Sanoba Witch Discussion

littleshogun

Sanoba Witch Poll  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which girl that you think it's the best?

• Ayachi Nene
    • Inaba Meguru
    • Kariya Wakana
    • Shiiba Tsumugi
    • Togakushi Touko
  2. 2. Which is the best route to you?

• Inaba Meguru
    • Ayachi Nene
    • Togakushi Touko
    • Shiiba Tsumugi
    • Kariya Wakana

6 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

Interesting game so far. Gotta say i enjoy the translation as well. 

On a side note: i keep getting a memory error at random times. Anyone else getting it?

Yes. Some systems seem to suffer from this. It was apparently a bug in the Japanese version as well.

Neb Neb:

yeah on some systems the cache with the bitmaps doesn't delete its content automatically. by pressing yes when this message pops up you do it manually and yeah that bug was also present in the jp version

12 minutes ago, Stormwolf said:

Weird that they never fixed it though. Cant go around ignoring bugs like this and expect loyal customers.

Yuzusoft is really popular. The bug must have either been infrequent or people didn't care enough. From what I've heard the bug doesn't do much more than pop up every once in a while.

You need to restart the game, but fortunately you get to continue where you left off.

Another side note which might not really be a big spoiler, but ill spoiler it nonetheless.:

Spoiler

Meguru is a terrible heroine. Not really making herself appealing as a main heroine through the common route at all is she? I think some balance is important, and not just acting exlusively annoying. I'd take her for an annoying closet lesbian at this point and she's always being rude and talking bad about the portagonist every time she's in the picture. Some serious redeeming qualities needs to appear before i even consider bothering with her route. As it stands ill probably skip it.

Other heroines are pretty nice so far! Only just met the last one though, but its pretty apparent what she's about.

Edited by Stormwolf

If that's the case, then perhaps Meguru herself would resembled Milk from Yes PreCure 5 (YPC5), seeing that she got same attitude and situation before getting closer to the main character. Except that Milk was more infatuated with the prince instead of another girl at that season. Oh and forgot to say that both of Milk and Meguru shared same voice actress/seiyuu, so maybe some PreCure fans would be nostalgic to Milk if Meguru was like that to Shuuji (At least I felt that way lol).

Anyway I would say that it's still better though if you didn't skip Meguru's route, because there'll be a lot of moment in her route where both of Shuuji and Meguru have a lot of sweet moment. But if you want to skip that then so be it.

Edited by littleshogun

13 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

Reveal hidden contents

If that's the case, then perhaps Meguru herself would resembled Milk from Yes PreCure 5 (YPC5), seeing that she got same attitude and situation befre getting closer to the main character. Except that Milk was more infatuated with the prince instead of another girl at that season. Oh and forgot to say that both of Milk and Meguru shared same voice actress/seiyuu, so maybe some PreCure fans would be nostalgic to Milk if Meguru was like that to Shuuji (At least I felt that way lol).

Anyway I would say that it's still better though if you didn't skip Meguru's route, because there'll be a lot of moment in her route where both of Shuuji and Meguru have a lot of sweet moment. But if you want to skip that then so be it.

Spoiler

Well, im sure the route itself has its good moments, but they've failed up to this point at making her a good heroine. They have 1 thing in common. They both like monster hunter and met each other by playing it, but what happened? The writers tossed it aside for her to play with nene instead (who wasnt even into gaming), effectively removing what could have been their way of bonding. Now we just have a girl with an abusive attitude who seemingly likes everyone but the protagonist. 

Spoiler

Well in that case then let's just see of how the writer will handle this, although in that case above I think it would be more the writer's fault though rather than Meguru herself. But it's not like you should like Meguru anyway, so if you dislike her then it's okay because everyone did have the preference to each people.

Anyway as for Sanoba you can also get it at both of Nutaku and FAKKU, so if you have the account for those two websites then you can purchase from those shops. As for the poll, I thought that it might be not quite good seeing that people would probably think that Nene did have the best route considering that it's the longest route. But after I think again, perhaps it would be the best seeing that at the core it's still charage. So feel free to vote whichever the girl that was the best for you.

Edited by littleshogun

On 10/27/2018 at 6:52 PM, Stormwolf said:

Someone said it was 2 quick h scenes and that was it. Well, i guess we'll see.

also 3rd in the after story... And Even thou the route is fairly short compared to others.. its doesnt mean that wakana as a characters fairs less than the others.. shes Cute and Tsunderish and VA is also good.. 

on another note 

16 hours ago, Mr Poltroon said:

Yuzusoft is really popular. The bug must have either been infrequent or people didn't care enough. From what I've heard the bug doesn't do much more than pop up every once in a while.

I actually managed to find a work around for this just needed a small bit of experimenting.. copy pasting from NN Forums

https://forums.nekonyansoft.com/index.php?/topic/237-sanoba-witch-failed-allocating-memory-for-bitmaps/&do=findComment&comment=2407

I solved the problem.. However this wont work with the steam version..

Make sure your game is located on your system Drive.. create a shortcut for your exe on the desktop.

now configure this shortcut to run in compatibility mode of Windows 7 and set it to run as administrator.

Before  for every scene the memory use to keep piling up until it reached around 1.5gb till it had to restart..

Now after doing the above steps memory automatically purges when it reaches around 1gb and that error does not show up.

Now a request to NekoNyan..

