What is your favorite Season in VNs?

Clephas

Which is your favorite season in VNs?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite season in VNs?

• Summer
    • Fall
    • Winter
    • Spring

Most charage/moege and plotge that don't have a strong action element have a seasonal theme.  This isn't true for all of them, but it is true for enough of them to be significant.  What is your favorite?  I'll say right out that Fall is my favorite, because I like the cool air on my skin, and the season is perfectly for gentle but emotional stories that strike straight for the heart and great tragedies that break it. 

Living in country where its summer all year round and I need to travel a couple thousand miles to see snow, or autumn leaves... I don't know if I'm qualified to answer this question, but...

Spring: For light-hearted chara-ge and moe-ge like Princess Evangile or Majikoi

Fall: For crazy heart-pumping chunni-ge like Dies irae or Fate/Stay Night. I guess some nakige works too.

Winter: For melancholic and despairing naki-ge, maybe Narcissu?

Edited by LAsuka

Autumn or winter.

Spring/summer stories are all too often very bubbly and cheerful and shallow.

I don't give a shit about moege and charage.

I'd say I prefer fall on the outset but there have been more VNs that nail a winter theme.... Remember11 and Kara no Shojo (and Cartagra, to a lesser extent) come to mind.

For Fall, nothing really trumps Umineko. It conveys the demure melancholy of autumn very well...

3 hours ago, Thyndd said:

Hmm tough choice, every season has its own appeal. I'll go and say winter... the colder the weather, the more it contrasts with some nice heartwarming moments, and the better they feel. Then again, the same could be said for the other two seasons. Yes, you heard me right. Fuck summer, it's disgusting.

Summer always seems so great in VNs and anime, but then I actually go outside and the heat just makes me miserable.

They all each have their own charms and I find it very difficult to pick one. The freshness and delicate feeling Spring can bring, the carefree heat of Summer, the slight melancholy and colours of Autumn and the chilly soft snows of Winter.

I've seen different seasons portrayed very nicely in VNs: Flowers -Le Volume sur Printemps- for Spring (if only all four volumes were translated given that each volume corresponds to a season!), AIR for Summer and Cartagra for Winter. Oddly enough, I have most trouble thinking of a VN I associate with Autumn. I wonder if Autumn is portrayed more subtly? It's easy to spot Winter for snow, Summer for heat/holidays/crickets and Spring for... sakura?

I might have to add to the Summer hate slightly, it's my irl least favourite season and I reckon it's the least interesting thematically. Excluding AIR!

I'll pick Winter, mainly because it's really lovely to see the effect of snow falling in a VN.

Can't choose - I read great VN for every season I think ;) For winter there was Kanon and Yukizakura, for summer - AIR and Konosora, for spring there are countless, probably because sakura combined with new school year make great setting for moeges ;) Indeed I have hard time to pick a VN with autumn theme. Hatsukoi 1/1 spans different seasons (depicted by changing cursor), and there is autumn too... hmm...

I pick winter since I like cool to cold temperatures IRL, the concept of romantic pairs warming each other up inside in more ways than one appeals to me both in the romantic and H sense and...call me childish but I'm a sucker for a good Christmas/Winter-holiday story.

Summer I actually like as a season for horror stories since the heat and seasonal lazy atmosphere make for such a good time for some unexpected evil to strike.

Winter, nothing like a little melodrama through the season which feels usually more emotionally charged, as compared to the summer where it's all about the swimsuits and fireworks.

Edit: I hate winter IRL because I live in New England, and Summer is too hot. Spring or Fall plz.

Edited by EntireInternet
Adding to comment