[Spoiler] Euphoria: About Byakuya Rinne

Yamikin

Hello!

I ended Euphoria a long time ago (about 2 years), so my memories about the game are really hazy. The topic came out recently in a conversation with my friend: I can't really remember the whole story about Byakuya Rinne (The cult, her mother and why she raped the protagonist, the connection between the "laboratory" and the cult if there was any, the experiment which made Rinne the protagonist's daughter and what it consisted of), and I'd be really thankful if someone could refresh my memory about it in details (even telling me where to skip precisely in the VN to read about these things is fine), I just dont really feel like reading the whole novel (since it's not a short one) again just for this.

Edited by Yamikin

Welp, my memory is also kinda hazy, but let me try to help you out. 

As I understand it, the cult and the researchers were not connected in any particular way, they just happen to occupy the cave that was annexed to the facility. To get rid of them the researchers actually gased the cave, so yeah, not on friendly terms. 

As for Rinne, her conception and growth, I believe that the cult Leader had a grown child about the age of Keisuke, or a year younger I think, who had sexual amorphism, a pretty rare condition that the researchers were for some reason (it has nothing to do with their research field but whatever) were interested in. The cult leader went on and kidnapped a kid from the hospital on the surface and raped him, and that kid turned out to be Keisuke. Why did she do that? I don't know, but they are depicted as crazed cultists and she wanted to resemble the Assumption, so I guess that it's not that big of a stretch to assume that she somehow thought that raping a child could give birth to a Messiah or something like that. Then, as for what happened to make Rinne into a girl, this is just my interpretation, but I believe they extracted the genome from the zygote in her womb and somehow altered the DNA of Rinne with it. 

Then they converted her in a spare part for the paradise project, who knows why. Though if one of the conditions for creating a sleeping beauty is to first make her fed up with the real world, I guess Rinne has more than enough reasons, what with the shit life she had. 

Euphoria has not the most consistent plot ever, that must be said. If you start scrutinizing it too much it'll fall apart eventually... But I hope at least what I said refreshed your memory on some points. 

Edited by Thyndd
Baddo ingurisu