Formlose Gestalt

Lamunation! announced by Love Lab

Considering that kepposhi's not normal humor and behavior, safe to say that Japanese people were really angry with that. So much that the Erogamescape average score for this VN was at 46, something that shouldn't be possible with this unique VN here. I like to think that Kepposhi here was probably realized that his joke was unacceptable within Japanese people, so hopefully he'd able to control his joke there a bit.

PS - By the way, I still wouldn't care much about the mosaic lol.

3 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Considering that kepposhi's not normal humor and behavior, safe to say that Japanese people were really angry with that. So much that the Erogamescape average score for this VN was at 46, something that shouldn't be possible with this unique VN here. I like to think that Kepposhi here was probably realized that his joke was unacceptable within Japanese people, so hopefully he'd able to control his joke there a bit.

PS - By the way, I still wouldn't care much about the mosaic lol.

"Normal"... What is nowadays? What the majority says it is?

Hey, if he's treating Meru kindly and everyone is getting along, who cares? People change, for better or for worse. Hopefully it's for the better though. Give the guy a chance, aye? Seems like this'll be a good project to keep an eye on and fund. Lots of things to look forward to.

Edited by AdventSign

Of course I also like to think that Kepposhi himself could change here, and I'm sure that he'll be more careful seeing that he was almost get screwed up by the joke there. As for Japan, they're more sensitive with that kind of issue so it would be the best to keep it down the joke (In public at least), but if he's really willing to change then I agree that we should give him the chance to do that.

Edited by littleshogun

On 9/26/2018 at 1:12 PM, bakauchuujin said:

Well Japan is the place where a idol have to shave her head in shame if she gets found dating someone, not sure how many of their scandals can be trusted, maybe he is a really bad person maybe they just overreact dunno.

Have to? doubt that. Most likely they cave from pressure from pathetic otakus.

On 9/26/2018 at 5:33 AM, Dionysus42 said:

Reminder that Kepposhi is a sexual harasser

What? Did he flirt with some female at the workplace? I mean, that's literally all it takes to be labeled as a sexual harasser today. 

Edited by Stormwolf

At first, I thought this was a new company the with possibility of hiring unskilled translators/editors or MTL due to lack of information of VNDB and both CN and ENG translation for this memege. Still not sure if this is steam exclusive or not.

On 9/26/2018 at 10:40 PM, meru said:

Basically some art is more... detailed underneath the mosaics than others. Some artists don't draw detailed genitalia if they know that no one is ever going to see it. In this case, it would require substantial image editing on our end to make the mosaic-free images pleasing to look at. Another factor is that our company is based in Japan, and therefore has to adhere to Japanese laws.

My comment about de-mosaiced releases was for any potential future games we work on. It's not completely off the table, but not something we can offer at this point in time or with this particular title. I know there are a lot of people who will only buy releases without mosaics, but I'm afraid that's just not something we can do right now.

It is still possible for those artists to heard of complaints about bad drawing so that future games (including OELVN) are less likely to have this issue. (unlike manga localization which rarely face this issue) Not just censorship, there are  other technical factors to consider during the development of games for outside of Japan such as displaying English text, upscale UI for large monitors, etc.

Edited by Hetzer123

Love Lab (@lovelabjapan) Tweeted:
It's been a while, but we wanted to let you guys know that LAMUNATION is now 70% translated! Things are kicking into high gear!! ✨✨ https://t.co/onYlTaYxob

Update: 70% translated 

:sacchan: We are so close! I'm so excited for this visual novel! 

Edited by KanadeTachibana

Thanks guys!! I'm personally working through the editing now, and I have to say our translator has done a fantastic job! Programming work is also ongoing at the same time. I'll keep everyone updated as things progress. For the time being, we just released the OP movie :)