I Need Visual Novels To Read

facepoke

To not contribute to dirtying you conscience, I'll suggest some quality free ones: Katawa Shoujo, CUPID, One Thousand Lies, Everlasting Summer

Also, Cinderella Phenomenon and Locked Heart if you don't mind otome.

"Have you read Steins;Gate? It's not an eroge and mainly focuses on mind-bending time travel plots."

Yea about the Conscience, too late for that, but i guess i like them with more story rather than Hentai aspects

Completely Loved Katawa Shoujo, and Everlasting Summer, I'm gonna look into CUPID and the Otome ones, one thousand lies truth disappointed me

Also Heard of Steins;gates Game and Anime, gonna dwell into both eventually.

Edited by facepoke

Muv Luv Alternate is a long and amazing sci fi VN that focuses on dystopian alien war horror instead of dating/hentai. You have to go through the mediocre prequel Muv Luv Extra first, though, which does have mediocre h scenes (just hold left control). Of the 40 or so VNs I've read MLA is probably still my #1. The music is just too good. If you like Steins Gate give it a try, there's a similar sci fi thriller appeal, only more mechas and war instead of time travel.

Edited by Corrupted

8 hours ago, Corrupted said:

Muv Luv Alternate is a long and amazing sci fi VN that focuses on dystopian alien war horror instead of dating/hentai. You have to go through the mediocre prequel Muv Luv Extra first, though, which does have mediocre h scenes (just hold left control). Of the 40 or so VNs I've read MLA is probably still my #1. The music is just too good. If you like Steins Gate give it a try, there's a similar sci fi thriller appeal, only more mechas and war instead of time travel.

Might Just Do the Muv Luv Seris as a whole, also yea i should give steins gate a try, both the game and anime.

1 hour ago, facepoke said:

Might Just Do the Muv Luv Seris as a whole, also yea i should give steins gate a try, both the game and anime.

Please do. You should not skip Extra and Unlimited. Having played those is the difference Between MLA being good and being absolutely phenomenal :sachi:

You didn't mention any genre preference or content to avoid beyond too much H, so I'm gonna suggest Saya no Uta. It's short and good, and was one of my entry points to the medium. It's dark and pretty disturbing though, so keep that in mind. 

Edited by Thyndd

46 minutes ago, Thyndd said:

Please do. You should not skip Extra and Unlimited. Having played those is the difference Between MLA being good and being absolutely phenomenal :sachi:

You didn't mention any genre preference or content to avoid beyond too much H, so I'm gonna suggest Saya no Uta. It's short and good, and was one of my entry points to the medium. It's dark and pretty disturbing though, so keep that in mind. 

Already beat that game, AND I FUCKING LOVED IT

14 minutes ago, facepoke said:

Already beat that game, AND I FUCKING LOVED IT

Glad to hear that! 

If you've already played a few titles maybe it's time for you to create a VNDB profile so you can share it with us and make the most out of the suggestions people can offer by letting us know both what you've already read and what you are more likely to enjoy based on your ratings. 

1 minute ago, Thyndd said:

Glad to hear that! 

If you've already played a few titles maybe it's time for you to create a VNDB profile so you can share it with us and make the most out of the suggestions people can offer by letting us know both what you've already read and what you are more likely to enjoy based on your ratings. 

Made a profile as well, same name as here.

I should have given the full Muv Luv disclaimer/explanation.

When you download Muv Luv, you get a game with two games inside it. Muy Luv Extra and Muv Luv Unlimited. They're both 7/10's you have to play through to get to the 10/10 that is Muv Luv Alternative (which is the sequel, a separate game). They may not seem like it at first but you HAVE to play Extra and Unlimited because they set up Muv Luv Alternative.

You only have to play 2 routes in Extra and 1 route in Unlimited and can safely ignore the rest (side routes). You may start off thinking "I'll just play the whole game why not" but after you play 2 or 3 routes you'll start to see why they're kinda repetitive and maybe not worth your time. The routes you have to play at a minimum:

Extra: Sumika, Meiya
Unlimited: Meiya
Alternative: There are no routes, just enjoy

Also, some of the after content of MLA is phenomenal. Specifically "The Day After" series...potentially better than the actual game itself. 

Edited by Corrupted

5 minutes ago, KanadeTachibana said:

Danganronpa, is both a great game, and visual novel. I also recommend reading DDLC, Grisaia, Clannad, and G Senjou No Maou. They're my top 5 visual novels, and I read them on Steam.

Played DDLC, I'll consider starting the Grisaia seris, Clannad is on wishlist, and I'll give G Senjou no Maou a try, Danganronpa is more a fighter than novel

2 minutes ago, Ranzo said:

Galaxy Angel, Moonlit Lovers, Eternal Lovers, Clannad, Rewrite, Little Busters, Flowers Vol 1 & 2, Chaos;Head, Enigma, Symphonic Rain, Campus Notes, Eden, Aoishiro, Fatal 12, The Shadows of Pygmalion, Ever17.

Quite Alot there. Clannad, Eden and Litter Busters are on wishlist, FLowers is added to "Look into" list, Chaos;head as well, Enigma maybe, the others also added to "look into" List.

Edited by facepoke