Charages with actual plot

Larxe1

Some people might say why not just play a chuunige or something. I want to see good characters going through well-thought-out plots and also I'm a sucker for good romance story.

Some certain charages I played felt aimless. The conflict is solved right off the bat at the start of the route and goes straight to icha-icha forever without conflict. If there aren't conflicts, it's hard to feel entertained or support the characters. I want to see them at least go through something so I can see them fighting(not literally) and have a feeling of wanting to support them. 

Preferably, the vn should be on the longer side. Something like 20+ hours. 10-20 Hours vn's are welcome too.

I'm also not saying I despise icha-icha, in fact I love it with good heroines. What I do hate is a plot centered around icha-icha.

Example: Tayutama,Minamijujisei Renka,Natsu no Ame

Edited by Larxe1

5 minutes ago, Norleas said:

Excluding nakiges, maybe something like Tsuki ni Yorisou Otome no Sahou, Minamijuujisei Renka(more on the comedy side) or something like Fortune Arterial, that's what i can push from my memory of the lighthearted side.

Nakiges are fine as long as it doesn't end in a completely depressing note. Any recommendations for nakiges too?

Though i not fully consider a nakige or a plot title, Ore-tachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai is one of the best character-oriented novel that i played, Manatsu no Yoru no Yuki Monogatari if you want a Key style nakige and Irotoridori no Sekai if you like the Favorite type of story.

Now gonna put Manatsu no Yoru in my backlog, also what VN is your icon?

9 minutes ago, Norleas said:

Though i not fully consider a nakige or a plot title, Ore-tachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai is one of the best character-oriented novel that i played, Manatsu no Yoru no Yuki Monogatari if you want a Key style nakige and Irotoridori no Sekai if you like the Favorite type of story.

Princess Evangile has issues, but it sounds like it has what you want.  Koihime Musou is, like, half charage and half plot-based.

Looking at what you've said, I'm also going to recommend Chrono Clock.  All the character routes are somewhat short, but the 3 of the 4+2 (2 locked behind the first 4) that I've finished so far had what it sounds like you're looking for.  Even if the plot is kind of light, it's still there.  Sonohana New Gen might work for you for the same reasons.

I'll also recommend Littlewitch Romanesque, although many folks will prefer the Steam version to the uncut one.  The characters are great and it's pretty well written.

6 hours ago, Larxe1 said:

Nakiges are fine as long as it doesn't end in a completely depressing note. Any recommendations for nakiges too?

Nakige don't end on depressing notes, by definition.  The definition of a nakige is a game with moderate to strong emotional catharsis with crises that are resolved in a manner that doesn't leave a bad aftertaste.  The most classic examples are Key's games.

Nakige Recommendations

Moshimo Ashita ga Harenaraba

Komorebi no Nostalgica (My number 1 recommendation from this list)

Koisuru Doll to Omoi no Kiseki

Mirai Nostalgia

Yomegami

Haru to Yuki

Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashi no

Soshite Hatsukoi ga Imouto ni Naru

Hikoukigumo no Mukougawa (If you only play one path, play Eiri's)

Toki o Tsumugu Yakusoku

Plotge you might be interested in

Izayoi no Fortuna

Fake Azure Arcology

Re:Birth Colony

Hatsuyuki Sakura

Ojou-sama wa Gokigen Naname (if you don't mind the evil aunt being creepy as hell)

Sakura, Sakimashita

Goofy Stuff that has a story/central plot

World Election

Senren Banka

im very new at VN reader but i thought "HapyMaher" may be made you interesting.

ps.im here to read Clephas-San list , thank god one of nakige from that list (Hikoukigumo no Mukougawa) is prepared to distribute in English .

Edited by Kei kun
word spelling.

I would like to seconded Hapymaher as well, and while I'm at it I would recommend you to read the FD as well seeing that apparently you could read some Japanese VN there. Other than that, maybe you can try both of Dracu Riot and Sanoba there, along with both of Flyable Heart and HGB. I hope that my recommendations here would be helpful to you.