Sol Press announced Irotoridori no Sekai and lots of other titles

bakauchuujin

40 minutes ago, Kiriririri said:

As far as I know from MY SOURCES all these titles by Solpress have been in works for a good time now.

Now let's look at at Nekonyan. OH look 2 titles with literally 0% work done on them.

pretty sure that´s also what one of their tweets said, like "under one wing" being almost done and releasing in the not so distant future, but oh well.

also regarding sakurasakura & yotsunoha, basically all that remains is technical whatnot and/or waiting for approval, so it´s not like those having worked on them can´t do shit on new titles until both release. honestly, it´s only 3 new titles so far, excluding LN´s, and nothing like they´ve suddenly licensed out whole japan with 3staffmembers.
and even if there´s more to come later today, as long as enough working dudes & gals are assigned to each project, that should be plenty.
pretty damn sure those 2 titles getting repeatedly delayed because of technical shenanigans is no fun in solpress´s eyes as well and them too feeling ashamed about the whole situation. not even wanting to mention the fact that it´s still wayyyyyyy fucking better for them ironing out errors and/or polishing the very fuck out of sakurasakura/yotsunoha BEFOREHAND, instead of simply releasing halfbaked piles of shit same as sekai did when things took too long

Edited by SaintOfVoid

Well both of Nekonyan and Sol Press did probably have some hidden progress, so I believe that 0% progress might not mean much (Probably). Besides as far as big release concern, I think the winner was Nekonyan seeing that they managed to release both of Sanoba and Fureraba, but the challange for them in the future will be hard though. I just hope that they'll be able to overcome it.

As for Sol Press, I see the point apparently that the delay was came from the technical problem, so in this case then I hope that Sol Press is more ready to deal with a lot of that, especially in regard of Irotoridori. Because after all, it's one of FAVORITE VN and I think it's quite infamous with hard to operate engine (I need to change the clock to Japan just in order to play Astral Air), so I hope that Sol Press did find a way to deal with that.

Now that Kiriririri mention it, yeah both of HGB and Fureraba was delayed, although I believe that the former was more severe compared to the later, because the delay did took months while for Fureraba it didn't came off as severe because they still managed to release it at March end like promised, Pay Pal initial issues aside. While as for Sol Press, they keep telling that they already prepare X month for the release only for them to be delayed again, so it's understandable if some people did lose trust on them. But on the other hand, they managed to release Dare Sora on time, so obviously Sol Press here should have a chance to improve themselves as well. So let's see if they'll release Sakusakura and Yotsunoha at this year.

Back to topic, as for the announcement Irotoridori was indeed their biggest title so far, with it's being worked twice and the biggest candidate for Nekonyan's next title, only to have Sol Press managed to get it. While it's too bad that Akerou's work will going to waste, in the end it's always interesting that Sekai was got left by their partners there although it's probably didn't have much to do with idealism anyway (Or to be more blunt probably Sekai as of now didn't have enough money to keep up their partners). As for MiraiRadio, it's not surprising to see it considering that it's from the same developer as Newton VN. I'd heard some good things in regard of Mirai Radio, so I'll look forward to the eventual release of it along with Irotoridiri. No comment on the third project (Hitotsu Yane no, Tsubasa no Shita de) seeing that it's less known VN, but at least Sol Press was already ready to release it at this year.

PS - Panty Press will also have their annpuncements as well, but seeing that they'd basically have the same function as Denpasoft for Sol Press, I just expect that they'll gonna have 18+ patch for all of three announcements.

Edited by littleshogun

1 hour ago, littleshogun said:

... it's always interesting that Sekai was got left by their partners there although it's probably didn't have much to do with idealism anyway (Or to be more blunt probably Sekai as of now didn't have enough money to keep up their partners). 

PS - Panty Press will also have their annpuncements as well, but seeing that they'd basically have the same function as Denpasoft for Sol Press, I just expect that they'll gonna have 18+ patch for all of three announcements.

