Sengoku Rance text problems

guydude64

Decided to pick up Sengoku Rance after a long while of absence, and found myself frustrated by random numbers, letters, characters, etc, being switched for other things, not to mention some text in the country action screen being cut off, when it hadnt been before, and I'm stumped as to the cause! I did make sure that the required fonts were there, have tried using both Japanese Locale in the system, as well as using the locale emulator, didnt make a difference. I have attached a few examples of what I'm seeing on screen, any help would be appreciated! On a sort-of related note, I notice sometimes text being spoken will be massive in comparison to the rest of the text.

Are you running your computer with Japan system locale? : Yes
Game Name: Sengoku Rance
Description of Problem: some numbers replaced with weird text, some text cut off when it hadnt been before, etc
Your Operating System: Windows 10
Is your Operating System 64 or 32 bit? 64 Bit
What did you already try? (Uninstall/Reinstall, Re-download, Run as admin, etc): What I've tried, is I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the game, downloaded it from a different source, ran as admin, ran with the Locale Emulator, ran in Japanese Locale, ran with the Locale Emulator as admin, while already being in Japanese locale, tried running in compability mode for windows XP, 7, and 8, made sure required fonts were installed, and reinstalled them for good measure. no change in the problem.

Screenshot

Screenshot 2

Screenshot 3

On 9/26/2018 at 10:49 PM, 1P1A said:

Try using this.

You can also try using a different mounting software. Good luck.

This time it worked!! In doing so, I've figured out what the problem was, see, I tested it out right after the patch was applied, and found that I was seeing the same things I had been before, then I closed it out, and copied over that updated file that was included, and found that all my issues were gone! So what that led me to believe then, that what I was seeing was just a problem in an earlier version of the translation patch, that never got updated because I didnt have access to the updated file!