Decripting .ypn/.yps file

I'm trying to extract the script for this VN that I'm playing right now, but I can't decrypt the files. 

It uses YU-RIS engine (I'm pretty sure) and I've been able to extract the .ypn files from the .yps, but when I try opening the .ypn files, they are completely encrypted. 

Please help me. 

Link: https://goo.gl/txDkFQ

P.S. If you could, please teach me how to extract it too. 

Nounai Kanojo title. Good taste :thumbs_up:

Anyway, no, you need a hacker to decrypt these .ypn files. Every YU-RIS engine VN has its own decryption code for the scripts, and for each VN one needs to manually find which one it is. It shouldn't be too hard to find it, but I have no idea how hackers do it. A friend of mine did it relatively easy before, but I have no idea how.

Edited by Infernoplex

Finding the .ybn decryption key is trivial: if you know the correct offset, it's right there in the file. No need to calculate or bruteforce anything.

Here's a zip with the scripts in an Excel file and a tool that'll put the translated text back into the .ybn files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lbhwyrt7lio0zd0/Yome juu tools.zip?dl=0

The patched files get placed in the "patch" folder. Copy those to a new "ysbin" folder in the game and you're all set.

Some more remarks about the tool:

• It handles word wrapping automatically by inserting line break instructions. You may need to adjust the "MonospaceCharactersPerLine" setting in tool\textpatch.exe.config to get this working correctly.
  • If you're planning on working on this translation with multiple people, it's also possible to create a translation patch directly from a Google Docs spreadsheet rather than an Excel file. PM me for details on this.
Edited by frc_