Sol Press announced Irotoridori no Sekai and lots of other titles

bakauchuujin

On their panel they just announced Irotoridori no Sekai. Really interesting seeing it getting an official localization would have expected it from Nekonyan or SP instead though. Other than that they also announced Hitotsu Yane no, Tsubasa no Shita de and Mirai Radio to Jinkou-bato

Edited by bakauchuujin

4 minutes ago, adamstan said:

I'm still waiting for release of Yotsunoha and Sakura Sakura , yet still there's no release date :( And they announce four new titles? Aren't they biting more than they can chew?

They mentioned for like under a min ago that Sakura Sakura is going to come out in about a month. Though I kind of agree, they are taking quite a lot of titles quite quickly.

Edited by bakauchuujin

9 minutes ago, bakauchuujin said:

They mentioned for like under a min ago that Sakura Sakura is going to come out in about a month.

Oh, that's nice. I don't use twitter, and don't follow panels etc, so I was relying on their homepage only. Although, TBH I'm more interested in Yotsunoha... oh well, hope that it will get released soon too.

Oh wow someone finally announced Irotoridori No Sekai! I been wanting to read that ,  and I listen to the op a lot on YouTube. I'm looking forward to reading that. This was a huge surprise from Sol Press. I'm looking forward to reading it. I hope they get the other one that's a sequel or something, and Astral Air. I also hope they release Sakura Sakura soon. That looked like a good visual novel.

Honestly Its like they are Mirroring SP

Over months of Delays for existing Projects.. Yet Take on More new Projects.. Visit Conventions to Showoff..

And not show actual results....   Such a huge contrast to Nekonyan Where they dont make any new announcements until they actually release something.. Nekonyan doesn't actually even showoff that much Yet they deliver...     

AT this rate that kickstarter is gonna fail..

36 minutes ago, Wildbreed said:

Over months of Delays for existing Projects.. Yet Take on More new Projects.. Visit Conventions to Showoff..

And not show actual results....   Such a huge contrast to Nekonyan Where they dont make any new announcements until they actually release something.. Nekonyan doesn't actually even showoff that much Yet they deliver...     

??

Both Sol Press and NekoNyan have released two titles, and there haven't been many concerns over quality in either one (after the initial Newton demo which was reworked for the complete title).

It is true Sol Press has been delaying Sakura Sakura, but that's because they've had to practically make the engine from scratch (incidentally, they plan to release it around a month from now). They've been upscaling and porting higher resolution sprites into the game. Doddler's tweets on the subject were actually quite fun.

It's strange to think of going to conventions as 'showing off', but I'm willing to bet the main reason NekoNyan doesn't visit conventions is because they're based in Europe.

Edited by Mr Poltroon
Two titles each, not one each.

32 minutes ago, bakauchuujin said:

Also just found out that they are going to do a kickstarter for Irotoridori no Sekai. Well not too unexpected. Also they are going to have even more announcments for the 18+ panel.

kickstarter because they plan on translating the whole series. in case i´m no blind steiner´s project hasn´t been announced yet, + others as they mentioned.
& to comment on the matter of them no releasing anything, pretty sure u could also call those 2LN´s a release, aside from newton/daresora being out since idk

Edited by SaintOfVoid

9 minutes ago, bakauchuujin said:

Not sure this tweet is all I know. Though considering they mentioned this series I would assume they do all of it.

yep that´s what i meant. 2nd tweet is easily being overlooked.
btw feels somewhat bad for chuees gang, first working on irosekai, then told by sekai to do hoshimemo (probably so they could do irosekai afterwards), shit happened, them founded nekonyan and still been hoping of doing irosekai, yet another shit happened...

Edited by SaintOfVoid

13 minutes ago, SaintOfVoid said:

btw feels somewhat bad for chuee´s gang, first working on irosekai, then told by sekai to do hoshimemo (probably so they could work on irosekai afterwards), shit happened, founded nekonyan and been still hoping of doing irosekai, yet another shit happened...

Tune in for next and final part of this 3 part series of Favorite drama when we figure out if Nekonyan gets what they want or if AstralAir is taken from them as they cry in agony.

Edited by bakauchuujin

2 minutes ago, Mr Poltroon said:

??

Both Sol Press and NekoNyan have released a single title, and there haven't been many concerns over quality in either one.

It is true Sol Press has been delaying Sakura Sakura, but that's because they've had to practically make the engine from scratch (incidentally, they plan to release it around a month from now). They've been upscaling and porting higher resolution sprites into the game. Doddler's tweets on the subject were actually quite fun.

It's strange to think of going to conventions as 'showing off', but I'm willing to bet the main reason NekoNyan doesn't visit conventions is because they're based in Europe.

Do you think people will trust a company who delays releases over months and yet announces new Titles..i really doubt that..

This is How i see it as a Buyer..

