Togainu no Chi Save/Load Issues

XxrenxX

Are you running your computer with Japan system locale?: Yes
Game Name: Togainu No Chi [AarinFantasy's Translation]
Description of Problem: Cannot save/load or edit anything in config during gameplay. Result of doing so will freeze the game. I will have to go to task manager and force it to end. Right clicking in on thr task bar does nothing, pressing esc while in game does nothing. There is no safe way to exit out of the freeze aside from force shut down of the game.
Your Operating System: Windows 8
64 or 32 bit: 64x bit
What did you already try

Tried following this thread on their forums. http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t174028-togainu-no-chi-windows.html But nothing I tried worked so I followed a link in that thread to game crashing issues, that didn't work either. I'm at the point where I just want to throw this game out the window. I understand this game was released in 2006 [?] so it wasn't meant to be used on Windows 8 but I have read that a lot of people have fixed this issue and I'm just sitting here like, how?
I cannot return to my old operating system so that option is out the window. 

I can play the game but not being able to save, load or edit the config's is just a giant pain in the butt. I have wanted to play this game for a long time and I don't want to just give up on it.

Does anyone have any ides of fix's that will work?
Did you download your game from Fuwanovel?: Yes.

I didn't really understand that explanation. I'm also trying to play it on Windows 8, and I'm not sure how to go to config is it when you right click and there's Japanese options?

Cause I can't read Japanese or is it located somewhere else. I'd love to play this game and I'm baffled

And I forgot to mentioned the other things I'm new here so here goes:

Are you running your computer with Japan system locale?: Yes

Description of Problem: Same problem with load/save issues

Your Operating System: Windows 8

64 or 32 bit: 64 bit I think

What did you already try? I tried countless things so far: asked help from a person that played the game, but the problem was they used windows 7 and it works for them, but not me.

I tried turning off the read only checkmark, running as administrator, and changing compatibility to windows 7 and also tried XP. Still nothing.

Did you download your game from Fuwanovel?: The second time yes, first time was piratebay I think, a different torrent site 

• 10 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Reviving this to say I have issues with saving and loading even now in 2019. Changing config doesn't work, right clicking the window to unfreeze it just makes the rest of the pc freeze up along with it to the pont where I have to Alt + ctrl + delete just to get rid of it.