VN with a well developed childhood friend heroine

namiultedjapanXD

18+ and doesnt have to be translated. 

I am a big fan of osananajimi Heroine romance stories. However, its difficult to make a really good childhood friend story since the writers can't really show all the history that the MC and the friend have. What are some VNs with a childhood friend romance that you feel were really well done? If it has more substance the better. 

I've read Koichoco and I liked Chisato but you are only told about their history. 

From the games I played, recently I really liked Mirai from Koiiro.

Also, Hikari and Saya from Miagete are kind of childhood friends for protagonist, and in this VN there are lenghty retrospections. If you can read untranslated, then you can read +18 version ;) 

Konomi and Tamaki from ToHeart2

Ageha from Konosora

Chiho from PrincessEvangile

Hinata from NobleWorks

Rina from Fureraba

Runa and Yukino from Hatsukoi 1/1

Asumi from Heart de Roommate (kind of ;) )

Main heroines from Majikoi (Miyako, Momoyo and Kazuko aka Wanko) could be considered too.

The next one is put here half jokingly, but she was the first childhood friend heroine I experienced, and might be responsible for my affection towards them:

Mikae from True Love

Edited by adamstan

In addition to English releases above, I can recommend Shirahase Yuuna. The game is average (too many h-scenes and early confessions), but her route is quite good.

Also, Lamune and Sorairo is good place for them. I liked the idea of starting point as a kid.

But I think you need to try Aikagi. Simple but cute vn with one heroine as osananajimi.

39 minutes ago, adamstan said:

Hinata from NobleWorks

She is not an osananajimi. Just classmate and acquaintance from last school.

Edited by ShinRaikdou

That's a tall order, does such a thing actually exist?

I mean childhood friends are kind of a narrative crutch that establishes a connection with the protag without having to do any heavy lifting story wise.

Oh! Sachi and Hinata from Sharin No Kuni! Geez that was hard but I did it.

Edited by Ranzo

1 hour ago, Ranzo said:

That's a tall order, does such a thing actually exist?

I mean childhood friends are kind of a narrative crutch that establishes a connection with the protag without having to do any heavy lifting story wise.

Oh! Sachi and Hinata from Sharin No Kuni! Geez that was hard but I did it.

It just has to have a little more substance than normal.

2 hours ago, adamstan said:

From the games I played, recently I really liked Mirai from Koiiro.

Also, Hikari and Saya from Miagete are kind of childhood friends for protagonist, and in this VN there are lenghty retrospections. If you can read untranslated, then you can read +18 version ;) 

Konomi and Tamaki from ToHeart2

Ageha from Konosora

Chiho from PrincessEvangile

Hinata from NobleWorks

Rina from Fureraba

Runa and Yukino from Hatsukoi 1/1

Asumi from Heart de Roommate (kind of ;) )

Main heroines from Majikoi (Miyako, Momoyo and Kazuko aka Wanko) could be considered too.

The next one is put here half jokingly, but she was the first childhood friend heroine I experienced, and might be responsible for my affection towards them:

Mikae from True Love

Spoiler

In Koiiro, is the Hhscene with the blonde girl and Misaki during her route?

9 minutes ago, namiultedjapanXD said:
  Hide contents

In Koiiro, is the Hhscene with the blonde girl and Misaki during her route?

Spoiler

Yes, but it is optional, and it leads to alternate end (wouldn't call it straight bad, but not the best).

Mirai's (osananajimi tsundere) route doesn't have such elements ;)

Edited by adamstan

6 hours ago, namiultedjapanXD said:
  Hide contents

Is it like there are "good" and "bad" endings for each heroine or only for Misaki?

Spoiler

According to the walkthroughs that I used when playing, there is also a bad ending for Mirai - and it's "real" bad ending, actually.

For other heroines these aren't mentioned, and I didn't try all choices cominations inside their routes. I suppose that if you stray too much off the route you could get generic bad end where MC ends up alone, or some generic game over but I don't know for sure.

4 hours ago, ShinRaikdou said:

Reminder to don't ever touch Niijima Yuu routes.

Hey, i warned that there's a "twist" in her route, don't kill the surprise.

But thanks to that i remembered the best osananajimi route of all utsuges charages: Ayumu from Natsuyume Nagisa.

10 hours ago, adamstan said:
  Hide contents

According to the walkthroughs that I used when playing, there is also a bad ending for Mirai - and it's "real" bad ending, actually.

For other heroines these aren't mentioned, and I didn't try all choices cominations inside their routes. I suppose that if you stray too much off the route you could get generic bad end where MC ends up alone, or some generic game over but I don't know for sure.

Spoiler

Ok. I was thinking about that scene and it made me think "thats kind of NTR"

If you want some jealous childhood friend like Chisato, then I think both of Saki from Hapymaher and Suzu from Ayakashibito could qualify. Otherwise, if you want some developed childhood friend route that like you asked, then you can try to wait until Marika's route from Hoshiori was translated, which should be in the near future. I hope that my recommendations here would be helpful to you.

PS - Just realized that you okay with the untranslted one, so you could jump inyo Marika's route and along with it recommend Ginharu because of Mizuha who is another childhood friend character.

On 10/13/2018 at 2:24 PM, ShinRaikdou said:

In addition to English releases above, I can recommend Shirahase Yuuna. The game is average (too many h-scenes and early confessions), but her route is quite good.

Also, Lamune and Sorairo is good place for them. I liked the idea of starting point as a kid.

But I think you need to try Aikagi. Simple but cute vn with one heroine as osananajimi.

She is not an osananajimi. Just classmate and acquaintance from last school.

Aikagi looks great! I think I'll read this one first. Thanks!