turned into a real bore. But thanks to her the route in its simplicity ended up somewhat better than May's trainwreck. Though I am glad that I've read Natsume's route before it, I can easily imagine people dropping HGB if they read May and Suguri first. :makina:

Hopefully I'll have another urge to read a VN sometime next week and overcome the true route. I do wonder how they intend to clean up such a messy plot.

I read them first as I saved the best for last :maple: