Dual window VN?

zxdvas

Is there any VN that generates two windows for the two speaking characters?

The lines of a character would not be overriden immediately after a sentence but stay until he speaks again or a third character joins in. The player can configure how many windows he seems fit for his monitor in the option menu. It is more than a visual feature as the two characters can act independently or the feature itself can be a plot device (meta-game has became prevalent). 

I can see the difficult present in full screen mode but the two windows can be combined into one just as using a browser. Resolution can be maintained while having more than one window.

The real limiting factor is supposedly programming and hence ultimately money. I still ponder why there is RPG maker but not a comprehensive VN maker. I still run into unicode incompatibility occasionally but that is derailing. I may have to take the theory that the VN market does not generate enough money to motivate technological improvement.

You mean something like this?

(you can move around the boxes separately)

Or like this?

https://vndb.org/v3900
(you cant move them but have both of them at the same time)

34640.jpg

There are many vns that uses the second method (all of them old vns), but I've seen only very few ones using the first one.

Edited by Deep Blue