never7 movies not playing

shana0

It's missing a couple of files I believe. I recall some people saying they had to mess with codecs and shit but hopefully you won't need that.

First, put this .dll file into the file directory: https://mega.nz/#!qZVinBQJ!WBi52msK0f1Dd_iDYPmw20YoOc1vIeTnA8Grjnpkspc

Also, you'll need to ensure that the game's running in compatibility mode, etc. Windows 10 is particularly finicky about compatibility with older VNs...

If it does not affect your gameplay, as in the game freezing or stuff, you could always just skip the opening and watch it on youtube. I don't recall anything major in Never7 that requires videos. Although not ideal, it is easier than trying to solve it, as it is a quite old game and surely has its problems.

I noticed that older games quite often have problems woth videos, because they require outdated codecs that aren't supported by the current versions of Windows. I personally have a Windows XP virtual machine installed on my PC and use it specifically for playing older VNs, because it's simply easier to make them work properly this way. I suggest doing the same thing if it doesn't work no matter what you try. You will still need to install all the necessary codecs on the guest Windows though.