Exactly one year ago, a New Era has begun...

Plk_Lesiak

...the Era of Obnoxious Shilling for EVNs! :mare:

It's been exactly a year since I wrote my first post around here and God damn it, it's hard to believe it has only been that long. This site seriously rearranged the way I'm spending my free time and provided me with tons of fun and a satisfying outlet to channel my questionable writing. I won't be doing shoutouts this time, because there are just too many people to list and I would most likely miss someone that deserves being mentioned, so I just want to thank all of you for putting up with me, and simply being awesome in this awesome little community. :3

My only regret is that in all this time I didn't find a way to contribute to the main site and help with the permanent crisis there... But, hell, I'm not going anywhere, so there's a good chance opportunities will still show themselves eventually. One can dream, at least... :amane:

And, however things go, I hope I'll be able to do a few more of these Fuwanniversaries in the future. :)

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

Happy fuwanniversary mate! May have I started a trend with this? :wafuu:

We are both from nearly the same period but look at you, you've been twice as active! 

Even though I'm not a frequent EVN reader (fortuitously, as I have no prejudices concerning origin nor genre) I do read your posts and have some recommendations of yours in my wishlist :sachi: So yeah, you've definitely been a very helpful user and one of the most recognizable public fronts of this year. 

I look forward to keep reading your posts next year. 

5 hours ago, Mr Poltroon said:

The grammar in the title infuriates me.

That aside, it is great you joined Fuwanovel. I love reading your blogposts, and even just posts in general. More readers that tackle EVNs and don't just read 18+ VNs are always a welcome sight for me.

Well, it wouldn't be truly me without some properly terrible or confusing grammar, would it? Sadly, this was meant to be a short post, so it would've been hard to fit some absurdly long sentences with multiple hyphens. :chaika: And thank you, I'm also pretty happy with this little niche I carved for myself - hopefully I did at least a little bit to make people more interested in this side of VNs. :3

1 hour ago, Thyndd said:

Happy fuwanniversary mate! May have I started a trend with this? :wafuu:

We are both from nearly the same period but look at you, you've been twice as active! 

Even though I'm not a frequent EVN reader (fortuitously, as I have no prejudices concerning origin nor genre) I do read your posts and have some recommendations of yours in my wishlist :sachi: So yeah, you've definitely been a very helpful user and one of the most recognizable public fronts of this year. 

I look forward to keep reading your posts next year. 

I was planning to write this post for some time already, but would most likely miss the actual date if your thread didn't remind me about it, so I owe you some thanks anyways. :D

My activity was pretty crazy in the first few months, I'm not even sure how I've managed it TBH. :P At least I'm still very much enjoying myself here, so the stream should never dry up completely - hopefully I still have a few decent recommendations to make and some potentially sensible things to say. ;)

Looking forward to your posts too! :)

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

17 minutes ago, MirāNoHebi said:

Keep on going with those EVN posts, I like them. I actually found a few new ones to read while looking at your blogspot, but for one(AIRIS) the download is removed sadly. 

Aye, it's a bit of a sad story with that one. But you actually reminded me to check a few things: try if the Steam version of the game actually has any DRM on it and if it does, ask on Lemmasoft whether anyone has an Itch.io copy to share. I'm not really huge on respecting the studio's founder desition to delete all their work, so I'd happily put it on a cloud somewhere... Anyways, glad you enjoy my posts. ^^

15 minutes ago, MaggieROBOT said:

And damn, how can you even manage to keep your posts going even if you're busy??? I salute you, my man.

That's what you call having really messed-up life priorities true dedication. :nico:

3 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Aye, it's a bit of a sad story with that one. But you actually reminded me to check a few things: try if the Steam version of the game actually has any DRM

Well seeing as I haven't installed it before on Steam, I can't find it. People who had it before removal will be able to access the game, but those of us who didn't can't. The install link trickery won't work.

8 minutes ago, MirāNoHebi said:

Well seeing as I haven't installed it before on Steam, I can't find it. People who had it before removal will be able to access the game, but those of us who didn't can't. The install link trickery won't work.

Yeah, thankfully I had it on Steam before its removal. Sometimes Steam copies of older or technically simple games don't actually need the app to run, I will check that out when I get home today. :] 

36 minutes ago, Emi said:

hopefully it wont remain the way it is for forever but. things is slow

Yeah, hopefully, although I think I'm mostly in the mode of silent resignation by this point, not expecting anything. ;p

---

BTW, I wanted to use this opportunity to express my appreciation for your seemingly infinite collection of extremely cute avatars. They always leave me impressed. 

:thumbsup:

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

Happy belated 1st anniversary to your account there, and hopefully you'll be able to participate more in this community. As for Fuwanovel, well at least there's still forum in which it's more flexible compared to the main site in regard of posting (Or to be exact I don't know of how to posting in the main site lol), and I'd been used to post at the forum anyway. Anyway, while I didn't read much OELVNs much in the first place I knew there's some good OELVNs title out there, and from what I see I think you did a good job to review the OELVNs there so keep it up.

PS - Now that there's two anniversary thread, perhaps I should write one for my blog later although then again I may forget about it later.

• 3 weeks later...

Bro, you’re like one of the wisest people on this site. I remember reading one of your posts when I was the new kid around the block. 

One things you said to me was that you liked my name because I was inspired by Hate+

You’re like a walking enclyopedia for the visual novel medium, well other than @Clephas 

I greatly appreciated your wisdom. Keep those EVN blog posts coming. We are on the cusp of a EVN renaissance!

3 hours ago, Stormwolf said:

Its just a shame the forum feels so dead compared to a few years ago.

Sadly, it cannot stay unaffected by the death of the main site. As the stats shown by Kaguya some time ago suggest, we're on the slow, steady road to the death of the Forums, which is pretty unfortunate considering how few VN-oriented communities there are, but predictable when the parent site literally produces no content and gives people no reason to visit (even VNTS stopped happening and Tay say it produced a lot of traffic).

Still, revitalizing the main site is pretty much outside of anyone's influence by this point and it's hard to say whether it will ever happen, so I try to not think about it much and just enjoy things here while they last. It's a waste of energy to complain about things outside of our control and the last few weeks around here were actually pretty interesting. :)

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

11 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Sadly, it cannot stay unaffected by the death of the main site. As the stats shown by Kaguya some time ago suggest, we're on the slow, steady road to the death of the Forums, which is pretty unfortunate considering how few VN-oriented communities there are, but predictable when the parent site literally produces no content and gives people no reason to visit (even VNTS stopped happening and Tay say it produced a lot of traffic).

Still, revitalizing the main site is pretty much outside of anyone's influence by this point and it's hard to say whether it will ever happen, so I try to not think about it much and just enjoy things here while they last. It's a waste of energy to complain about things outside of our control and the last few weeks around here were actually pretty interesting. :)

Man, it truly is a shame, but unfortunately it seems to be the truth. While there's usually a decent amount of users online It's only a handful of them who regularly post and sustain the little activity the forums has. On the other hand, and trying to look at the bright side, at this point we've become so acquainted with each other that almost feels like a little family :sachi:

I sure hope that even if the main site is dead some new people will come along as other leave so that the little activity the forums has at least stays constant.

Edited by Thyndd

• 2 weeks later...