Dergonu

Games:   

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which "kamige" should I pick?

• Muv Luv Alternative
    • Dies Irae
    • Subahibi

This poll is closed to new votes

Alright, so there's a few VNs that have stayed on my backlog for ages that people claim are "kamiges." I have just never gotten around to reading these, so I guess it's time to find out what the hype is about. Question is, which one should I start with?

The games in question are:

Muv Luv Alternative, (well, all of the games, but from what I gather Alternative is the one that's actually good.)

Dies Irae

Subahibi

Sadly of those three I've only read MLA, but I don't even think I need to read the other two in order to wholeheartedly recommend Muv Luv. It's just that good, you can't go wrong :sachi:

Of course other people will say the same about the other ones, but with titles considered "kamiges" that's to be expected! 

Subahibi, because it got yuri, disturbing contents (Different from guro though), and most importantly the shortest out of all three, and to elaborate MLA supposedly need to go through two long VNs to appriciate it, while the prose for Dies Irae is pretty longwinded and the best version was ironically all age one (It full of crazy battle by the way). I hope that the mod here will have fun with whichever 'kamige' that will be chose later.

Just now, Zander said:

I have no love for any of these titles, but I have voted for Dies Irae to equalise the results and make your decision more difficult nonetheless. 8)

Monster!

2 hours ago, VirginSmasher said:

Subahibi, but in Japanese.

Will be reading the translation. Mosiacs can suck it!

25 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

I voted for MLA since it's my favorite of these three VNs (though I'm still at the common route in Dies Irae), but, honestly, all of these are great VNs. So you could as well choose randomly. :makina:

On second thought, maybe I should write a bit more about what I think about each of these VNs.

MLA: it takes way to long for it to get good, but when it gets good, it gets GOOD. Honestly, the most emotional VNs I've ever read, and none others come even close. And it also has a pretty decent sci-fi setting and story.

Dies Irae: it's way too early for me to give a final opinion about it, but there are two things I really like so far. First of all, the quality of writing seems to be pretty good. Secondly, I can't express it very well with words, but the darker fantasy setting of the game just gives a feeling of high estetic satisfaction. The story itself doesn't feel that good so far, but it probably gets better after a while.

Subahibi: basically, a pretty messed up story with a lot of weird sex scenes, lots of references to basically everything, starting with Kant and ending with Lucky Star, but overall it somehow works, and works really well.

PS. Sorry for the double post.