Maki Fes GetVar Error

ShadowSteel

So I recently bought Maki Fes from DL Site and installed the Bueeh English Patch and now I am getting a "Script Error (GetVar)" type message when I start the game.  Naturally if I run the game without the patch it runs like a dream.  I've done everything properly to get the game running but it just isn't working.  I saw that someone else here has had the same problem, but the only answer on that forum was a person telling him to check his PMs.  If anyone knows what I am doing wrong please let me know.

Well i only found this more or so chek it out 

I think it will not help you solve the problem but it will give you some clue about it.

If this is not you are looking for im sorry if misunderstanded.

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=d505c1b8-dd95-4a12-8f12-0355c37ecfdc

Try running it whit compatibility mode - admin - run whit japanese local - or run whit japanese locale as administrator

If all of these options fail im sorry i didin't provided a better help.

Edited by LanThief(HUN)

11 minutes ago, Zakamutt said:

I have no idea if this has been fixed yet but signs point to no, anyway the patch is only compatible with the physical edition and that may or may not be the problem. Don't worry too much about how you acquire it tbh

And it was on this glorious day that Zakamutt began his transition to speaking in pseudo-8ball lingo.
6c4db0cd2ebccd83c5034a98ff2578b1--magic-

That's a good question...  It's possible that DL Site is the only way to get a copy as of right now.  I mean I doubt you could get to Grand Cross's Site outside of Japan and still be able to navigate it properly.  Plus it is safer than going to sites like ebay and trying to find a copy of the game.

8 hours ago, tahu157 said:

Why does the patch have a link to DL site then?

8 hours ago, ShadowSteel said:

That's a good question...  It's possible that DL Site is the only way to get a copy as of right now.  I mean I doubt you could get to Grand Cross's Site outside of Japan and still be able to navigate it properly.  Plus it is safer than going to sites like ebay and trying to find a copy of the game.

I think there's some dude that sells physicals at certain cons but I'm really not sure; digital is definitely more accessible it just has the problem of not working. I also suspect whoever linked dlsite was a bit too enthusiastic about the prospects of getting a new patch version out. Or something. I always thought it was silly not to mention, but didn't want to be rude or whatever to people who did far more work on the project than I did.

4 hours ago, Kiriririri said:

Getchu still has some stock left for Maki Fes physicals (price is also like half of what people from cons ask for it lol)

http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=838595&gc=gc

The pricing for the Physical copy is the same as the Digital download over at DL Site.  So if that is half price at cons then I'll keep an eye on it.

4 minutes ago, ShadowSteel said:

The pricing for the Physical copy is the same as the Digital download over at DL Site.  So if that is half price at cons then I'll keep an eye on it.

Your message implies that you read Kiri's message the wrong way, or wrote yours to imply something you did not want it to. Though maybe with shipping the physical is still cheaper at cons, no clue how much proxy fees + shipping would be