Date a Live Rio Reincarnation is getting an english release

bakauchuujin

Compile heart is going to release Date a Live Rio Reincarnation in english summer 2019. This is a Date a Live spin off VN that actually is a collection of two VNs Date a Live Rinne Utopia and Date a Live Arusu Install as well as a fandisc called Date a Live Rio Reincarnation. Since it is Compile Heart they plan on releasing it on PS4 and Steam and based on the article about it on animenewsnetwork the PS4 edition will have two scenes changed (censored), we all know how bad Sony has been regarding censorship recently, while the Steam version shouldn't have that problem.

I think this is an interesting announcment since it is quite rare that a VN based on something that had an anime before the VN very rarely gets an english translation. As for whether I will pick it up or not I would say maybe I will buy it when it is cheap on steam as I already have the japanese limited edition for PS4. As for the VN itself I quite enjoyed reading it in japanese and I do think it does a good job at both giving lots of moments with each spirit as they all have a route each as well as have an actual story with each of the VNs that I felt worked quite well and was rather emotional. I wonder what other people think, do you care about this or do you not care about Date a Live or in general VNs that are spin offs of established titles?

Edited by bakauchuujin

I guess it's good that we manage to got licensed VNs from the anime released, although it's not like I'm interested with this anyway seeing that I'm already occupied with several other titles out there. Also my laptop probably couldn't handle this, considering that this is PS4 VN ported to PC and there's a lot of similar premises VNs with lighter requirement (Granted other VNs didn't have the MC need to have the girl fall in love with him in order to maintain the peace, but still). 

3 hours ago, sarkasmus said:

Is it sure the steam version won't be censored or just an educated guess?

I don't like steam but it'd be better than the new-Sony-version.

Two CG scenes were modified for the PS4 release, while the Steam version will remain unedited. Please note that the gameplay for both games has not changed from the Japanese version.

Found at http://ideafintl.com/updates/2018/11/08/6425.html

21 minutes ago, bakauchuujin said:

Two CG scenes were modified for the PS4 release, while the Steam version will remain unedited. Please note that the gameplay for both games has not changed from the Japanese version.

Found at http://ideafintl.com/updates/2018/11/08/6425.html

Thanks, just wanted to be sure since censoring no matter how little beyond what laws and rating boards require means a sure No-buy from me.

34 minutes ago, bakauchuujin said:

Something I want to mention is that Tsunako, the artist for this VN as well as other games from Compile Heart (Neptunia series and Fairy Fencer F) is also the original illustator for the Date a Live light novels. So it has art from the original artist.

I knew that already.  Tsunako is probably one of the more well-known artists within the industry who's style is so distinct, it's become easily recognizable.  I've been a long time Neptunia fan so I felt right at home when I watched Date A Live.

I'll probably pick up the VNs when I have the time (on PC that is).

Edited by Clockwork Loli

Something I find interesting is that I think Date a Live Rio Reincarnation might be able to have a large reach. Compile Heart and Tsunako is quite popular mainly due to the Neptunia series and there is also the popularity that DAL has due to the anime and LN. As such I would imagine that many people that aren't typically into VNs will end up reading it. Hopefully it ends up getting more people into VNs in the english market as well as show japanese companies that VNs based on an established series can do well in the west.

Edited by bakauchuujin