Baldr Force patch released by mysterious person on 4ch

Zakamutt

For some background, read this amazing article by yours truly:

So basically someone claims to have released a patch for baldr force's standard edition.

I'm not sure if anyone's tried it yet, but you can get it here. Screens included in the patch's translated manual and such indicate it's the real deal but no guarantees.

I'm surprised that turned out that this is not the very belated April Fool prank lol. Anyway, I'm glad that the trailer was turned out to be real, so hopefully people would like to try this. Oh and while I did say that I prefer it with H scenes, after I saw that it did have scat content perhaps it's for the best that they chose all ages version.

20 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

Oh and while I did say that I prefer it with H scenes...

dude you know everything baldr is primarily about mecha. and while this game´s ero-content is at least somewhat plotrelevant, it´s also ~20 years old, eg. not really appealing by today´s means - you also wouldn´t want to fap to your grandma, would you? :P

Edited by SaintOfVoid

45 minutes ago, SaintOfVoid said:

dude you know everything baldr is primarily about mecha. and while this game´s ero-content is at least somewhat plotrelevant, it´s also ~20 years old, eg. not really appealing by today´s means - you also wouldn´t want to fap to your grandma, would you? :P

Well it was my initial reaction though, and I'm pretty much okay with this since at least this time they backported it from PS2 to PC, so I have no problem with that. That said, it would be nice though if we can use PS2 voice as well so a certain couple would be more fulfilling for Fairy Tail fan seeing that both of Akira Ishida and Mamiko Noto did voiced the MC Tohru and Liang here respectively. Oh and even though there's no H scenes in this version, I did saw the HCG and what I can say is that it's pretty much just standard HCG.

The translation patch already modified it so it can work in windows 8/10, so no further patching should be necessary.

My main issue is the microscopic 640x480 resolution. I can't find any decent window zooming/stretching solution that works with this game. Windows' and borderless gaming's scaling options cause the rendering to freeze/glitch out and the windows 10 magnifier is very glitchy and laggy for me. There's always fullscreen mode, which does work, but it doesn't look as good as a straight 2x enlargement would and it makes multitasking more difficult.

edit: and now it just crashed when i was alt tabbing while in fullscreen mode, and it caused other weirdness in my second monitor, like not being able to move my cursor to parts of the screen. This game is a real pain in the ass.

Edited by Decay

2 hours ago, Decay said:

My main issue is the microscopic 640x480 resolution. I can't find any decent window zooming/stretching solution that works with this game. Windows' and borderless gaming's scaling options cause the rendering to freeze/glitch out and the windows 10 magnifier is very glitchy and laggy for me. There's always fullscreen mode, which does work, but it doesn't look as good as a straight 2x enlargement would and it makes multitasking more difficult.

Did you try OnTopReplica?

Edited by ShinRaikdou

I guess I have to eat my words on this one. I honestly thought this was just some elaborate joke. But I am happy to be wrong on this one!

I guess the group behind this one really wanted to stay anonymous and choose 4chan because of that.

It's been a while since I last played anything in 640*480 but I am going to check this one out. :lol:

8 hours ago, Decay said:

The translation patch already modified it so it can work in windows 8/10, so no further patching should be necessary.

edit: and now it just crashed when i was alt tabbing while in fullscreen mode, and it caused other weirdness in my second monitor, like not being able to move my cursor to parts of the screen. This game is a real pain in the ass.

This release appears to use a WINE hack (implemented by the translator) to get the game to run in Windows 8/10.  That would explain why modern Windows features don't work.  This game wasn't intended to run outside Windows 98/XP.

22 hours ago, Zakamutt said:

all 30 megs of the patch? Or like, the vn and then you patched it?

ALL OF IT! It ain’t working. I have windows 10. All the updates. Maybe it needs an emulator?

8 hours ago, sanahtlig said:

This release appears to use a WINE hack (implemented by the translator) to get the game to run in Windows 8/10.  That would explain why modern Windows features don't work.  This game wasn't intended to run outside Windows 98/XP.

Weird. Very weird. How did the guy develop it?

Were they still using windows XP while trying to encode everything? 

Why the odd marketing strategy?

So many questions, no answers.

This guy needs to come here and explain. I love the Baldr force series since the OVA, and it’s awesome that they translated it after all these years. 

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCVFhsZwMZwM_M9Kt-HvrNMA/

That’s the guy’s YouTube channel. Hopefully, the answers lie here even though all his videos are unlisted. 

(Also, I am glad he got rid of the H-Scenes, they were probably trash anyway. Very few VNs integrate sex into the plot. I doubt Baldr would’ve been an exception.)

4 hours ago, Happiness+ said:

ALL OF IT! It ain’t working. I have windows 10. All the updates. Maybe it needs an emulator?

Unfortunately everything you say makes me suspect the problem exists between monitor and chair in this case, and I'm too lazy to figure out if you actually have real problem that's not caused by downloading the patch but not the actual game. Godspeed.

3 hours ago, Happiness+ said:

@binaryfail developed the quick fix used in this patch 2 years ago, and that's what I used to play the 18+ version back then.  You can download and view the documentation for it via a link in my Windows 10 VN compatibility list. 

Edited by sanahtlig

3 hours ago, Antera said:

Dame that resolution >_> 

Nothing wrong with it (I don't have a problem even on a 40" HDTV), it's something you have to deal with when you play older visual novels.

21 hours ago, Happiness+ said:

Were they still using windows XP while trying to encode everything? 

Why the odd marketing strategy?

So many questions, no answers.

This guy needs to come here and explain. I love the Baldr force series since the OVA, and it’s awesome that they translated it after all these years. 

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCVFhsZwMZwM_M9Kt-HvrNMA/

That’s the guy’s YouTube channel. Hopefully, the answers lie here even though all his videos are unlisted. 

(Also, I am glad he got rid of the H-Scenes, they were probably trash anyway. Very few VNs integrate sex into the plot. I doubt Baldr would’ve been an exception.)

Well since my post was deleted (instead of hidden like it should've been) without question I'll respond again, I have no problems whatsoever playing it on Windows 10 and you shouldn't either.

The only thing I'm missing is a walkthrough guide which no one has made yet on Fuwanovel and there aren't any English ones available without spoilers, I'm not even going to try and use some of the Japanese walkthrough guides that a thread has some links to on the VNDB page for the visual novel.

https://vndb.org/t2631

Edited by Shaun