Solpress has released 1 VN (Which i actually bought and is quite good), Sakura Sakura which was supposed be be released over 4 months ago is still not out.. and then they even Postponed the release of Yotsunoha..   and now they just announced 4 more titles a kickstarter project at that  and even go to conventions   On the other hand

Nekokonyan had Initially announced 5 titles... 2 of them have been released on schedule and the 3rd has already finished Translation..    inbetween they announced 2 new titles in partnership with another well known Chinese Publisher..

Now if (A big if)  either one of them launch a kickstarter campaign.....  Who would i feel confident to back on kickstarter....

1 minute ago, Wildbreed said:

Do you think people will trust a company who delays releases over months and yet announces new Titles..i really doubt that..

This is How i see it as a Buyer..

Solpress has released 1 VN (Which i actually bought and is quite good), Sakura Sakura which was supposed be be released over 4 months ago is still not out.. and then they even Postponed the release of Yotsunoha..   and now they just announced 4 more titles a kickstarter project at that  and even go to conventions   On the other hand

Nekokonyan had Initially announced 5 titles... 2 of them have been released on schedule and the 3rd has already finished Translation..    inbetween they announced 2 new titles in partnership with another well known Chinese Publisher..

Now if (A big if)  either one of them launch a kickstarter campaign.....  Who would i feel confident to back on kickstarter....

Definitely agree that Nekonyan so far have a much better track record and doubt it will change, however I think it is a bit to early to say Sol Press is mirroring SP. That being said I do think they might take a bit more than they can chew which is what I think ended up really hurting SP. Will be interesting to see if they take on more than they can handle or if their plan is to get a bunch of licenses in the start to build hype for the company and then slow down a bit on getting new licenses and going more steadily.

3 minutes ago, bakauchuujin said:

Definitely agree that Nekonyan so far have a much better track record and doubt it will change, however I think it is a bit to early to say Sol Press is mirroring SP. That being said I do think they might take a bit more than they can chew which is what I think ended up really hurting SP. Will be interesting to see if they take on more than they can handle or if their plan is to get a bunch of licenses in the start to build hype for the company and then slow down a bit on getting new licenses and going more steadily.

a couple of months back just after Newtons Release.. i was having good vibes  of Solpress and offcourse  Nekonyan.. The Tranlation of Newton was really good.. offcourse there was that movie playback issue but rest was perfect.. The VN itself was intriguing albeit a bit short .. I remember even mentioning in one of these threads that i am looking forward to both of these publishers future releases..

But then solpress just kept delaying their releases.. first the Sakura Sakura release date was uncertain.. so i was looking forward to yotsunoha.. then they even postponed that :(

Btw what do ppl think about their plan for the VN and LN platform named Hyourin? They made it pretty clear in their panel that they want to have that as a centralized platform, so pretty much like a steam for VNs. To me it sounds a bit too much like wishfull thinking. Sol Press panel video they talk about it roughly at 24 min.

Edited by bakauchuujin

1 hour ago, Wildbreed said:

As far as I know from MY SOURCES all these titles by Solpress have been in works for a good time now.

Now let's look at at Nekonyan. OH look 2 titles with literally 0% work done on them.

15 minutes ago, Kiriririri said:

As far as I know from MY SOURCES all these titles by Solpress have been in works for a good time now.

Now let's look at at Nekonyan. OH look 2 titles with literally 0% work done on them.

Huh!! The way your wording it reflects the lack of skill of whoever is working on them.. In that regards.. Sekai Project has many titles in the "works."  i believe some of them were announced back in 2015.. and are still in the "works" now..However all this is besides the point that i am making..

It doesnt matter if your title is in the works for years or decades even... as long as you release it on the day you said it would release..give or take a month as far as i see it..

1 title gets delayed-- maybe some technical difficulties..its alright
2nd title also gets delayed.--- Hmm ok..
3rd one also get postponed --- Kinda unreliable dont you think...
4th delayed.. complete loss of trust in the publisher..

as of now solpress has 2 titles that are delayed  1 over 4 months late and 2nd has been postponed indefinitely .. We are talking about consecutive delays here

Edited by Wildbreed

11 minutes ago, bakauchuujin said:

Btw what do ppl think about their plan for the VN and LN platform named Hyourin? They made it pretty clear in their panel that they want to have that as a centralized platform, so pretty much like a steam for VNs. To me it sounds a bit too much like wishfull thinking. Sol Press panel video they talk about it roughly at 24 min.

I'd love a Steam-type platform for VNs if it was done right, but can Sol Press really deliver something like that? Now that Steam is allowing 18+ content wouldn't the most likely one be Steam itself? I don't know. It just seems like a lot of work, money, and commitment to attempt something like that.

3 minutes ago, ciel_yuri said:

I'd love a Steam-type platform for VNs if it was done right, but can Sol Press really deliver something like that? Now that Steam is allowing 18+ content wouldn't the most likely one be Steam itself? I don't know. It just seems like a lot of work, money, and commitment to attempt something like that.

The idea isn't for a VN platform. It's for a LN/Manga/VN/Anime Merchandise platform.