Just like how KoiKuma steam version can run without steam by Just clicking on the exe, Can you please make that happen to Sanoba Witch steam version as well?  so that it can run without steam just by using the exe alone.. That way all steam users can also solve this issue

38 minutes ago, ShinRaikdou said:

So, Sanoba Witch, Noble Works and Dracu-Riot take place is same universe?

On one of the BG there's Hinata walking with Maya and standing Rio:

Reveal hidden contents

XyY6FFj.jpg

Yes they all also share the universe with Hoshimeme and Danny Choo

Sanoba Witch is the story of a guy with an unnatural ability and a for once plot integral personality. Doomed to live with his depression, he squanders his youth until one day, he comes across atruly outrageous scene, leading him into the world of magic!

Have fun figuring out how the magic works, because the rules change in every route, enjoy random technical difficulties and observe the most shocking plot twist off all: Mizuhashi Kaori almost stayed in character the entire time. Almost.

______

Okay, I'm done. This was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. I would say Meguru has the worst route, Touko the best and Nene the most interesting and memorable. Tsumugi might be the route I would recommend reading first to anyone going in blind, because it probably establishes the most "lore".

Wakana was a better Deardrops side-route than the actual Deardrops side routes. Out of the three translated Yuzusoft titles we have, it's fair to call this the best not-full-heroine-route. 

Just finished it and i'll just ramble on with my impressions.

Spoiler

Nene: Well, i liked both her and her route. Very likable personality. Never seen a vn do something like that restart they did in this route, and it was pretty cool stuff. I guess it's a bit sad that the common route protagonist Yuuji ended up forgetting about her and living on :( They didn't have to make her a slut after the restart though, but otherwise a fine route indeed! Afterstory was junk though. Why go serious on others, but straight up comedy on the main girl? i don't get it.

Meguru: I initially did not like her at all. She was obnoxious and annoying with her behaviour during the common route. I just couldn't see anyone actually aiming to court someone with that kind of attitude. Well, luckily she became adorable during her route. Route didn't contain too much, but it was OK. It was only OK for the fact that it was waaay too fluffy.. I wonder if a number exists for how many times they said "i love you" to each other. I wish they'd spend more time doing things they liked, like playing monster hunter etc and doing stuff, not just walking around saying "i love you". Another downside is the lack of intimacy and relationship progression with names. She kept up with "senpai" all the way to the end. Touko in her route made a point of not using honorary titles as it wasn't intimate enough for a couple. Meguru though... She didn't even say Yuuji-senpai, she just went with "senpai". Well, it was annoying, but not a dealbreaker. Route is totally fine.

Touko: I enjoyed her route pretty thoroughly. I like these type of heroines who are older and a bit cocky because of it. I liked the reveal during her route and how they progressed as a couple throughout it. It was a good one.

Tsumugi.. Well.. .. I honestly didn't like it. Tsumugi was OK in herself, but the route was uninteresting. I was waiting and waiting and waiting for her to finish her bottle so she'd stop wearing boy's clothers. it was the focus for a while, but suddenly they shifted the route towards Yuuji having a problem and went with it. When she finally stopped being a witch, she damn well went back to being a witch again and started wearing boy's clothers again. I just quit her route then. There is nothing attractive about girls wearing boy's clothes. At least i read the main route. It had good music during the fight with the dog though!

Edited by Stormwolf

That's actually fair.

Gets me thinking, aren't all the routes pointless, because

Spoiler

even if it takes Nene 40 years to fill the bottle, she will inevitably reset the timeline and whatever relationship Yuuji ends up being in gets erased. 

That's some Hapymaher/Chrono Clock existential crisis drama-fuel. Don't think about it.

43 minutes ago, TexasDice said:

That's actually fair.

Gets me thinking, aren't all the routes pointless, because

Hide contents

even if it takes Nene 40 years to fill the bottle, she will inevitably reset the timeline and whatever relationship Yuuji ends up being in gets erased. 

That's some Hapymaher/Chrono Clock existential crisis drama-fuel. Don't think about it.

Spoiler

Nope. The writers fail at time logic. If you follow the game's logic only Nene will disappear and peoples memories of her, nothing else. The fact that she brought them together will be ignored. Their lives would become really different if she was completely erased as if never having existed in their lives as the club wouldn't even exist in such a case. But if you go by the game's logic nothing would happen and he'd stay in his relationship with the others.

Basically... (Nene route spoilers)

Spoiler

The game has magical time travel, not "scientific" time travel, and Yuzusoft uses this to excuse paradoxes and such. The timeline doesn't change at all for anyone but Nene. Everything that happened, happened. The impact Nene left on the world remains. But her existence is wiped from the Earth (kinda) and through magic, the world covers this up by wiping her presence from anywhere it was recorded, whether it be on paper, in memories, or whatever. And she's only kind of erased, because as you see after the first end, there's a new Nene. Nanao said that could happen, but anywhere on Earth. Yet this new Nene ~miraculously~ appeared at the same school.

So anyway, yeah, all other relationships stay intact. The actual sad part about this in the other routes is that Nene will have nothing to strive for after she realizes how badly she fucked up with her wish.

On 10/27/2018 at 11:08 PM, Stormwolf said:

Interesting game so far. Gotta say i enjoy the translation as well. 

On a side note: i keep getting a memory error at random times. Anyone else getting it?

Here is the patch that will fix this issue.If anyone has the same problem install this patch.I also had the same problem but this patch solves it.

https://workupload.com/file/nxQSJA7F 

You only have to do is extract it to the game folder :) 

Edited by LanThief(HUN)