Attack Helicopter Dating Simulator on Steam

neometalero

The problem with the attack helicopter meme is that the well has been poisoned. It doesn't particularly matter if the original intent was malicious, because so many people have used it in a derogatory way that the derogatory meaning is what most people will think of when they see it.

"Traps" are a slightly different but related issue. I'd like to reiterate that I'm not trans, and someone who is would be a better reference for the issue than I would, but if the usage was solely limited to cis male crossdressers, I don't know if it would be that much of an issue. But, again, the well has been poisoned. Many people view trans women as just men in dresses, and refer to characters or even real trans women as "traps." When I know that people use the term in that way, it's hard not to associate even the "benign" usage with the derogatory usage.

I'm not sure what Mormons or otherkin have to do with anybody's points. I guess mocking Mormons is kind of an assholish thing to do (it's something I would have done when I first started identifying as an atheist, but wouldn't bother with now--I have better things to do), but it's not like they're an oppressed group anymore. And otherkin...meh. If someone identifies as a deer, I guess it's a bit silly, but why should I care?