Forgotten Wish [Music][Slice of Life][Romance][In Development]

Stella Circle

Hello! We're Stella Circle, a small indie game development circle that focuses on story rich visual novel games. We're currently working on our first visual novel game, Forgotten Wish, and we would like to share our development progress.

DUk13NWX4AAvP74.jpg

General Information

Title: Forgotten Wish
Language: English, Japanese
Genre: Music, Slice of Life, Drama, Romance
Format: Kinetic Visual Novel
Platforms: Windows-PC, MAC OS
Voice Acting: Japanese
Release Date: TBD

Synopsis

What would you do if you were to give up the things you loved the most and there was no way for you to get them back?
What would you do if -one day- you got the chance to re-live what you once tossed away?
Would you embrace your dreams if you had one last chance... Or would you walk away?

Takahashi Yoshirou is an uninspired student in his final year of high school. He follows his father's footsteps and one day will inherit his father's legacy to own one of the biggest company holdings in Chiyoda, Tokyo. When final year started, he decided to create a reading club, a club that is solely for Yoshirou and serves as a relaxing -napping- room for him. However, his peaceful days are interrupted by his friends, Eguchi Tomoya and Iwasaki Junpei, who start to come to the reading club room regularly for their band practice. One day, a mysterious female classmate decides to join the reading club despite Yoshirou's efforts to present the club's posters in the most awful way possible.

Join Yoshirou and his friends in a story of dreams, painful life, fated love, and forgotten wishes.

Main Characters

yoshi-chara_orig.jpg

miya-chara_orig.jpg

dmk4haawsaa-siu-jpg-large_orig.jpg

dmv9cjyx0aau-vz-jpg-large_orig.jpg

dl2wtwexcaayhei-jpg-large_1_orig.jpg

Demo Progress

Writing/Editing/Translation - 100%

Art (Characters/BGs/CGs/UI) - 100%

BGM and SFXs - 100%

Vocal Songs - 30%

Programming - 80%

Full Game Progress

Writing/Editing - 100%

Translation - 50%

Art (Characters/BGs/CGs/UI) - 25%

BGM and SFXs - 20%

Vocal Songs - 30%

Programming - 10%

Links

Twitter Website Patreon Tumblr

Thank you for your time,

Stella Circle Team

Edited by Stella Circle

Hey there, I presume you're an english-speaking japanese circle, if I'm correct? If so, I wanted to applaud you for trying to reach out to western audience, although it might be a little bit more tricky, if you're planning something more substantial.

Regarding your debut project - Is this story meant to be slice of life? Let me give you a warning - unless you're planning to involve your characters in some sort of twisted mystery or supernatural drama along the way, the story itself - based on synopsis you provide - does not look interesting at all, at least from my perspective. Maybe you'll have a chance with new players with proper advertising, but most of the hardened long-time players might not even notice your game. SoL alone should never be the driving force behind story in visual novels, it should only work to reinforce it. Western fans are also different in general and tend to prefer pure fictional/fantasy settings over real world drama, since they tend to be more interesting right from the start. Your story would have to be really well written with deeply fleshed-out characters to drive attention of the fanbase ad you'll have a hard time selling your game in this market, which is already very much oversaturated with very similar titles.

That aside, the art does look gorgeous. I'll be following the development and wish you good luck.