Repack .gyu image file - ExHibit

IsMike

Hi everyone

My team is translating a game that uses ExHibit engine, the text works pretty good, but the images are the problem, we can extract them, but for repacking... we don't have idea how to do (.bmp to .gyu). I've been looking for a repacker without success and i don't have enough skill with reverse engineering, so..I'm here looking for your help guys, anyone have idea how we can do that or knows anybody who cans?

Thanks

Edited by IsMike

GARBro's GYU decoder: https://github.com/morkt/GARbro/blob/master/ArcFormats/ExHibit/ImageGYU.cs

For my first glance at that source code I think it's possible (maybe) to implement an encoder by learning from the decoder logic. However currently I don't have enough spare time to implement that, maybe someone else with enough programming skills can help you.

23 hours ago, Ulysses said:

GARBro's GYU decoder: https://github.com/morkt/GARbro/blob/master/ArcFormats/ExHibit/ImageGYU.cs

For my first glance at that source code I think it's possible (maybe) to implement an encoder by learning from the decoder logic. However currently I don't have enough spare time to implement that, maybe someone else with enough programming skills can help you.

12 hours ago, Huang Ling Yin said:

simply convert your edited images to 32 bit bmp with alpha channel, and rename bmp to gyu

7Tz7bWh.png

Thanks you both for your answers, well, if i extract the images into png, edit and rename them, it works. But in the case of extracting into bmp and do the same procedure, looks so bad, pixelated. Nevertheless, for our image editor, work with bmp images is easiest than png. Is there any specific method of extracting the images into bmp? Tested with asmodean tool and garbro, aetool don't seems to support the format.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/12/2018 at 7:48 AM, IsMike said:

Yep, I used garbro at the end, but for converting to PNG, for some reason, when converting to BMP, the image looks weird.

Final solution(for me): convert the images to PNG and later rename it to .gyu

That's because BMP doesn't have proper transparency. It uses a solid color background which is encoded to act like a green screen. You'd have to do some photoshop magic to get the any images to act like a transparent.