Has there been any drama recent in the visual novel community?

Happiness+

I feel so damn shameless for asking, but I can’t help but wonder about this. Because it seems like here on Fuwa, despite it’s small size, it’s pretty chill here. Maybe because all the conflicts has been resolved over the years, now everyone is pretty much “mature“ .

What constitutes as :salt: in the greater visual novel community? Like I get the stuff with Steam, but what fans the flames of a flame war between fellow VN fans nowadays? 

Edited by Happiness+

5 minutes ago, Funyarinpa said:

Honestly, I feel it's chill here because the people who weren't chill have basically all moved on and those who were always chill are the only ones who remain. It's different from 2014-15 Fuwanovel, for sure.

I agree. After looking at the history of Fuwa, that’s what exactly happened. There were two major wars regarding Lolis and piracy. I was a lurker during the 2013-2015 era.

Edited by Happiness+
Grammar.

You want DRAMA?! :Chocola:

Just visit one of Beast's Lair forums and you'll get your dose of drama there! Heck they even have they're own version of Holy Grail Wars there! Knock yourself out!!! :wahaha:

Fuwanovel is one of the most hospitable and peaceful forums internet and hope it stays that way... :amane:

People who desire for DRAMA is only asking for trouble... Your're better off playing Visual Novels and jerking off till you broke your shaft lol :sacchan:

Edited by Templarseeker

7 hours ago, Okarin said:

Why do you ask? Why bother?

3 hours ago, Templarseeker said:

You want DRAMA?! :Chocola:

Just visit one of Beast's Lair forums and you'll get your dose of drama there! Heck they even have they're own version of Holy Grail Wars there! Knock yourself out!!! :wahaha:

Fuwanovel is one of the most hospitable and peaceful forums internet and hope it stays that way... :amane:

People who desire for DRAMA is only asking for trouble... Your're better off playing Visual Novels and jerking off till you broke your shaft lol :sacchan:

2 hours ago, Ranzo said:

I'm above it all

I am sorry for such a silly shameless post. My next post won’t be shameless.

munches popcorn

@Happiness+ I really don't see what's so shameless about being curious. It doesn't mean you're suddenly going to become a part of the drama.

Certainly I don't think it's something to spend a lot of time on, but it's interesting and sometimes amusing to have an idea of what's going down and the issues some of those into VNs are worked up over.

7 hours ago, Templarseeker said:

(...) broke your shaft lol :sacchan:

*Starts remembering that male guro art I saw one day*

Ouch.

Anyway, fuwa is pretty chill recently which is great, while I haven't been haging out here as often as I was some months Ago ('cuz life's being keeping me busy) It is still nice to see a community not exploding over useless drama. Also don't feel ashamed of asking, being curious isn't the same as being Drama Thirsty kek.

To be honest, there's not too much up front. If there's usually drama, it's usually behind the scenes.
My advice: don't go looking for it and nod your head up and down when somebody is telling you stuff, but try not to take sides.
A lot of the times when people say shit, it's because they've felt wronged or treated unfairly and just want to vent.
Don't be me and be a jack ass. Sarcasm doesn't go too well in arguments and I'm pretty bad when it comes to dumb and pointless fights.
You'll be disliked quite quickly. ^_^ 

There will always be people who don't like others for one reason or another. Doesn't mean you need to not like those same people.
Everyone is pretty civil on here either way and most of the times are friendly. Even fights on here are usually short lived. All in all, it's one of the better communities. 8)