Site Work Failed, But We Didn't Die

Ugh. Still more roadblocks. Need to get an as-yet unknown password from Nay in order to get this sucker changed. For now, please enjoy the mess of a forums we've got, and dream of the forums we will probably never one day have.

< 3 - Tay

You can dismiss this alert by clicking on the "X" button

Renka

To Heart Translation Project (English - Spanish)

To Heart Translation Project

To.Heart.full.492742.jpg

VN info (from VNDB)

Spoiler

In this game, you play as Fujita Hiroyuki, a high-school student who seems to have more interest in romance than in his studies. In his school there are several pretty girls, and his goal is to be nice to one of them, to make the right decisions when talking to her, and ultimately to win her heart.

Year: 1997
Developer/Publisher: Aquaplus, Leaf
Platform: PC
Rated: +18

Translation Preview

Spoiler

Some clumsy wording about the project:

Spoiler

This is my translation project for To Heart, a port from the original Leaf Visual Novel System to KiriKiri engine. The reason for this alternative is that it would be extremely hard and even counterproductive to try to modify the original, given the level of protection and various issues regarding fonts and the like. Aside from this, while the goal is to make a faithful port, this is in no way an attempt to make a literal clone of the original game, but a new version powered by the light of the destiny engine.

About the issues/Recruitment:

Spoiler

Update: most of the serious issues have been solved, which would make the recruiting:
An English checker to correct the writing
Anyone who can convert raw sound files to WAV
If you can rip the voices from PS1 (or PSE, the port of the PS1 game for PC) version you're also welcome

So, the progress:

Spoiler
  • (Updated as for 7/2/2019):
  • Scene count (translated/inserted): 100/993
  •  Added opening
  • Added main menu
  • Added point system
  • Fixed sprites
  • Fixed soundtrack (so that it won't skip like crazy when playing)

And the todo list (priority order):

Spoiler
  • English version check.
  • Convert sound effects (I think this is going to be easy for someone experienced with FFMPEG or SOX).
  • Add voices from PS1 version.
  • (Make a 5 hours extra scenario for Aoi).

And I guess that's pretty much it. With a bit of luck, it'll not stagnate in an eternally deep procrastination pool. Anyways, thank you very much for your attention. May Aoi protect your fighting spirit.

Edited by Renka
Update

Hmm... PS1 version seems to have Aya Hisakawa voicing one of the characters... I'm slightly interested :) Unfortunately, Spanish version is of no use to me :( But if you manage to make English one, I'm looking forward to it (unless I somehow manage to read original before, but there's still long road before this happens ;) )

8 hours ago, adamstan said:

Hmm... PS1 version seems to have Aya Hisakawa voicing one of the characters... I'm slightly interested :) Unfortunately, Spanish version is of no use to me :( But if you manage to make English one, I'm looking forward to it (unless I somehow manage to read original before, but there's still long road before this happens ;) )

Translation programs probably work better for spanish to english, but dont take my word for that.

3 hours ago, Stormwolf said:

Translation programs probably work better for spanish to english, but dont take my word for that.

EDIT:
forget what I said, i misunderstood your message :sacchan:

Good luck with the translation, looks fine so far judging from that video.

Edited by Deep Blue

On 24/10/2018 at 1:54 AM, ittaku said:

I'm pleased to see more of the To Heart world getting attention, having translated To Heart 2 myself. Good luck with the project.

Ittaku you are the best. It literally blew my mind, when I heard that Ittaku isn't some fan tl group but a single guy doing all the translations. I can't even convey with words how much impressed I was. Its too late but Thank you very much for to heart 2's translation. You are like a celebrity for me. 

2 hours ago, SpookySaint said:

Ittaku you are the best. It literally blew my mind, when I heard that Ittaku isn't some fan tl group but a single guy doing all the translations. I can't even convey with words how much impressed I was. Its too late but Thank you very much for to heart 2's translation. You are like a celebrity for me. 

Thanks! Never too late. To Heart 2 will last forever for me, and any feedback is always appreciated ^_^