This time Sakuragame decided to kill Hakoniwa Logic

bakauchuujin

Hakoniwa Logic has become the victim of the plague that is Sakuragame.

As this unstoppable company continue all we can do is watch in horror as they rake in enough money from the chinese market to continue their goal of ruining VNs for the english speaking market.

Btw here are some nice lines from their summary of the title

Our protagonist, ,Wakui Arata is a student in the artificial city called Senba City. 
Senba City, also called Hakoniwa City, is a man-built city.

Considering that Cabbit willing to trust their 'overseas transplant' to SG twice it's easy to see that Cabbit here probably did almost bankrupt, and therefore they probably seek the easiest way to go overseas quickly. Too bad though that Hanokiwa here is licensed by SG, but it's not like that we couldn't move on from that, considering that there's a lot of good releases out there. Of course it's understandable if we worry that SG might become bigger and somehow managed to license something like Fate or White Album 2 (Yeah I knew it's very extreme situation), but I think rather than worry about that I guess we should be more focused on the current situation.

PS - Actually SG could be partnered with either Mangagamer or JAST (Even Sekai is fine) if they want to expand overseas, just like Hikari Field with Nekonyan. But I guess they want to be independent there.

Edited by littleshogun

41 minutes ago, Narcosis said:

I'm more amazed Cabbit still didn't went down under. Skyfish is doing themselves a great disservice by keeping that monstrosity up.

pretty sure skyfish isn´t really interested in the english audience, chinese sales are all that matters. or let´s rephrase it, unless convinced otherwise, means showing them definite prove of significant sales numbers being indeed possible, there probably won´t be any change in their policy of viewing english localizations as a bothersome hassle.
& before anyone starts the usual defender-of-innocent/naive -jp-devs, nah, they´re neither this much retarded, nor do they exist in total ignorance of the world. heck they know fairly well whom they´re partnering with, goes especially for more big developers, so if anyone is to blame it´s most probably both.
sakuragame isn´t only around since yesterday, social media, trackrecords & traceable pr do exist. keep on believing in the opposite is nothing but whiteknightening those who obviously don´t give a shit.

Edited by SaintOfVoid

Perhaps it should be for the best then that we shouldn't expect that Cabbit would have at least some sense to not trust their overseas transplant to SG, because they probably was in need of a lot of money and therefore desperate seeing from how quickly they localized their two VNs in short time. Also while I agree that both sides here did have some faults, I think we could blame Cabbit more because they already tempted twice, and yet they refuse to broke off the deal with the SG even though in theory they should know SG bad reputation.

I wonder if japanese developers even know how bad machine translations actually are based on how Lune talked about it when they were tweeting about maybe localizing a title.

The part of the tweet you can see bellow is SFW but the tweet itself does have some NSFW images.

Spoiler

Edited by bakauchuujin

The part of the tweet you can see bellow is SFW but the tweet itself does have some NSFW images.
Spoiler

This tweet makes me a bit worried that we might see many more titles getting machine translated in the future.

It seems like there currently aren't enough official translators to handle translations when japanese companies want to release in english. So if they have no other option and is in need of money they might simply end up figuring that something like Sakuragame is the best. This makes me wonder if Cabbit went to Sakuragame first or if they ended up getting rejected by companies like MG, SP and Jast first and then went to Sakuragame. Also I am not sure the ideal solution is just to try to get more translators. I think there is already somewhat of a problem with too many titles being released compared to the people who buy VNs which is something that makes it so that the different companies have problems turning a profit. It might be that there is just a way larger demand by companies and english VN fans for localization than can be sustained by the current size of the market.

Well for the perticular case it seems to possibly solve itself 

Spoiler

However considering that the elf VN is really popular I doubt that it always resolve itself this way.

Edited by bakauchuujin

• 8 months later...

Game released on Steam as "Logic of the miniature garden".

Not 2$, but 10$...

Do you think translation will improve? Ahaha. How naive. NO.

But thanks to SG, Cabbit can now produce their 4th game... Finally, it releases that summer.

Ahah... SakuraGame saved them... Buying all 3 licenses...

Well good for them I guess, although Mangagamer license was probably more helpful to them though (Hopefully). And with that I guess Cabbit really did desperate to get the money in order to fund their fourth project, so hopefully they'll allow Mangagamer to have that licensed instead of SG if they still want overseas release.

On 25.06.2019 at 7:53 AM, littleshogun said:

Well good for them I guess, although Mangagamer license was probably more helpful to them though (Hopefully). And with that I guess Cabbit really did desperate to get the money in order to fund their fourth project, so hopefully they'll allow Mangagamer to have that licensed instead of SG if they still want overseas release.

Also, as I can see, their 4th game is middle price (6800 yen), so... 

But I'm afraid that 4th game will be also from SakuraGame as overseas release :(

So, their answer about bad English translation:

"we outsourced our translation work to a 3rd party company but still they are all Chinese like me so there are certain limitation to understanding the language and the culture behind it. We have some editors but that doesn't make much a difference."

1 hour ago, Veshurik said:

"we outsourced our translation work to a 3rd party company but still they are all Chinese like me so there are certain limitation to understanding the language and the culture behind it. We have some editors but that doesn't make much a difference."

With the kind of money they are throwing around, they could have easily bought out a couple of fanTLers who would do a better job than any Chinese 3rd party translation company.