1) neither is sekai approaching bancruptcy, nor do they have to pay their partners in advance for keeping them. 
   almost safe to say they didn´t get iroseka, because they haven´t asked for it, or wanted to do it at a later point, so favorite just moved on.

2) times where relationships between publishers and devs been like a marriage of sorts are long since gone, people became more flexible and no
    one really prefers idealism over xtra money/sales, well maybe nitro+/Jast, but they´re special

3) there will be more than just a few patch-announcements. 

Edited by SaintOfVoid

Well in that case then perhaps Sekai didn't want to do it, but then again it's still interesting to know that Sekai here was basically left by their partner thrice (Purple Software, Yuzusoft, and now this), along with the rumor that Yuzusoft did sue Sekai. As for Nitroplus, perhaps their the type who is quite commited lol. No idea whether Panty Press will announce more than just 18+ patch or not, but perhaps there'll be some surprise interesting announcements there.

As for Aokana 2.0 rumor, well to tell the truth I just find out about that today so it's more like that I didn't know that VN in the past. I'll check on that later.

Edited by littleshogun

Working with a developer once doesn't equal exclusivity and the only reason it ever seemed like that is because there were so few companies that agreed to localizations. At this point I don't think Sekai Project particularly cares whether or not someone licenses a title from a developer they've worked with. Their Sekai Games initiative seems to suggest they don't want to focus on only releasing visual novels anymore and I don't think the remaining members are all that committed to the medium on a personal level.

Who knows, maybe the reason Nekonyan didn't get Irotoridori is because Sol Press offered to do a Kickstarter and Nekonyan has a strict no KS policy. (Kidding, but I do find it ironic that Nekonyan wanted the license for a while now and Sol Press swoops in and gets it somehow but needs a Kickstarter in order to make it feasible. Curious how their approached worked.)

1 hour ago, VonKlaus said:

They said Something about mosaic or what title will have?

I've been watching their panel. While they didn't say anything specific, they said they always try to get the most uncensored version they can. They explain to the Japanese side that mosaics do affect sales. They mentioned that no major localiser wants to have their releases with mosaics, but it all comes down to negotiation. Sometimes the Japanese side doesn't have the originals (happens a lot with older games), and sometimes the Japanese side is scared of the legal ramifications.
"On their side they have legal concerns, and we respect their wishes."
"If we have to."

16 minutes ago, Mr Poltroon said:

I've been watching their panel. While they didn't say anything specific, they said they always try to get the most uncensored version they can. They explain to the Japanese side that mosaics do affect sales. They mentioned that no major localiser wants to have their releases with mosaics, but it all comes down to negotiation. Sometimes the Japanese side doesn't have the originals (happens a lot with older games), and sometimes the Japanese side is scared of the legal ramifications.
"On their side they have legal concerns, and we respect their wishes."
"If we have to."

Ok thanks for the answer

Oh, hey, I'm pretty interested in, like, half of the announcements, good job Sol, didn't expect it from them. It's especially nice to see new companies like Sol and NekoNyan now, when the original holy trio's projects aren't... as exciting as before because of various reasons.

Though I do wonder if Decay as an editor can handle something like Nukitashi, did someone read his Sanoba Witch? Should we be worried?

1 hour ago, Incynerate said:

With so many titles in their queue, I wonder what the release schedule is going to look like for some of these. It might be a long while before we see some of these titles. Still pretty exciting, though.

all on depends on how many translators/editors are assigned to each project, whom they seemingly have contracted plenty of. probably more troublesome is the technical side of things, as often seen. projects sitting at 100% translated/edited for months are no uncommon, because of the few people available handling the rest. doddler & consorts are no ubermenschen and can´t be everywhere doing everything.

1 minute ago, SaintOfVoid said:

all on depends on how many translators/editors are assigned to each project, whom they seemingly have contracted plenty of. probably more troublesome is the technical side of things, as often seen. projects sitting at 100% translated/edited for months are no uncommon, because of the few people available handling the rest. doddler & consorts are no ubermenschen and can´t be everywhere doing everything.

Pretty sure they mentioned that they have 5 programmers working for them.