How to play japanese VNs without having to change system to japanese all the time?

bakauchuujin

I have a few japanese visual novels on the PC and I wonder if there is a way to get them to work without having to change location to japanese every time I want to read? Is there an other way to get them to work rather than having it set to japanese or should I just keep my system on japanese all the time (any potential problems that would cause?).

Edited by bakauchuujin

https://pooi.moe/Locale-Emulator/ or alpharomhack 

turning your system completely into japanese (minus the language itself) can become bothersome since many software you install detect your region and will auto install in japanese language even if you dont want to, for example bandicam (old versions) wont let you install them if your region is in japanese and will request you to download the japanese .exe, other than that there is no issue (?)

Changing to JP locale can actually fuck with programs that like to auto-detect languages. My old MSI BIOS manager on my last PC would only display in Japanese until I was finally able to find the language settings as well as a few other installers for programs. Other than that, the actual programs run just fine. For what its worth, with the plethora of official releases, I don't bother with locale anymore.