If you have a reddit account, I'm running a Best Girl in Visual Novels contest. Should be lasting about a month and I'll update this topic.

NowItsAngeTime

Right now we're in the nomination phase, so if there's anyone in the current nomination bracket you don't see, feel free to nominate as many as you want.

There is a separate bracket for characters that are only in untranslated visual novels. Nominations will last about 3-5 days. Rest of the rules are in the reddit topic.

Pretty easy decisions, since I just pick whomever I know of. Unsurprising that the ones I didn't pick are either from untranslated VNs or non-mainstream VNs.

Anyway, there's one particular pairing that stood out to me: Nemu Manaka vs. Mio Nishizono. :wahaha: Those two couldn't be more different. In fact, they're practically total opposites, Nemu's like a seductive devil bordering on yandere, while Mio's a kuudere. Man, can't wait to see what the results will be but, I'm quite sure Mio will take the win, with her Little Busters fame over some obscure hentai.

Some of these girls, I've got a feeling they're sure-wins, like Rin Tohsaka and Ciel. They always win moe contests more often than not. Then there's the Umineko crowd like Berny and Beautrice, both of whom are hard-contenders. Kurisu Makise stands a strong chance as well, since she's Steins;Gate mascot. 

16 minutes ago, LemiusK said:

Anyway, there's one particular pairing that stood out to me: Nemu Manaka vs. Mio Nishizono. :wahaha: Those two couldn't be more different. In fact, they're practically total opposites, Nemu's like a seductive devil bordering on yandere, while Mio's a kuudere. Man, can't wait to see what the results will be but, I'm quite sure Mio will take the win, with her Little Busters fame over some obscure hentai.

B-but (euphoria spoilers)

Spoiler

Nemu turned out to be all dere and good-hearted, and Mio's actually a lot more cunning than she looks :illya: So maybe they are not too far apart after all?

Also pretty easy picks for me. The couples that I knew both characters were almost always very one sided, and the ones from which I only know one member... well, I'll have to go for the one I know and love :mare:

HZmyPeh.png

Wait, how is this possible? Am I seriously the first person out of 257 to vote for Rin?

Granted, I have no way of knowing how good her opposition is since I haven't read Eden* yet, but I'm finding it hard to understand how Rin is losing so badly.

Edit: Wanko and Beatrice are losing too. I'm beginning to suspect the results are bugged. Or maybe I'm just not reading it correctly.

Edited by Kenshin_sama

1 hour ago, Kenshin_sama said:

HZmyPeh.png

Wait, how is this possible? Am I seriously the first person out of 257 to vote for Rin?

Granted, I have no way of knowing how good her opposition is since I haven't read Eden* yet, but I'm finding it hard to understand how Rin is losing so badly.

Edit: Wanko and Beatrice are losing too. I'm beginning to suspect the results are bugged. Or maybe I'm just not reading it correctly.

LOL That's what I initially thought too. And even Saber was losing like hell. I know a lot of people prefer Rin over Saber, but c'mon, it's SABER.

...and that's when I realized, those are most probably not the number of votes. Those are probably their entry number or something. LMAO In fact, you posting the same result I saw yesterday proves it.

Edited by LemiusK

10 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

You definitely aren't. :wahaha: At least, I voted for her before you.

I believe, this is the ranking of the characters in the elimination phase. Which means that Rin was the most popular character there. So, yeah, you are not alone. :illya:

... Ooooooooooooh. Okay, that makes sense.

I thought it was the number of votes because of how the numbers added up to be equal to 257 across the board (which is actually kinda small, now that I think about it). But if it's going by rank, then I suppose that just means the characters are being put against each other from one end of the popularity poll to the other. I probably could've put two and two together when I saw Mia Fey one point ahead of Kagari (which I initially dismissed as coincidence).

>That comfort when Saber makes it through. *fist pumps*

Yeah, I know Saber's popular enough to make it through, but like I said, Rin's a lot more popular, so I kinda have a complex where Saber is concerned. She'll probably be beaten down the line though by some other VN character. Hopefully, that's the case, because I'd REALLY rather not it come down to Rin vs. Saber... again. Sigh.

Edit: Oh no... poor Ayu-Ayu. I'm gonna miss your cute-but-annoying-to-everyone-else Uguuuuuuuu noises.

