Yandere

Eurekachan26

A friend of mine recomend me to try a vn with a main female character as a yandere.   I know normally those girls are bad news but I watched all Mirai Nikki so got curious.

Any recomendation about a good VN with a yandere included?  preferible one where there isnt torture, gore, blood, someone else suffering badly, ect ect  Or at least very little posible if it avoidable.

Or yandere = all those things?   some advice and recomendations would be nice

Edited by Eurekachan26

21 minutes ago, Eurekachan26 said:

Or yandere = all those things?   

I'd be very surprised if it doesn't. :wacko: I don't know, maybe some comedic VNs might have yanderes who always fail or something like that, but I don't remember reading anything like that.

I'd recommend Higurashi, with the note that it's horror and includes pretty much all of these:

23 minutes ago, Eurekachan26 said:

torture, gore, blood, someone else suffering badly, ect ect

8 minutes ago, alpacaman said:

Hatoful Boyfriend has a Yandere character who is pretty important for the "true route". His methods are rather drastic, but the VN itself is not graphic. I don't know if you're in the mood for dating pigeons though.

No thanks   XD

Well I tried, seem like there isnt many games with that genre, and a few arent good, or are very ugly.  Oh well

Lets find some cute girls instead as usual.

• 3 weeks later...

...Why is noone mentioning School Days? Isn't that the usual automatic suggestion, the poster child of English-translated Yandere? The gore is minimal, as well. Perhaps it's because not everyone likes that game. I personally love it, despite being frustrated at the design.

I spent a while in a Yandere phase. The only good Yanderes game I found and managed to actually personally play were in School Days and Cross Channel, neither of which have extremely explicit gore. School Days is easier to get into and the Yandere(s) are main characters; Cross Channel might have the most awesome and wonderful Yandere but she only plays a relatively small part of a game that's focused on much different things.

Don't play the game literally titled "Yandere". It is the worst VN I have ever made the mistake to play; It's so bad it'll make you like Yanderes less.

7 hours ago, Akshay said:

Seconding School Days. Princess X also has a Yandere route. While it may be fulfilling to romance a Yandere character, Yandere bad ends are almost certainly brutal. If you skip the bad ends you should be fine on most blood/gore etc.

Yeah, but staying for the bad ends is important since you get to see that bastard get what's coming to him. The piece of shit that he is.

If you do end up playing Crimson Gray they just released a bit of a sequel/companion to it from the perspective of the yandere which I found to be really interesting. It is a shame that it is woefully short though.

8 minutes ago, Ranzo said:

Yeah, but staying for the bad ends is important since you get to see that bastard get what's coming to him. The piece of shit that he is.

Not all MC's are trash and if you dont hate the MC (or want to see him hut in that case) avoiding the bad ends is probably better. Wanting to see the MC suffer is probably more unique to School Days and VNs where you are intended to hate the MC.

Honestly, it's hard to find good yandere characters/routes that don't just resort to copious amounts of blood and gore for shock value. Yandere isn't just about stabbing the MC silly, after all, but about the unhealthy and complete obsession the character has for them. It's a shame, since I looove yandere, but I still haven't come across any really good examples. I'm also strongly recommending against the actual game Yandere, especially since you want to avoid torture/blood/gore. Ugh. I couldn't stomach parts of it, and it's a really bad title all around.

-Crimson Grey is pretty good, though it does have some blood. 

-I know it's pretty divisive, but I actually really liked DDLC for its yandere characters (and I'm pretty sure everyone at this point knows about it, so hopefully this doesn't count as a spoiler). This one also has some blood/violence and scary themes.

-If you're fine with otome, Amnesia has a pretty interesting yandere route. 

-You might also want to check out Charon's games, which often have yandere characters. They're not anything great, but they're pretty short.

-Full disclosure: I haven't come close to completing this one yet, but there's also My Harem Heaven is Yandere Hell. It's technically not playable in English. Instead, Verdelish played through it and translated it on Youtube. Again, I haven't finished watching it, so I have no idea how violent it actually gets. 

Edited by Pomelo

2 hours ago, Akshay said:

Not all MC's are trash and if you dont hate the MC (or want to see him hut in that case) avoiding the bad ends is probably better. Wanting to see the MC suffer is probably more unique to School Days and VNs where you are intended to hate the MC.

The mc in Yandere is a piece of shit and that what I was directly talking about

16 hours ago, Ranzo said:

If you do end up playing Crimson Gray they just released a bit of a sequel/companion to it from the perspective of the yandere which I found to be really interesting. It is a shame that it is woefully short though.

Cant remember him doing anything being worthy of brutally murdering him over though. Drawing irl comparisons that would be like supporting arabs stoning to death cheating wives.

Edited by Stormwolf

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2018 at 1:02 PM, Pomelo said:

since I looove yandere,

-Crimson Grey is pretty good, though it does have some blood. 

-I know it's pretty divisive, but I actually really liked DDLC for its yandere characters (and I'm pretty sure everyone at this point knows about it, so hopefully this doesn't count as a spoiler). This one also has some blood/violence and scary themes.

I can see it in your avatar.  :P

I watched AoT so I guess some blood wont bother me.  I think what it does is the drama and story.  I really want to avoid any story where the mc is a jerk so no for School Days.   I might try Crimson Grey, but I heard is very short.

Now, if you want a yandere novel, just saying but without blood or action (etc) it won't be a true yandere route. I mean, that's what makes them yandere. "Obsessive and murderous for their love interest"

But a good yandere VN? In my opinion School Days is a complete waste of time compared to Kanojo to Kanojo. If you played Doki Doki Lit. Club before, you can think it like that. But I won't give any spoilers unless if you want to go to youtube and watch the video of this vn's iconic ending. Though definitely check it out if you want to have a big time impression left after finishing the game, and just so you know it's in japanese but there is an english translation coming out by JAST USA. (hopefully)

I like the obsessive, loyal, jealous part of a yandere and don't really need the murdery bit. I've found enjoyment in related things such as loyal warrior woman type heroines (Meiya from MLA, Ramius from Evenicle) and jealousy or at least reactions among other heroines once you're on a specific heroines route (Grisaia and its KKK scenes, brocon imoutos by the hundreds). Perhaps if you're not into the murdery bits of yandere we're looking for the same thing and could swap notes.

School Days has jealousy, but it's more the soul crushing realistic kind than the cute ego-boosting kind.