Sol Press announced Irotoridori no Sekai and lots of other titles

bakauchuujin

36 minutes ago, iamnoob said:

From what I understand, arn't the 2nd and 3rd going to be kickstarter goals and not 100% going to be translated?

Am I mistaken?

isn´t it basically the same? like ks-goal or not, if the base game were to fail sales-wise there wouldn´t be any continuation either, probably, eg. mg´s habit of only doing fandiscs depending on sales. 

Edited by SaintOfVoid

On the topic of Kickstarters, consider this:  Sol Press had to Kickstart their first two games to get their company off the ground.  And at the time of the Sakura Sakura Kickstarter especially, they didn't really have a lot to show but big talk about future plans.  They couldn't actually announce anything because those deals hadn't been done yet.

Imagine if the Sakura Sakura KS had failed.  Their whole company likely would have failed with it.  None of these eight announcements would have ever happened.

Edited by Nandemonai

Let's just be glad that the KS was successful, albeit a barely one. That said, the future road for them would be hard though because they need to deal with 8 announcements, and yet so far they only managed to have one successful release. As for Irotoridori, if we remember back when Sekai did the KS for Hoshimemo they added EH as the additional goal or something like that, so it might be possible that Sol Press will work on the FDs as well. Personally I'd fine though with the main VN only, but if the FDs is important as well hopefully Sol Press will also take care of those as well (I'll just think that it's like Grisaia anyway that FDs is important to the story but not quite necessary).

By the way they already released the roundup for their announcements at their blog, so you can view their blogpost here. As for my comment, once again my interest is going with Irotoridori following with Mirai Radio and Nukitashi. While for the rest more or less I'm didn't pay attention much with varying degree so yeah they can take their time to refine the translation for however long they were. By the way, I just realized that Shitsuaru did have BDSM scenes so at least it's good if you like that kind of sex scenes lol.

3 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Let's just be glad that the KS was successful, albeit a barely one. That said, the future road for them would be hard though because they need to deal with 8 announcements, and yet so far they only managed to have one successful release.

Sol Press has released four things. Get your facts straight before you predict doom and gloom. From everything I can see, things are going fine there, and they've learned a lot from the various slowdowns and setbacks (not the least of which was the months-long Steam adult content meltdown which hit basically everybody in the industry).

Perhaps I should rephrase my word into 'and yet so far they only managed to have one successful full VN release', and the released VN in question is Newton VN. As for both LN and Daresora, the former didn't really need a lot of complicated work like coding and stuff while the latter script was not long unlike those 8 announcements, so like I say the future road for them would be hard. But then again, people could improved though so if you think that Sol Press was already prepared to work on those 8 full VNs announcements, then so be it. And by prepared I mean that I hope they already prepared for a lot of engine work for those 8 full VNs, especially Irotoridori in which it did have some coding that force the player to use Japanese locale and date format to run it properly.

For the last word here, while I did say that Sol Press will have a hard future road, I'm still looking forward to their work here (Especially Irotoridori) so good luck to them.

Edited by littleshogun

• 4 years later...

Bumping the thread because I'm bored, and more importantly it's because there's a lot of change ever since 2018, especially with now three out of the eight announcements here are taken over by another companies. For more detail, Mirai Radio was released by Nekonyan, Irotoridori was announced by Nekonyan and currently waiting the HD assets from the developer, and just today Shiravune announced they'll release Nukitashi in this year. Also while I did mention that Sol Press would have hard time to work on eight VNs announcements, I should give them a point for be able to released three of their announcements (Kimiyume, Onikiss, and Hitotsuba), although too bad that turned out they have far more problem besides engine work so much that they can't operate anymore. Oh well.

PS - Now that I see JAST, Nekonyan, and Shiravune can rescue four of Sol Press former title, hopefully those three companies (Or perhaps other companies like Mangagamer or even Sekai) can rescue more title such as Witch's Garden or HHG.

Edited by littleshogun