https://store.steampowered.com/app/1025140/LAMUNATION_international/

JastUSA:

https://jastusa.com/lamunation-international

Mangagamer:

https://www.mangagamer.com/r18/detail.php?goods_type=1&product_code=1154

Denpasoft:

https://denpasoft.com/collections/newest-releases/products/lamunation

Original Post:

Love Lab announced an English translation of Lamunation! for Q1 of 2019.

Here is their announcement:

And here is their web page:

https://www.lovelabjapan.com/lamunation-announcement/

They confirmed an All-Age release with an free 18+ patch. I personally have never heard of Love Lab before, but the hired known translator Blickwinkel for this translation, so at least we don't have to fear a MTL.

Here is the opening:

@Clephas wrote on his blog here about the title and described it as 'random/comedy/ecchi'

Here is the link to his blog post:

So we have another new entry to the translation scene. I wish them good luck and hope their release is good. The title at least looks interesting if you enjoy comedy.

Edited by Formlose Gestalt

out of the myriads of titles they could´ve choosen from, they seriously went for lamunation... it´s literary value of a hemorrhoid ridden frog aside, not everything has to be a profound read, there´s simply nothing which gets you going, or in other words: the world won´t loose a thing, if this abomination goes down the way of all flesh. 

edit: blickwinkel doing the tl boggles my mind as well, but i guess a man needs to fap, feed himself and shit...

edit2: still i believe this is going more than successful, target audience is definitely there (regrettably so) 

Edited by SaintOfVoid

It's been forever since I posted here, but I thought I'd hop in and say HELLO since I'm the owner of Love Lab ^^ We're really excited to be working on LAMUNATION! I know it won't be to everyone's tastes, but if you're into crazy comedy then this is the game for you!

If you have any questions I can try and answer them, although we're still at the very start of the project so I can't get too much into the details yet! 

3 hours ago, snowbell55 said:

Just wondering for curiosity's sake more than anything: is the "Prototype" mentioned on the bottom right of the pic the same "Prototype" that were involved with Little Busters English Edition, or?

No, it's a different company, just with the same name (confusing, I know).

10 minutes ago, Wiz said:

Is the Love Lab anime eponymous to your company's name? I can see a relation.

No, no relation. I actually hadn't heard of the anime until I was coming up with my company name! In Japanese we are ラブラブ株式会社... Technically the katakana for Love Lab should be ラブラボ but I wanted to have a little fun with the naming.

While at least it's good that White Rabbit here didn't get tempted by SG like a certain company that was started with 'C' and ended with 'T', I would still think that this VN was not quite interested to me anyway. That said, the visual itself is quite good though so I may change my mind in regard of this later. Good luck to the project.

23 hours ago, Novel21 said:

Thank you for pick up Lamunation since I love comedy VN and I want more comedy VN too get translated^_^

Why did you pick up Lamunation and not other VN?

Are you going too translate other VN after Lamunation? 

I'm looking forward to read/play Lamunation^_^

Thank you!

Lamunation appealed to me because of the art style (I loooove muku's art), and because I think the content could be a hit not only with people who are already into visual novels, but also with other people who are new to the genre. For our first project, we wanted to go with something a bit crazy and different that could get our name out there to a wide potential audience. Also the writer/developer, kepposhi, is a really cool guy who was very enthusiastic about working with us! 

And yes, we hope to translate other visual novels after this! But it really depends on how this first project goes. If it sells well, then we can invest the profits into getting more licenses :)

18 hours ago, AdventSign said:

So what you're telling me is...
There's no Kickstarter? Wtf.

Nope! We're funding this ourselves.

17 hours ago, VonKlaus said:

will have mosaic?

Yes, we will be keeping the mosaics as the game was never designed to be uncensored. We may consider un-mosaiced releases in the future.

Aside from statements like 「女性絵師の絵を見ればその絵師が処女か非処女か大体わかる。分かった上で口説く」(I can understand whether a female artist is a virgin or not based on seeing her work. I base my seduction approach on this), he is well known for creeping on female artists on twitter, asking for their LINE or Skype accounts. Here is a screen of him asking one if she'd had sex or not out of the blue among other things: WMcjTgT.jpg

also implicit threats like 俺に逆らったら同人ゲー界にいられなくしてやる。俺のバックには強い権力者がいる  (If someone goes against me, they can no longer stay in the doujin game market. I have influential people on my side)

Edited by Dionysus42

Would like to remind that this happened few times during mostly 2012-2013. Kepposhi is a cool guy but if you have not yet noticed what he is posting on the Prototype account (and the old deleted White Powder account) his humor and behavior is not something too normal lol

2 hours ago, meru said:

Yes, we will be keeping the mosaics as the game was never designed to be uncensored. We may consider un-mosaiced releases in the future.

Uh, I'm curious, what exactly do you mean by that? No erotic game in Japan was made to be uncensored. I mean, those are the laws, after all. Companies still do it for western releases, though, as the laws don't apply here.

If a de-mosiac version is on the table, I'd think the best option would be to do it for the launch and not at a later date, (unless it would be a massive set-back time wise,) as lots of fans prefer uncensored games, (some of which won't buy games with mosiacs at all.)

9 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Uh, I'm curious, what exactly do you mean by that? No erotic game in Japan was made to be uncensored. I mean, those are the laws, after all. Companies still do it for western releases, though, as the laws don't apply here.

If a de-mosiac version is on the table, I'd think the best option would be to do it for the launch and not at a later date, (unless it would be a massive set-back time wise,) as lots of fans prefer uncensored games, (some of which won't buy games with mosiacs at all.)

Basically some art is more... detailed underneath the mosaics than others. Some artists don't draw detailed genitalia if they know that no one is ever going to see it. In this case, it would require substantial image editing on our end to make the mosaic-free images pleasing to look at. Another factor is that our company is based in Japan, and therefore has to adhere to Japanese laws.

My comment about de-mosaiced releases was for any potential future games we work on. It's not completely off the table, but not something we can offer at this point in time or with this particular title. I know there are a lot of people who will only buy releases without mosaics, but I'm afraid that's just not something we can do right now.

Edited by meru

26 minutes ago, meru said:

Basically some art is more... detailed underneath the mosaics than others. Some artists don't draw detailed genitalia if they know that no one is ever going to see it. In this case, it would require substantial image editing on our end to make the mosaic-free images pleasing to look at. Another factor is that our company is based in Japan, and therefore has to adhere to Japanese laws.

My comment about de-mosaiced releases was for any potential future games we work on. It's not completely off the table, but not something we can offer at this point in time or with this particular title. I know there are a lot of people who will only buy releases without mosaics, but I'm afraid that's just not something we can do right now.

Damn, that sucks. Crossing my fingers for future releases, then. (I'll still get this though. Looking forward to seeing those memes in English (´⊙ω⊙`) )