Sol Press announced Irotoridori no Sekai and lots of other titles

bakauchuujin

2 hours ago, novurdim said:

Oh, hey, I'm pretty interested in, like, half of the announcements, good job Sol, didn't expect it from them. It's especially nice to see new companies like Sol and NekoNyan now, when the original holy trio's projects aren't... as exciting as before because of various reasons.

Though I do wonder if Decay as an editor can handle something like Nukitashi, did someone read his Sanoba Witch? Should we be worried?

Sanoba Witch was good both decay and chuee did a great job i can vouch for them

42 minutes ago, snowbell55 said:

Sorry for the stupid question, but what's an ojousama VN? 

VNs with a focus on ojousama characters. That is, rich ladies. Princess Evangile and Noble Works are translated examples right now.
Ojousama characters outside of games strictly focused on them usually have drills for hair and can often be found with an accompanying laugh: 'Ohohohohoho!'. These are more 'himedere', characters who expect to be treated like princesses.

3 hours ago, bakauchuujin said:

Pretty sure they mentioned that they have 5 programmers working for them.

they better pay them godlike for keeing ´em, can´t have enough of those, especially since solpress gonna anounce more titles in a week or two. anyhow been a really long time i´ve seen 4chan that happy, eg. moe is justice!

Edited by SaintOfVoid

Just now, SaintOfVoid said:

they better pay them godlike for keeing ´em, can´t have enough of those, especially since solpress gonna anounce more titles in a week or two. anyhow been a really long time i´ve seen /vn/ that happy, eg. moe is justice!

Wait, Sol has more titles they're announcing? You sure you're not thinking of NekoNyan? I believe they have some coming up.

yep xev himself told us so. should expect them getting announced in the no so distant future (a week or bit more, probably), also there´s still steiners real project, not the sudden LN-placeholder one, which got delayed by the jp side. btw there´s at least decent progress being made coming to all of their new projects, so none is sitting at 0%

Edited by SaintOfVoid

3 minutes ago, SaintOfVoid said:

yep xev himself told us so. should expect them getting announced in the no so distant future (a week or bit more, probably), also there´s still steiners real project, not the sudden LN-placeholder one, which got delayed by the jp side.

When did he say so? It's really surprising to me that they'd have more to announce than maybe a couple of projects whose deal wasn't closed on time for this presentation.

16 minutes ago, Mr Poltroon said:

When did he say so? It's really surprising to me that they'd have more to announce than maybe a couple of projects whose deal wasn't closed on time for this presentation.

multiple times (somewhere in here or the next one http://boards.4chan.org/vg/thread/232493845#p232493845). also oniikiss getting its fd as well in case of main game selling at least decent, which i´m having no doubt about. totally unhateable unless ur born an asexual creep

Edited by SaintOfVoid

35 minutes ago, SaintOfVoid said:

multiple times (somewhere in here or the next one http://boards.4chan.org/vg/thread/232493845#p232493845). also oniikiss getting its fd as well in case of main game selling at least decent, which i´m having no doubt about. totally unhateable unless ur born an asexual creep

Let me recover from this announcement before you guys start requesting more. I'll announce some more of our big titles next week (or maybe a few weeks from now) probably.

Wow, you're right. Everybody back onboard the hype train~

4 hours ago, SaintOfVoid said:

they better pay them godlike for keeing ´em, can´t have enough of those, especially since solpress gonna anounce more titles in a week or two. anyhow been a really long time i´ve seen 4chan that happy, eg. moe is justice!

https://vndb.org/v16489

I believe this is one of em

Edited by Wildbreed

4 hours ago, Mr Poltroon said:

you dont follow 4chan? its like a no restriction message board... Irru also just posted an announcement now

Spoiler

PEyycYV.jpg

1 hour ago, Incynerate said:

So I don't think Sol mentioned anything about DareSora? It sounds like it didn't sell well, so I wouldn't be too surprised if that fell by the wayside.

I don't think they canceled it. Unless it flopped in Japan too, it's probably gonna get fully translated and released in the West as well. However...

I can't say it's looking too promising. This is why episodic releases are bad. Who's at fault if, say, the original dev doesn't finish the series? You're left with an episodic unfinished mess. Just look at Supipara to see why this model sucks so much.

9 hours ago, Mr Poltroon said:

VNs with a focus on ojousama characters. That is, rich ladies. Princess Evangile and Noble Works are translated examples right now.
Ojousama characters outside of games strictly focused on them usually have drills for hair and can often be found with an accompanying laugh: 'Ohohohohoho!'. These are more 'himedere', characters who expect to be treated like princesses.

Thanks! Much appreciated!

Bah - now that's a new type of VN I need to try and find and read more of - I LOVE the "ohohoho" laugh and tbh the setting of both PE and NW was one I enjoyed. To follow on from this, would Sasasegawa Sasami count as a himedere or is she instead an ojousama? Where's the boundary between the two?

46 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

I don't think they canceled it. Unless it flopped in Japan too, it's probably gonna get fully translated and released in the West as well. However...

I can't say it's looking too promising. This is why episodic releases are bad. Who's at fault if, say, the original dev doesn't finish the series? You're left with an episodic unfinished mess. Just look at Supipara to see why this model sucks so much.

Also the angel beats vn series

10 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

People need to be more hyped up about Nukitashi in here, seriously. I flipped my shit when they told me about the announcement.

Also, I hope all my fellow degenerates are looking forward to Onii-Kiss. I'm editing it.

i am hyped dude.. its one of the Popular ones in JP right now.. so i am hyped.. i believe i said this on twitter too...

also about Onikiss... why do you think we dished out all those memes...:leecher:  I mean kissing sisters is a thing right Especially if  its a VN where all your choices are where should you kiss your sister and which sister should you kiss :meguface:

Edited by Wildbreed

To elaborate a bit, other than both of Evangile and Noble Works we also gonna have Hello Lady as another example of ojou sama VNs, although in Hello Lady case it also have some combat though. In any case, those two ojousama VNs were surely overshadowed by Irotoridori to me here, and even without Irotoridori the interesting thing that those two VNs have were only the casts in which those two did have experienced seiyuu (ie both of Evangile and Noble Works is more interesting).

As far as announcement concerned, my interest here is obviously goes to Irotoridori along with both of Mirai Radio and Nukitashi, while for the rest I think I'm not quite interested for now. Good to see though that we finally have Himawari no Kioku was being localized seeing that there's already talk about localization of it from back at 2016, although to be blunt I'm not quie interested with this though.

Edited by littleshogun

22 minutes ago, iamnoob said:

All I can say is they had better damn translate all 3 VNs.
I'm going to be so angry if they only decide to trainslate the main game considering the other 2 are so important to the story.

that´s what they´ve been planning all along, hence them going to kickstart iroseka

6 minutes ago, SaintOfVoid said:

that´s what they´ve been planning all along, hence them going to kickstart iroseka

From what I understand, arn't the 2nd and 3rd going to be kickstarter goals and not 100% going to be translated?

Am I mistaken?