Dlanor loses by 7 votes! Death death death death death death death death death. Die the death! Sentence to death! Great equalizer is the death!

Coco from Ever17 loses. Funny enough, I was the one who nominated her... Heh. Oh well, 55 votes is better than nothing. And it's Hanako from Katawa Shoujo she lost against, so it was a tough competition.

Michiru wins! With 223 votes! Daaaaamn, girl. Nice going.

I know Chriiiiistina-tina-tina would have won, but 236 votes is insane...

Oh noes, Komari bites the dust. Why is it the two girls I nominated didn't get the win? And they're both cuties too, albeit a tad underaged (or underaged-looking?)... Appreciate the loli!

Alright, going to vote now. Will probably stop voting Rin from now on. She doesn't need any more help from me...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit 2: Kotomi vs. Ryou! Well, it could have been worse. Could have been sister vs. sister. Definitely have to go with Kotomi though, since Ryou's plain whitebread boring...

Oh no, Michiru is up against Kanon Azai. This is going to be tough for the pseudo-tsundere...

Miyako Shiina vs Rin Tezuka? Are you serious? Tezuka was like my favorite gal in Katawa Shoujo because of her stoicism. Miyako, on the other hand, is just the right amount of eccentricity that she kept me laughing... Ah, tough decision... Gotta give props to the armless painter though, and Miyako is a little too possessive for my taste (bordering on yandere). Rin it is.

And it's yet another battle of the Keys! Tomoyo Sakagami vs. Mio Nishizono. But this one's easier for me, because tomboys > kuudere.

Spoiler

(and Mio's split personality weirds me out)

lol Yuiko Kurugaya vs. Momoyo Kawakami is such an ideal match, considering they're both "big sister" characters... I'm definitely more warmed up to Momoyo though, since I like my women tough. Sorry, Buster.

Feyris-nyan vs. Shannon. Almost no contest. Feyris is cute af. Shannon is kind but kinda blend.

Saber is against Yuuko this time. I wonder if it's luck...? Because Yuuko just barely won the last time. Hm... Gotta keep my guard up though, as Yuuko has her own appeals.

And I have a feeling Kudo-dog Noumi is going to lose this time, when her competition's from that Tsukihime VN...

Edited by LemiusK

I'm a bit disappointed to see Yume drop out so early. But since she lost to Marimo, I don't mind it too too much.

I'm not sure if I should be worried about Kosame vs. Lucia at all since Lucia has such a powerful tsundere appeal, but hopefully she comes out on top.
That being said, Kosame does stand out among the more bland cast of characters in Hoshimemo, and I know Lucia's tsun was very off-putting to a lot of people, so I might have reason to suspect her losing. But even if she does win here, it might be a stretch for her to make it past round 4 (I'm anticipating Sachi for this round).

Still rooting for Wanko! :D

I'm sad Setsumi lost to Shizune, and also surprised, as I thought Shizune was the least favorite KS girl. Oh well. 

Sion won 104 vs 96. Phew that was close. Haven't read Konozora, so I don't know how good a rival the Kanako girl was, but damn.

Natsumi lost to Mion huh... it was to be expected, though it was just bad luck to be paired with a beast like Mion :makina: Sachi and Touka also lost, essentially wiping out all Sharin no Kuni girls. Ririko was paired against Kurisu, one of the strongest candidates ever, so yeah, that wasn't even a fight.

Mio got on top of Nemu in the end. Interesting. I thought Mio wasn't particularly liked among LB fans.

Chronos lost to some Fate girl that I don't even know. Sad times for the cute time goddess :kosame:

Finally, Sanae vs Misuzu. Yeah of course Sanae would win, like Misuzu ever stood a chance against her. It's painful nonetheless, because Misuzu is a sweetheart.

Now I regret not having submitted some candidates when I had the chance. Meh, they would've lost during this first or the second round anyway :amane: We all know who is going to win, don't we? 

33 minutes ago, Rain Spectre said:

Is there a reason why FSN hasn't gotten an official localization? Age, maybe? 

It would definitely sell despite its age. I'd say, even Tsukihime would probably sell well enough. On the other hand, it seems to be the policy of Type Moon that they avoid translating their non-gameplay titles. Well, most most companies only translate their titles because it brings them a quick buck, and Type Moon are probably rolling in money due to FGO and all the anime adaptations.