What got you into Visual Novels in the first place?

Happiness+

Same as most people , i got into reading since i was a kid (king arthur was my 1st iirc) , then gaming and anime became my main hobbies.

JRPGs were always my favourite games , and i remember while looking for such games stumbled upon Sakura Dungeon. The art looked great , and the dungeon crawler + turn based combat got me into it. Dispite the critics , i loved the game , and by looking for more Winged Cloud games i discovered the Grisaia Trilogy (back then only the first part was localized) and that's when i got hooked into VNs.

• 2 months later...

wow, I've never posted here?

Easy. I started playing VNs because I watched the Umineko anime and wanted to know what happened next [the anime is incomplete]. I tried a lot to download it and play, but didn't know how. A few months later I decided to try again and got it to work. Right after Umi, I started Rewrite and the rest is history

Hmmm! I could have sworn I had replied to this before!! :fuhahaha:

I am a bookworm already, and I love manga and anime, so finding about visual novels was just a mix of both lmao I think I found them through Zero Corpse, a Brazilian RPGM translation blog that mostly focuses on horror content; there was this one post on VNs and so I got interested - that's also how I got into my fantl group (now dead, sadly, though everyone is pretty much still active!!).

Edited by Fujoneko

I see that I never post in this thread here. Anyway as for on how I start the VN, it was started way back in 2003 when I get Jewel Knight Crusaders and saw the first sex scene with Menou while having my younger sibling watching (They below 8 at that time), although now that I remember it's just when she was naked and then I'd close the VN immediately. Then in 2009 I have a talk with someone in regard of VN, and then he gave me three VNs (Shera My Witch, Shuffle, and Kira Kira), in which I immediately played those and finished it. Some times after that, I asked for another person and he gave me both of Clannad and Tsukihime along with bunch of shorter VNs (Including Hinatabokko and Virgin Roster). Afterwards, I ask for more recommendations from someone else, and then he gave me the VNs list to try, and when I search for the info about those I came across VNDB. The rest is history.

By the way it should be mentioned that despite I didn't mention what happen in between 2003 to 2008, I still has some faint interest to the VN back then. Especially after I read an article in a magazine that ironically warned that hentai game (Can't exactly blame the writer to call the VN as such) are not for children, in which back then it can be perceived for children because of the drawing.

Edited by littleshogun